HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Buying Dubois out (before he turns 26 on Jun 24th) cost them 1/3 of his contract. That would be close to the cost the Wild paid for both Suter and Parise combined... in actual dollars.

Would be a big move by Blake. Trade a big package to get him, sign him to a big deal, then buy him out. Personally, I think the Kings stay put and decide to manage him better next year. He needs to be in their top 6. Coach got to figure this out.

Is Bergevin still an adviser to the Kings?

Have a little more respect dude, he is a Senior adviser!!!!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Reinbacher is not getting moved anytime soon.

No point adding his name in trade proposals.

To MTL: 2024 1st where Parekh is still available
To Some team willing to trade their 1st where Parekh is available: Matheson + Jets 1st + Harris or Struble

Won't happen because we're not trading Matheson this offseason, but food for thought.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Dubois is going to cost Blake his job.

Unless there is someone above Blake that forces him to do something, it's best for Blake to talk to his coach and figure out how to manage it better.

Dubois does produce when playing with talent. I understand, you want players who don't need that much kicking in the ass but he's just not going to produce with limited talent on the 3rd line.

The insider in me tells me that they were trying to ice 3 defensive lines

Reactions: kinghock

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
To LA: Gallagher + Kapanen + WPG 1st (26-27)
To MTL: Dubois (30% retention, hit is down to 5.95) + 1st (18-19)

We can pick Sennecke, Boisvert, Hage or maybe MBN?

Shawnathon

Jul 25, 2012
Unless there is someone above Blake that forces him to do something, it's best for Blake to talk to his coach and figure out how to manage it better.

Dubois does produce when playing with talent. I understand, you want players who don't need that much kicking in the ass but he's just not going to produce with limited talent on the 3rd line.

The insider in me tells me that they were trying to ice 3 defensive lines
McClellan called him out super hard in January then threw him down the line up out of frustration. Said he was bad with and without the puck. Their assistant coach took over when McClellan was fired and he was still bad. He was a very useless player this year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
McClellan called him out super hard in January then threw him down the line up out of frustration. Said he was bad with and without the puck. Their assistant coach took over when McClellan was fired and he was still bad. He was a very useless player this year.

Change of teams and style/structure can do that. Happened to Huberdeau.

Lets face it, he's not showing up each and every shift and he got his money now. He's still very good when he's on his game. None of this was new news when the Kings did the sign/trade. Usage is key with Dubois. With the Jets, he was a pt/game player with Connor. When they moved him away from talent, he was meh. That trend is clear as day with me. I've been paying attention more than most.

Kings strategy of icing 3 lines with Dubois on the 3rd just didn't work. That brought out the complacent Dubois when I think he signed to be in a top 6 role with talent.

Anderson on the Habs is very similar. He does nothing in a bottom 6 role and becomes lazy. It's the coaches job to get the best out of the players. With Dubois, He's paid as a top 6 player so he should be used as one.

15 min/game and yeah, Dubois deserves some of that? But really coach, do you expect him to suck it up and produce after the history we already know? Coach didn't sign him but you got him now. Deal with it better... got no choice.

Shawnathon

Jul 25, 2012
Change of teams and style/structure can do that. Happened to Huberdeau.

Lets face it, he's not showing up each and every shift and he got his money now. He's still very good when he's on his game. None of this was new news when the Kings did the sign/trade. Usage is key with Dubois. With the Jets, he was a pt/game player with Connor. When they moved him away from talent, he was meh. That trend is clear as day with me. I've been paying attention more than most.

Kings strategy of icing 3 lines with Dubois on the 3rd just didn't work. That brought out the complacent Dubois when I think he signed to be in a top 6 role with talent.

Anderson on the Habs is very similar. He does nothing in a bottom 6 role and becomes lazy. It's the coaches job to get the best out of the players. With Dubois, He's paid as a top 6 player so he should be used as one.

15 min/game and yeah, Dubois deserves some of that? But really coach, do you expect him to suck it up and produce after the history we already know? Coach didn't sign him but you got him now. Deal with it better... got no choice.
I like Josh Anderson. I think he’s hard worker that’s not that talented. Dubois is super talented that doesn’t work hard. I think that’s why all his coaches hate him. I don’t think he likes playing hockey.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
To MTL: 2024 1st where Parekh is still available
To Some team willing to trade their 1st where Parekh is available: Matheson + Jets 1st + Harris or Struble

Won't happen because we're not trading Matheson this offseason, but food for thought.
I sense they are eager to draft a forward this coming draft, will probably even attempt to move up if they can entice one of the teams with an offer.

I’m pretty confident to say that defenseman are not on their priority list.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
Most of Hughes's moves will be from Draft to July 10th IMO. Most teams make most of their moves in this span.

I am open to Dubois trade but has to have retention down to $7.5M (can't have a higher AAV than Suzuki on our team). My trade looks like this or no deal.

* Gallagher or Anderson or both
* Minor youth add like Harris or Ylonen or both
for
* Dubois
* 1st round pick (only lottery protected). Could be any pick from 24-26 drafts and I would personally prefer the 25 or 26 drafts. Keep spreading out our draft power.

Must haves or no spark to any potential deal
* Gallagher and/or Anderson included.
* Retention down to $7.5M
* 1st round pick to cover the extra 4 years on top of Gallagher/Anderson.
Dude...
You're persistent, i'll give you that...lol

Maybe if you post it enough times, it'll start to make sense. ;)

On the bright side, Sean Monahan is number 28 on Frank Seravalli's free agents list with a projected contract of 3 x 2.9M.
At that term, i'd sign him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I like Josh Anderson. I think he’s hard worker that’s not that talented. Dubois is super talented that doesn’t work hard. I think that’s why all his coaches hate him. I don’t think he likes playing hockey.

Anderson doesn't show up every shift bud. He's got multiple gears to his game like Dubois. One has more talent yes but similar up/down energy.

Interesting conversation with Dubois on skill though. Certainly not elite but top 6 skill right?

The trend I noticed with both players is they do well with talent but fade when they are placed with less talent. They become complacent and uninspired.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I sense they are eager to draft a forward this coming draft, will probably even attempt to move up if they can entice one of the teams with an offer.

I’m pretty confident to say that defenseman are not on their priority list.
I'm talking about after we draft a forward with our own 1st. I would see them going for a second forward. But, if they are high on Parekh...

Dude...

On the bright side, Sean Monahan is number 28 on Frank Seravalli's free agents list with a projected contract of 3 x 2.9M.
I think Servalli is off on that projection for a Monahan contract. Where is the list?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Dude...

I just like have conversations and I have strong opinions that I back up with context. Some can't handle it when they disagree.

The confusion here is some comprehend high traffic comments with obsession. :nod:

I think Servalli is off on that projection for a Monahan contract. Where is the list?

Monahan has rebounded and shut up his critics now that he is healthy but GM's won't over commit at this stage.

There will be lots of interest with Monahan this summer but the interest mostly comes with a value contract strategy.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I'm talking about after we draft a forward with our own 1st. I would see them going for a second forward. But, if they are high on Parekh...

Sorry, misread your post.

It will be a tough task moving that much up with the Jets pick.

I guess nothing is impossible.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Retaining 3m and trading Dubois makes more sense for LA then buying him out. They should be able to get something for Dubois at 5.5m.

I'd also note that Dubois' first year with the Jets was also not very good (20 points in 41 games) so it's possible he could rebound with LA and would arguably be the right non-move to make except by waiting a year the buyout cost go up, but his NMC kicks in which could be problem.

I doubt we have any interest in him, Hughes was already luke warm before the struggles and our top-6 is taking shape and there's not really much of a fit anymore given our draft position.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Sorry, misread your post.

It will be a tough task moving that much up with the Jets pick.

I guess nothing is impossible.
In my proposal, Matheson is the main piece. But I don't see Hughes trading Matheson this summer anyways.

Reactions: Justin11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad