HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Quinn or Peterka if Buffalo is smart enough to improve their D. They still need a solid top 4D despite Byram.

For all of their supposed quality D depth, MTL has no Dman as good as BUF top 3, and even less RHDs. I don t see why BUF would trade Quinn or Peterka

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
On Laraque and Gonzalez they were asking which D should the Habs trade to get a top forward. BGL was saying he thinks the Habs are gonna trade Mailloux but he would trade Reinbacker. The name Ghule was also mentioned.

I would keep all our main kids personally. And dangle Matheson.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
On Laraque and Gonzalez they were asking which D should the Habs trade to get a top forward. BGL was saying he thinks the Habs are gonna trade Mailloux but he would trade Reinbacker. The name Ghule was also mentioned.

Guhle and Reinbacher are untouchable

Mailloux I would listen

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
For all of their supposed quality D depth, MTL has no Dman as good as BUF top 3, and even less RHDs. I don t see why BUF would trade Quinn or Peterka
Byram has been abysmal, ask Sabres fans. The potential is still there in his case but that is a team that needs to fix their D fast. And they're overloaded with potential top-6 forwards

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

That’s going to be a tough call by Hughes.

What if he trades the wrong guy? Since you have to give to get and since he can’t keep ‘em all, I’m curious to find out who goes this summer.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I’d talk with Winnipeg, as they’ll be looking to add some depth on right defense, with DeMelo and Miller becoming UFAs this July.

The Jets have a plethora of young talented forwards in their system, and the one I’d be interested in acquiring is Colby Barlow. Habs have some organizational depth at RD, and picks which Winnipeg are low on for the draft. They also have a history of dealing with each other, so I’d be willing to offer:

To Winnipeg: Justin Barron, Jets 1st round pick (acquired in the Monahan trade)

To Montreal: Colby Barlow

If the Habs could walk out of the draft with Lindstrom/Demidov/Iginla and Barlow, it would go a long way towards solidifying our top 6 for years.

(In a couple years)

Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Barlow - Dach - Lindstrom/Iginla
Roy - Beck - ___
Tuch - Xhekaj - ___

That’s a group of forwards filled with talent, speed and size.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I’d talk with Winnipeg, as they’ll be looking to add some depth on right defense, with DeMelo and Miller becoming UFAs this July.

The Jets have a plethora of young talented forwards in their system, and the one I’d be interested in acquiring is Colby Barlow. Habs have some organizational depth at RD, and picks which Winnipeg are low on for the draft. They also have a history of dealing with each other, so I’d be willing to offer:

To Winnipeg: Justin Barron, Jets 1st round pick (acquired in the Monahan trade)

To Montreal: Colby Barlow

If the Habs could walk out of the draft with Lindstrom/Demidov/Iginla and Barlow, it would go a long way towards solidifying our top 6 for years.

(In a couple years)

Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Barlow - Dach - Lindstrom/Iginla
Roy - Beck - ___
Tuch - Xhekaj - ___

That’s a group of forwards filled with talent, speed and size.
Would...........the Jets bite??

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Buff has 2 number 1 OA in Dahlin and Power..............and it has done very little to move the needle.....doesn't make sense to me...............could they get better?? They certainly should be able to but haven't shown it yet.

Can you imagine this board, and we used TWO number 1 OA for Dmen? LOL

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

You'll get picks and/or B prospects for Matheson, it's not worth it. When he's an impending UFA at the deadline, maybe we can get good picks and/or better prospects.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Guhle and Reinbacher are untouchable

Mailloux I would listen
If Habs can get a solid top 4 RHD to surround and mentor Reinbacher, I’d be open to trade Mailloux and a 1st for a top player.

But right now we are thin on the right side.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
Buff has 2 number 1 OA in Dahlin and Power..............and it has done very little to move the needle.....doesn't make sense to me...............could they get better?? They certainly should be able to but haven't shown it yet.

Can you imagine this board, and we used TWO number 1 OA for Dmen? LOL
They’ll use one of the D to try for Draisaitl if he won’t re-sign in Edmonton

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I would love to see a 2nd line of Newhook-Dach-Duclair. Sign the Duke as a stop gap for 1-2 year 3.5Mish.. I would prefer that than pay the big bucks for Marchessault even on a short term deal

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

Laboeuf

Apr 14, 2013
I think Hughes will packaged

Justin Barron (RHD are a premium)
WPG 1st round pick
MTL 2nd round pick

For a young top 6 forward around 22 years old.
I see someone like a Dawson Mercer

Reactions: sampollock

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
I think Hughes will packaged

Justin Barron (RHD are a premium)
WPG 1st round pick
MTL 2nd round pick

For a young top 6 forward around 22 years old.
I see someone like a Dawson Mercer
I think a Mercer would cost way more than that

Laboeuf

Apr 14, 2013
I think a Mercer would cost way more than that

Yes if Mercer wasn’t up for a contract extension he would be worth more. Which is why we buying low. New Jersey locked up their core players Hughes Maier Hieshier Palat Bratt not much to spend long term for Mercer. Don’t forget Hughes brother dude for $7 mil soon.

Same situation with Colorado last year and Newhook.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Montreal could have traded Reinbacher to Philadelphia for Cutter Gauthier at last year's draft, and didn't. They're not trading Reinbacher.

They're also not going to trade Guhle.

Mailloux maybe, but I expect them to trade Barron, Struble or Harris long before the "big 3" on D. Savard has one more year on his contract. We can easily go into 2025-2026, with Guhle, Reinbacher & Mailloux on our right side. Left side is over crowded with Matheson, Hutson, Xhekaj, Struble & Harris.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs USA
    France vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $225.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Canada
    Norway vs Canada
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $501.00