HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Sandin's stats are better with the Caps vs the Leafs bud.
Not this season bud. He was at a 27.7 point pace this season while he was at a 31.5 season pace in the season he got traded. Unless of course you think his 15 points in 19 games when he got traded wasn't a fluke.

Trading a 22 year old on pace for 31.5 points is very different than a 23 year old on pace for 20.5. Let's also remember that Harris has gotten scratched many times on a bottom 5 team whereas Sandin didn't.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Laine during his time in Winter-peg expressed his desire to their beat writer (Murat Ates?), of not wanting to play in a hockey market, rather to follow fellow countrymen Selanne’s path of playing in Orange County where he could enjoy his surfing passion
Understand, I know he was really depressed in Winterpeg, who wouldn't. Of course, nobody wants to tradehim against his will. He needs to be motivated to come here.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Teams have been having trouble with Laine for 6 years now. There’s a problem between the ears there. I doubt he’d have a target on his back the way Dubois would’ve if he acquired him, but I still don’t think this is a great place for that kind of a player.
Who would not be depressed in Winterpeg or totally disfunctional Columbus? You are right, this is not an easy market, but the passion of fans, staff and teammates might actually help him.
Edit: It looks like it worked for Armia.

Last edited:

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Yes, i suppose they won't like it at all...lol
But they might not have a choice if they want to move on. That's a better alternative than buying him out, if that alternative is really out there.

In normal circumstances, i'd agree that delaying might be the best way. He turned it around in Winnipeg so he can do it again.
But Dubois really doesn't look like he fits well with the Kings and, like explained earlier, delaying could be even more costly for them if it doesn't work out.
Bergeven was recently spotted at a dog show with the LA Kings owner,you know....the old loyalty thing.😂

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wonder if other GM's will take a stab at Fowler if we get into a trade package discussion... for our top 6F target.

Habs have so many different type of futures package we can offer. I'm sure Hughes is going to make at least 1 trade for a top 6F. Possibly he makes two trades.

1) Sign Monahan for 3 or 4 years

2) Unload Armia to save cap

3) 5th OA for Zegras

4) Jets 1st, Barron, Dvorak for Laine

Zegras, Laine, Monahan adds would turn this roster around and the D would be still in place which 1 more year of growth. Does it fit the cap? Not sure.... I'm going to play with it.

therocket9

Sep 15, 2021
I wonder if other GM's will take a stab at Fowler if we get into a trade package discussion... for our top 6F target.

Habs have so many different type of futures package we can offer. I'm sure Hughes is going to make at least 1 trade for a top 6F. Possibly he makes two trades.
Cannot trade your potential #1 goalie he has the best chance to be a star goalie.

Jul 6, 2016
Zegras is the most interesting player to acquire in a trade. The guy is an offensive machine. Two seasons already with 60 points +. Would play on Habs top-six right out of the bat.

I would wish the Habs would be willing to deal their 1st pick + Anderson + Barron for Zegras + Anaheim’s best second rounder + future considerations or a kid like Nathan Gaucher.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Relax people... Just wondering how much cap space we really have. It appears to be lots if both Dvorak and Armia are off loaded.

Imagine if we did these moves. How much confidence would have have in this roster?

Hutson and Reinbacher start in the AHL.

Ed4S5ZG.png

m5HMrjV.png

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023

1) Sign Monahan for 3 or 4 years

2) Unload Armia to save cap

3) 5th OA for Zegras

4) Jets 1st, Barron, Dvorak for Laine

Zegras, Laine, Monahan adds would turn this roster around and the D would be still in place which 1 more year of growth. Does it fit the cap? Not sure.... I'm going to play with it.
Fowler would not be one of my first candidates to be traded.

I like Monahan but Hugues said he wanted players that can play with pace. He's not exactly that. It's going a bit fast for him in the playoffs.
Maybe with a 2 year contract as a stopgap, but it won't happen.

No need to trade Armia. They have enough cap space and they need him on the bottom 6.

It's been debated already but i wouldn't trade for Zegras. Certainly not the 5OA pick.
But if you do, at least trade down before giving your 1st for him.
I'd bet Calgary would give a lot to get the chance to pick Tij Iginla.
Give a couple of pieces more, like maybe Barron and Dvorak (if he can be traded there with his m-ntc), and go get Rasmus Andersson to solidify the top 4.
But i'd rather they just pick Iginla, if Lindstrom is already gone.

I think that's a bit much for Laine at this point. I'd take a gamble, but not at that price.

Reactions: themilosh

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Zegras is the most interesting player to acquire in a trade. The guy is an offensive machine. Two seasons already with 60 points +. Would play on Habs top-six right out of the bat.

I would wish the Habs would be willing to deal their 1st pick + Anderson + Barron for Zegras + Anaheim’s best second rounder + future considerations or a kid like Nathan Gaucher.

What do people think about this?

Newhook, Jets 1st, and Barron
for
Zegras

I can see Laine IF CBJ keep some salary

Even better. I do like the idea of adding all 3... Zegras, Laine, Monahan. We have the assets to pull this off.

Reactions: themilosh

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
I know most people would probably lose their mind over it, but I'd be calling LA this offseason to see where PLD's value sits.

I wouldn't trade for him at full cap hit, but if there's a deal where either LA or a 3rd party retains cap then I think he'd be an intriguing "buy low" option.

We could hypothetically come out of this summer with Slaf, Dach, PLD and Lindstrom all in our top 6.
If LA gets a new GM, I would try to acquire Danault if they are rebuilding, perfect fit for what we need at this time, veteran 3 rd line center who can move up if needed, leader for a PK that needs to improve, local content for those that crave that. Offer Dvo who is an expiring contract and a later draft pick, LA needs to clear cap and Danault will not be part of their future with Kopitar and Dubois. If you can get them to take Anderson instead, would be even better.

• Haha
Reactions: jellybeans

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
watch if the figs trade mitch, he will be a better player. just a hunch

with a NTC, the figs are stuck. then he comes up for a contract and the figs are screwed
He’s always going to be the little whiny perimeter player that fears physical contact. The Figs will be all be too happy to use his money elsewhere.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I know most people would probably lose their mind over it, but I'd be calling LA this offseason to see where PLD's value sits.

I wouldn't trade for him at full cap hit, but if there's a deal where either LA or a 3rd party retains cap then I think he'd be an intriguing "buy low" option.

We could hypothetically come out of this summer with Slaf, Dach, PLD and Lindstrom all in our top 6.
Would you trade Anderson for PLD?

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Necas
Zegras
Laine
Lundell
Rasmussen
Johnson
Kakko

Give me one of these guys please. Any young F who could be available I'm missing from this list?
Quinn or Peterka if Buffalo is smart enough to improve their D. They still need a solid top 4D despite Byram.

Reactions: Canadienna

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Necas
Zegras
Laine
Lundell
Rasmussen
Johnson
Kakko

Give me one of these guys please. Any young F who could be available I'm missing from this list?
Quinn or Peterka if Buffalo is smart enough to improve their D. They still need a solid top 4D despite Byram.

Quinn and Johnson are the 2 only I would have a big interest in in that list if they are available

• Wow
Reactions: Canadienna

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Marner got openly called out both by his teammates and by pundits. At this point, he may not really mind waiving his NTC. Why be where you’re no longer wanted?

Agreed and I would add in that I think he would his NTC to go to a team willing to give him a long term contract with a high AAV, similar to Nylander’s deal.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad