Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I just want to take time to give a shout out to this horrid cap friendly trade.

603134F3-7712-40EF-ADB6-179516246923.jpeg

Reactions: Legegendsofthenorth

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Cirelli's agent talking to other teams right now is tampering. After the end of the league year, then it's probably cool, but I'm not sure.
Yes it is, and I guarantee that it's happening. Guerin has spoken to Cirelli's agent a bunch this summer because he's alsp Khovanov's agent. I would hope that Guerin is smart enough to try to make some "small talk" about Tampa and their cap situation. It's not like I think Guerin is faxing contracts to Cirelli for him to look over.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yes it is, and I guarantee that it's happening. Guerin has spoken to Cirelli's agent a bunch this summer because he's alsp Khovanov's agent. I would hope that Guerin is smart enough to try to make some "small talk" about Tampa and their cap situation. It's not like I think Guerin is faxing contracts to Cirelli for him to look over.

I'm suddenly worried about who Fiala shares an agent with. Brodin too.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

That's what tampering is.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hence the part where I said "yes it is"

Sorry, I meant the part where you think Guerin should try to make small talk about a player that isn't his.

I hope Guerin isn't that stupid.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I like to imagine Guerin talking to the agent like

“how many buckets of Sweet Martha cookies would Cirelli want at the Minnesota state fair?”

1.5 million buckets of Sweet Martha's cookies, distributed throughout the 2021-2025 state fairs. Take it or leave it.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
My main question would be, if we’re fine offer sheeting Cirelli, why not just offer #9 and be done with it? There’s a chance that gets it done. Would likely have more control over the contract and it’s structure. Sure, it won’t be 3m per or anything but could likely do something more palpable that what you may need for an offer sheet. Giving up an unprotected pick given where this team is currently at makes me nervous.

For what it’s worth, not a huge fan of Monahan. Definitely not in favor of giving up the #9 or Brodin/Dumba. Given Calgary’s need line up with ours, I’m not sure what a trade could look like beyond that.

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
My main question would be, if we’re fine offer sheeting Cirelli, why not just offer #9 and be done with it? There’s a chance that gets it done. Would likely have more control over the contract and it’s structure. Sure, it won’t be 3m per or anything but could likely do something more palpable that what you may need for an offer sheet. Giving up an unprotected pick given where this team is currently at makes me nervous.

For what it’s worth, not a huge fan of Monahan. Definitely not in favor of giving up the #9 or Brodin/Dumba. Given Calgary’s need line up with ours, I’m not sure what a trade could look like beyond that.

Doesn't the pick become a 2021 first round on the offer sheet. Wouldn't give up this years if we didn't have to

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Doesn't the pick become a 2021 first round on the offer sheet. Wouldn't give up this years if we didn't have to

Yes, it would be a 2021 pick for an offer sheet. However, the #9 is a know commodity. They should be able to pick up a sound prospect at least on the level of Boldy I would imagine.

The 2021 pick(s) would come with no protections. I do not feel super comfortable about this team standing next year in this division as it stands even with that additions of Kaprizov and in this scenario Cirelli. The season will also likely be abbreviated and quirky again. There is a good chance the Wild will have another lottery pick in my view and it would be painful to lose such a pick for Cirelli.

I just view it as I would rather trade the known for unknown for him and have slightly more control over how the contract would be set up to align with the structure of the team instead of the main focus in structuring in such a way where it wouldn’t be matched. For what it’s worth, I think Cirelli should be the #1 Target this offseason.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
My main question would be, if we’re fine offer sheeting Cirelli, why not just offer #9 and be done with it?

Cause thats less they could potentially get even through offersheet. Takes them accepting just the 9th and it makes no sense they should just accept that and be ok with it

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Dallas board talks about a Zuccarello for Radulov trade. Does this make sense for the Wild?
Radulov is a winger, and two years older than Zucc.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dallas board talks about a Zuccarello for Radulov trade. Does this make sense for the Wild?
Radulov is a winger, and two years older than Zucc.

Makes 100% sense because he's just as good only signed for 2 more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad