Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
41--zHVSC%2BL.jpg

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think I’d say yes. Then probably try to get a pick back in the 16-22 range with a Zucker trade.

I think Turcotte might be the only one to make me hesitate. Perhaps Podkolzin.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If Toronto offered Nylander for #12 overall, yes or no?
I’m not sure. Statistically we’re unlikely to get a nylander level player at 12, but if a kaliyev or Zegras is there, I’d have to really think about how confident I am in Nylander. If I felt he could play center efficiently, it would be a no brainer.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Definitely a yes, but I highly doubt Toronto would do it.

With that said, if Kaliyev or Caufield are there, I'd think twice. Cole Caufield is probably my favourite choice in terms of potential high-end scorers available at #12. His upside is tremendous.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
That's the hope among the rest of the league, a Chiarelli successor.

He's had:
- 1 good trade: Coyle/Donato
- 1 weak trade: Granny/Fiala. It should have gotten at least a 3rd rounder with conditions to be higher based on Playoffs
-1 awful trade: Nino/Rask. Nino remembered how to hockey in Car, and Rask stepped on a puck in a game and got hurt in MN.

I see EDM going after Zucker, not Spurgeon from MN. If Sekera is healthy (and returns to form), EDM has a decent RD with him and Larsson.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Hello my friends. Spurgeon trade talks ramping up among Oiler fans, what would be a competitive market ask from us?
I checked HFOil and saw a proposal of #8+Russell+Pulj for #12+Spurgeon. To try and salvage this deal... Minnesota removes #12 and it’s basically even value then. Russell really dampens the value of the other two pieces but it’s also understood that Edmonton needs to send cap.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
He's had:
- 1 good trade: Coyle/Donato
- 1 weak trade: Granny/Fiala. It should have gotten at least a 3rd rounder with conditions to be higher based on Playoffs
-1 awful trade: Nino/Rask. Nino remembered how to hockey in Car, and Rask stepped on a puck in a game and got hurt in MN.

I see EDM going after Zucker, not Spurgeon from MN. If Sekera is healthy (and returns to form), EDM has a decent RD with him and Larsson.
Sekera is a RD in the same sense that Brodin is a RD. He can, but he isn’t.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
If we could sign Hunt for 2yrs 825000k a year would you do it?

For 1 year, maybe. He's a (soon to be) 31yo who is a nice option to have from the pressbox as a utility player (RD/LD/wing). Offer him a 1-way, league min contract and he might take it. He's at that age and ability where all he might end up getting offered is a PTO camp invite or a 2-way $300k guaranteed salary deal.

Barring any trades/injuries the Wild will have Brodin, Dumba, Pateryn, Spurgeon, and Suter locked into spots; and Seeler is still under contract. There are a couple of guys in Iowa that could push for a NHL roster spot (depending on how their off-season and training camp go).

If I had to choose between giving that contract to Hunt or Bitetto, I'd easily give it to Hunt.

Reactions: nstarjim
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad