Trade draft picks?

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
Not true......
Expendable does not equal bad.

Value of a layer selected in the 2nd usually has more value than the pick if you were successful.

Just looking at the last two drafts....Mczcabe, Compher, Hurley, and Baptiste have more value than where they were picked.

If the bolded was true, no team would ever trade a 2nd round pick. I agree that Devine and this scouting staff have been very effective in the 2nd round, so I would only want to trade those picks away in the right deal. However, players drafted with 2nd round picks can just as easily regress or stagnate and lose value, so that statement is pretty misleading.

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
Draft picks are assets and you have to use your assets to improve the team. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sabres traded draft picks for certain players. I also wouldn't be surprised if the team traded some of their prospects for certain players.

In the next two years, the Sabres will have:

3 1st round picks
6 2nd round picks
2 3rd round picks

All of which are likely to be top 75 picks.

That’s a lot of kids to take. You have to believe we will use some of these to move around the draft board, target specific players and prospects. A lot can be done to improve the team using some of these assets.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad