Speculation: Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I think it's time to start our official trade deadline thread.

Trading Simmonds is our biggest chip that's reported to be on the block. I think we all agree if anybody wants our trash for a playoff push they can have them.

I'm only open to "buying" if it's to improve the team by adding a younger roster player who will fit in with our core.

Potential needs:

Top 4 D
B/U goalie (more for offseason)
Scoring winger

Oh, and Fletch better be talking to Chiarelli daily..

Last edited:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Ripping off bad GMs would be my go to.

Simmer look like a 1st + B prospect, but could be an A prospect with a few teams in on it.

I still want Kapanen. I think their first could be the best out of Boston and Nashville.

No reason to get a vet goalie this year. Just sign one. Try and trade both nuevy and Elliot.

Don’t trade for stone unless it’s a good deal. Sign him in the offseason.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Ripping off bad GMs would be my go to.

Simmer look like a 1st + B prospect, but could be an A prospect with a few teams in on it.

I still want Kapanen. I think their first could be the best out of Boston and Nashville.

No reason to get a vet goalie this year. Just sign one. Try and trade both nuevy and Elliot.

Don’t trade for stone unless it’s a good deal. Sign him in the offseason.

I would love to get Kap. I hope TO gets twitchy about the playoffs and lack of toughness. Hagg/Simmonds for Kap sounds good to me :nod:

Reactions: baudib1

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
May not be a population opinion but MacDonald and Weise need to be packaged with goodies if necessary to get rid of them. That’s $7,350,000 in cap space. I’d rather have a useful UFA signed with that money than whatever draft picks it takes to get rid of them.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
May not be a population opinion but MacDonald and Weise need to be packaged with goodies if necessary to get rid of them. That’s $7,350,000 in cap space. I’d rather have a useful UFA signed with that money than whatever draft picks it takes to get rid of them.
I don’t know if we will need that money and it would cost something to get rid of them, but if we are using it sign a guy like EK or Panarin on top of each other or another UFA id be all for that. Imagine upgrading Weise to Panarin and Amac to EK...

Who would want no worth Neuvirth? You might get a 6th rounder for him at best..

That’s optimistic haha. I’d take anything.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016

What are we going to do with the money?? We already have bags of cap space

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I don’t know if we will need that money and it would cost something to get rid of them, but if we are using it sign a guy like EK or Panarin on top of each other or another UFA id be all for that. Imagine upgrading Weise to Panarin and Amac to EK...

That’s optimistic haha. I’d take anything.

Changing Weise to Panarin and AMac to EK...hard to even fathom. Like going from an senile old donkey with 2 broken legs to a Ferrari?

rajaampat

Jan 11, 2019
Generally think the 3rd center spot is still unresolved..solid FO guy who can forecheck, kill penalties and chip in 12-15 goals..And some size..

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
If they keep G at C, NP is still the 3C, which is fantastic. It depends on how they view G for next year. It's obvious he's still capable though.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
I wonder if the Flyers would take on a bad expiring contract from a contender that needs cap space at the TDL and get a valuable asset in return? You see it a lot in the NBA. I think that’s how the Flyers ended up with Filpulla?

Aside from that...
Big chips for Simmonds
Move as much dead weight as possible

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
It doesn’t necessarily need to be a wing; they just need a dynamic top 6 skill player. Ideally it would be a center, IMO, so you can move G back to wing.

They also need a top pair D & more speed & pestiness at depth forward.

I’m fine with waiting til the offseason at this point for backup goalie; not a priority since the season is lost, Hart has taken over #1, & it will probably be worth giving Stolie a longer look as #2.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I don't see the point in trading Gudas. He's still young, a good player, and has partnered well with seemingly everyone.

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Morin/Hagg - Myers
Hagg/Morin

Is the top 6 we should go in with next year. I can't see Ghost having another down season like he is this year. If you do trade Gudas, then it moves Hagg back into the lineup, or MacDonald.

Obviously this could all change with FA signings, but is anyone worthwile even available?

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
^ This, I think if the stars align and the kids can play, is there a better flex man than Gudas in 2020? If we acquire a solid vet to round out the group and he ends up being the 7th, that would be next level

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
You could get a good return for Gudas. He’s in his prime; is a good defenseman & PKer who plays a rare style; he’ll be 29 next season & in the last year of his deal — probably aren’t going to re-sign him into his 30s; the team isn’t making the playoffs this season, lessening his value to the Flyers; & Myers, Morin, & Friedman are knocking on the door.

Now would be the perfect time to trade Gudas to cash in on his peak value.

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
You could get a good return for Gudas. He’s in his prime; is a good defenseman & PKer who plays a rare style; he’ll be 29 next season & in the last year of his deal — probably aren’t going to re-sign him into his 30s; the team isn’t making the playoffs this season, lessening his value to the Flyers; & Myers, Morin, & Friedman are knocking on the door.

Now would be the perfect time to trade Gudas to cash in on his peak value.

Good points, but I prefer to live in my bubble where things like age and contracts do not apply lol

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We're sellers, not buyers at the trade deadline.

Teams that are buyers don't want to give assets that can help them win this year, that would be pointless.
So Simmonds is not going to bring back a player who is currently contributing on a major level, so any player returning would be a NHL ready prospect buried on a 4th line or in the AHL.

Simmonds is likely to garner a late 1st rd pick and a "B" prospect.
Gudas would have similar value to Simmonds, affordable and adds an edge to a defense
Raffl a 2nd rd pick
Weise a 6th/7th if they retain salary, same with MacDonald if they retain half
Folin a 5th or so if a team needs depth on defense
Voracek a 1st, 2nd, "B" prospect and a bad contract to balance out the money

Players like Laughton, Ghost, Hagg, etc. are unlikely to be traded at the TDL. If they are moved, it'll be in June in major deals. That's when you make player for player trades to reshape your roster, like obtaining a RHD or a backup goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad