Trade Deadline Transactions - EVERYTHING is happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardiner Expressway

Dec 1, 2011
With Weaver and Robidas going for mid picks, I bet the Leafs have their eyes on someone that will have more of an impact. I hope this is the case at least.

Robidas is right-handed, defensively responsible and a minute muncher and would have let us appropriately shelter Gardiner, Rielly and Franson as they develop. Perfect stopgap fit for what we are doing here. Add in that Gleason has played just 13 minutes/game in 2 of his last 3 games and the need is certainly clear.

Agreed that there must be, hopefully, something bigger at play - probably looking for a more longterm fit on defense. My bet is that it has Gardiner+ or Franson+ going the other way. Was hoping that type of deal could net us a Girardi (who is clearly no longer available). Hopefully it is Franson being moved.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Something's up then, salary dump?

I really don't think the Kulemin to Florida has much legs. It was started by Doug MacLean of all people. He has never really broken any trades either. It was not reported by anyone else other then MacLean from SN.

But hypothetically, I'm not sure it would be for much more then a pick and/or prospect. We would then turn around to get a player with the money off the books.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Do what Anaheim did make trades! Anaheim made space within an hour. It's called working the phones hard.

Sure, but who do you trade that has enough of a salary impact? If we wanna make space we're trading players for picks, and who is going to make sense to trade?

Franson will get us a 2nd if we're lucky.
I don't like the idea of trading Kulemin for pick(s)

Outside of those two options, I can't really think of anything

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 2m
Ducks saved $1.6M of (pro-rated) salary in three deals. Not an insignificant number for them.

Renaud Lavoie ‏@LavoieRenaud 1m
Ducks recalled G Frederik Andersen.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Robidas is right-handed, defensively responsible and a minute muncher and would have let us appropriately shelter Gardiner, Rielly and Franson as they develop. Perfect stopgap fit for what we are doing here. Add in that Gleason has played just 13 minutes/game in 2 of his last 3 games and the need is certainly clear.

Agreed that there must be, hopefully, something bigger at play - probably looking for a more longterm fit on defense. My bet is that it has Gardiner+ or Franson+ going the other way. Was hoping that type of deal could net us a Girardi (who is clearly no longer available). Hopefully it is Franson being moved.

Except Robidas is 38, on an expiring contract, and isn't expected to play for anohter couple weeks still

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
I just remembered an article about Kulemin loving Toronto... So did contract negotiations cause a trade? Don't see why Kulemin should be moved

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I just remembered an article about Kulemin loving Toronto... So did contract negotiations cause a trade? Don't see why Kulemin should be moved

This was just Daren Millard saying he might be traded, so it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Tom Gilbert could be an interesting name. FLA wanted to sign him, but remains unsigned.

Could be someone we see move.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Man, everybody's going for bargain prices. Might as well try to make a move now while the gettins' good.

Gardiner Expressway

Dec 1, 2011
Except Robidas is 38, on an expiring contract, and isn't expected to play for anohter couple weeks still

It's a 3rd if he plays and he is worth a 4th even if he plays less than 50% of the remaining games. Move some salary and at this price we get him and maybe resign for cheap at the end of the season. At minimum it is a better use of a 4th than Ryan O'Byrne.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Watch us pick up Ryan O'Byrne version #2 and Nonis can come out and say the prices were too high..

We traded a 4th round pick for Ryan O'Byrne last year, and now Robidas goes for a 4th this year...Nonis wake up buddy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad