Trade Deadline - 02.25.2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Would you trade guddy for ceci?

I'll say no because Benning would probably actually qualify him..

Both are RHD

Ceci is making 4.3M(300K more than Gudbranson), is arbitration eligible and his QO is 4.3M.

Both are regarded as bad defensemen..

Ceci is 25 and Gudbranson is 27..

In summary we'd basically be trading Gudbranson for younger Gudbranson and go through the same ****storm where people say he's still young and can turn it around. :laugh:

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Moving the goalposts again? Ok then...

No, you are. Demko is about to negotiate his first post-ELC contract, not his second. You are the one who brought up the situation as it related to Schneider's second post-ELC contract and claimed it was "similar."

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
No, you are. Demko is about to negotiate his first post-ELC contract, not his second. You are the one who brought up the situation as it related to Schneider's second post-ELC contract and claimed it was "similar."

You established, and I quote, Demko would be in the driver's seat if he was the clear number 1. Schneider was the clear number 1, he negotiated the contract and we know how that it ended. Care to deny this and keep moving the damn posts?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Easily, Ceci is RFA this summer. Don't qualify him and let him walk, there goes Gudbranson's contract an you didn't have to pay anything to get rid of it.
It's Jim Benning we're talking about, this moron has watched Gudbrandson play like complete garbage for 3 years now and hasn't for a second concluded he f***ing sucks.

It would take at least 3 years for him to do the same with Cody Ceci. So I'd expect a raise on his next contract, the supporters will justify Ceci as a player just like they did with Guddy in his early days here.

Not worth my time or patience.

Reactions: cookiefest

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
You established, and I quote, Demko would be in the driver's seat if he was the clear number 1. Schneider was the clear number 1, he negotiated the contract and we know how that it ended. Care to deny this and keep moving the damn posts?

With a .937 save % and a 1.96 GAA the previous season, Schneider probably would've gotten more than $4M per year if Luongo hadn't been there to give the Canucks some leverage. Anyway, we have different viewpoints on the matter and that's cool.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
That ain't lucky. That's shooting yourself in the left knee and being happy that you didn't get shot in the right knee.

I disagree. The contract we'd be sending out is a major win.. so again, we aren't allowed to be that lucky.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
It's Jim Benning we're talking about, this moron has watched Gudbrandson play like complete garbage for 3 years now and hasn't for a second concluded he ****ing sucks.

It would take at least 3 years for him to do the same with Cody Ceci. So I'd expect a raise on his next contract, the supporters will justify Ceci as a player just like they did with Guddy in his early days here.

Not worth my time or patience.

Yup.

It takes Jimbo years (if ever) to realize what is already painfully obvious to anybody with half a brain. I'd have a little more respect for the guy if he manned up to his mistakes and owned it. He never learns and never takes accountability which leads to the same mistakes over and over and over and over. He's basically running a ponzi scheme where he keeps trying to borrow money to keep it going. Eventually shit will hit the fan and we are going to be paying for it with a decade of sadness.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I disagree. The contract we'd be sending out is a major win.. so again, we aren't allowed to be that lucky.
In a vacuum, possibly. But Benning wants to make Hockey Trades (TM). Which means Ceci would almost certainly be re-signed. And he is not good. So we would be in the same situation, maybe worse if the contract is for longer and pricier.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
With a .937 save % and a 1.96 GAA the previous season, Schneider probably would've gotten more than $4M per year if Luongo hadn't been there to give the Canucks some leverage. Anyway, we have different viewpoints on the matter and that's cool.
Luongo was the backup and was widely reported he was on the trade block. Canucks had little leverage.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Easily, Ceci is RFA this summer. Don't qualify him and let him walk, there goes Gudbranson's contract an you didn't have to pay anything to get rid of it.

giphy.gif

Help us Pierre Dorion, you are our only hope.

Reactions: Zombotron

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Really random, and could be totally fake, but heard from a friend of a friend who is part of the org(like, works at the arena) he overheard Benning talking about Ferland to someone on the phone. Could nothing but thought that was interesting.

Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
It's Guddy for Ceci.

Both suck harsh nut sacks.

Both get taken care of by the league because both play ball with management.

Both have worn out their welcome in their respective cities.

Makes complete sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad