Proposal: Tracking teams looking to built.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I say best two way winger but Patch is up there. Same with AG. Playing Ladd with Eller would make this one of the top two way line IMO.

For Ladd, one of Tinordi/Beaulieu/JT/top prospect with a top pick gets Jets interest. Ideally it would be Beaulieu+Fucale and a 3rd.

Ladd wouldn't play on the third line with plugs (in relative terms to Ladd) if we traded for him. He is a 20-21 minute winger when it comes to ATOI. He's a very good player.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I still don't think we are real contenders so the price tag is a big concern I'm not willing give to many picks we have lot of so/so prospects but I don't think that going to cut it to land a significant upgrade. I think your're better tracking team that are in playoff race or team looking to make a move to make a run or reacting to other moves. Team at the bottom won't trade their young players away some might want to trade establish player to speed up the rebuilt to help tank for McDavid but in both case the price will be high (picks/Prospect) and there will be a bidding war for those player, team looking for that extra boost to make the playoff or in need of a patch for their leaky roof will have to over paid. That where we can we could make the best move and get good return on average asset and take the next step the following year.

Vanek was pretty cheap since there was attitude issue and was the ultimate rental since he was going to MIN. I don't think will see a other move like this year again.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
To fast track this club to cup contention, the next piece is that legitimate #1 centre. A good playmaker who can eat up tough minutes.

Until this happens, montreal is only a "pretty good" team.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Bumping this with reports that Yandle could be available.

He's someone that would be perfect for our team and would really help with taking the workload off Markov, imo.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013

He's someone that would be perfect for our team and would really help with taking the workload off Markov, imo.

I think he's definitely going to test the market this summer, not worth the risk IMO

habitue*

Yandle could be very expensive to get. The guy is also a #1 PP unit point man.

Habs really need a very good, physical second pairing d-man.

One intresting guy in Arizona would be Vermette, an excellent two-way centrer, great on face offs, and who's gonna be UFA at the end of this season. Could be had for not much.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Yandle could be very expensive to get. The guy is also a #1 PP unit point man.

Habs really need a very good, physical second pairing d-man.

One intresting guy in Arizona would be Vermette, an excellent two-way centrer, great on face offs, and who's gonna be UFA at the end of this season. Could be had for not much.

Agree but no doubt he's a Top pairing Dman. Vermette I like but not sure he's a good fit. Looks like Arizona are going to make both Hockey/Financial moves. Hope MB is sniffing around.

Arizona is a place where I potentially see DD moved to.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Semin would be the guy to get. Carolina would love to dump him for his salary alone. We could send some dead wood back to offset it.

It's a little risky because he's overpaid and he hasn't really produced all that well lately. But he's a winger and when he's on his game he's really good. I'd take the risk.

DD and Bork for Semin. The Canes probably do this just to dump the salary.

Max Galchenyuk Gallagher (1A)
Semin Pleks PAP (1B)
Bournival Eller Sekac 3
Moen Malholtra Prust 4

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Semin would be the guy to get. Carolina would love to dump him for his salary alone. We could send some dead wood back to offset it.

It's a little risky because he's overpaid and he hasn't really produced all that well lately. But he's a winger and when he's on his game he's really good. I'd take the risk.

DD and Bork for Semin. The Canes probably do this just to dump the salary.

Max Galchenyuk Gallagher (1A)
Semin Pleks PAP (1B)
Bournival Eller Sekac 3
Moen Malholtra Prust 4

Yes, that's what we need, another guy who plays 1 out of every 10-15 games

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Yes, that's what we need, another guy who plays 1 out of every 10-15 games

Semin definitely struggles with consistency but he's got more talent then 90% of all of our current lineup. Risky none the less but it as potential. I don't think that the combination is good for a trade but one of DD + or Bourque + could interest the Canes.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
In Arizona, maybe it could be a financial move. I was trowing names that I like with team I see struggling on and off ice.

The Jets are another team that could fit that mold. Detroit could be another one and so is Boston.

Boston for example, are struggling on the ice, had to make financial driven trades and could be looking to get younger.
Boston is a team that has already traded one of its best young players for an older, less talented player.:laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Alex Semin? No thank you. I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. Plus, 3 more years at $7 million? No ****ing thank you.

Yandle is a guy I want because he takes a load off Markov and keeps him fresh. Yandle, Subban, Markov and Emelin in a top 4 I'm comfortable with. I'd suspect it'd cost one of Beaulieu or Tinordi, plus a 1st, and probably a bit more, though. It's possible, but only if MB is willing to deal the pieces.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Alex Semin? No thank you. I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. Plus, 3 more years at $7 million? No ****ing thank you.

Yandle is a guy I want because he takes a load off Markov and keeps him fresh. Yandle, Subban, Markov and Emelin in a top 4 I'm comfortable with. I'd suspect it'd cost one of Beaulieu or Tinordi, plus a 1st, and probably a bit more, though. It's possible, but only if MB is willing to deal the pieces.

Yandle has an image of being way too soft though, no?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yandle has an image of being way too soft though, no?

The though of acquiring a D instead of a top 6 forward leaves me gasping for air.
Then again the cluster F that is our top 9 won't resolve itself until a certain weaning takes place.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Like I said, it's a risk.

You want to get a good winger for next to nothing though... he's your guy. Yes, he's overpaid. But he'd be our 2nd best winger behind Max. You give up 5 mil in deadwood to get him as well, don't forget that.

It's actually not all that bad a deal man. He's infinitely better than DD and Bork are.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
To fast track this club to cup contention, the next piece is that legitimate #1 centre. A good playmaker who can eat up tough minutes.

Until this happens, montreal is only a "pretty good" team.

It's not as if we had a young player that could become just that except he's been playing on wing for the past three years. Oh wait...

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Where is DD?

Speaking of DD, what team outhere could use a DD. Decent but small productive player with a decent cap? Florida?

I know they are tight on salary cap, but I think DD could be a fit for the Hawks. They've been looking for a legitimate 2nd line center for years. I think DD would be able to put up good numbers with players like Kane and Hossa, since Richards looks like a disappointment to them so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad