TorontoTrades 1st Round Mock Draft

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
I made a comment about the mock. You have Buffalo reaching when they shouldn't.

It's just very distracting that you clearly rolled the dice until you got what you wanted.

Weird comment. All the other Sabre commentators like the pick. Juolevi is easily BPA there. He may surpass Chychrun by season's end, tbh. He's had a much better season so far.

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
:yo:
Those 3 guys you listed are good, but not likely to be top-6 quality. Tkachuk is better thank Juolevi but need wise yes Juolevi > Tkachuk. It's still a debate. We need wingers for Eichel too.

Long way from the draft. Love the potential of Fasching but Juolevi is the fastest rising prospect and adding another potential top 4 defenseman to the mix is important. Now if we pick higher than 4, no doubt we draft a skilled forward.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Decent mock. For Buffalo, I'd be torn between Tkachuk and Juolevi there. Either one would be a solid pick. Need wise Juolevi makes more sense.

i think that the Sabres, as much as they might still need d-men, would be crazy to pass on Tkachuk! to have a player of that caliber playing alongside Eichel in the future could be too tempting to pass on, especially if he is the BPA by draft time.

Sweet Chilly Heat

Dec 10, 2013
as a sabres fan Thachuk or juolevi would make me happy any where in the top 6 and sabres will fill a need, be it a big skilled winger or a LH dman who can move the puck.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
i think that the Sabres, as much as they might still need d-men, would be crazy to pass on Tkachuk! to have a player of that caliber playing alongside Eichel in the future could be too tempting to pass on, especially if he is the BPA by draft time.

We have ROR, Eichel, Rino right now. No doubt we need to build on that still, but the only elite defenseman we have is Risto. Most Sabres fans are using the Chicago model:

3 forwards (Kane/Toews/Hossa), 2 defensemen (Keith/Seabrook), 1 goalie (Crawford)

3 forwards (Eichel/ROR/Rino), 2 defensemen (Risto/???), 1 goalie (hopefully Lehner).

I think adding Tkachuk or Juolevi would be awesome either way, and each would help in it's own right. But you can't win a Cup without a solid D core.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I guess Bellows would be ok at 14.

I would have these available on your list over Bellows
Keller
Jost
Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad