Proposal: Toronto/Tampa Bay

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Nah, we'd be better off buying Callahan out and keeping our prospects (especially Koekkoek.) Bozak's buyout is worse than Callahan's for 2017 so that swap actually makes our cap situation worse. The OP was ridiculous but there's no point in throwing out an offer that is ridiculous in the opposite direction.

Bozak wouldnt need to be bought out with just a year and his contract, he actually has value as well and isnt an anchor until 2021.
call me crazy but I still wouldnt do that proposal because Callahans contract is that bad

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Callahan does absolutely nothing positive for us. If we're doing them the favor of clearing cap space i want something else back.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I'd obviously do the deal. I can't see Callahan waiving his NMC to go to Toronto for a couple of years at least however.

I think Callahan is going to rebound like Filppula did and make his contract fair.

holden57

Feb 3, 2011
As per usual, any trade is possible with the right additions and subtractions.

5.8 million is a non-starter. He is good defensively (or was before last year) and can play a 3C roll if he gets back to form. If that cap hit cant close to if not at 3 million, its a non starter. The Leafs dont have any long-term contracts that we need to move.

If this trade is to happen, I think the Leafs look to make it bigger by adding someone with real value who can help Tampa in the short term.

Tyler Bozak and Josh Leivo for Callahan @5 million ++

Id do it looking at the addition of Slater Koekkoek + Johnathan MacLeod +Dennis Yan.

Bozak is better than Callahan right now, is cheaper, and has a shorter contract.
Leivo is farther ahead of Yan, but isnt waiver elligible. Yan looks to be a mid 6 F.
Koekkoek and MacLeod are two interesting prospects, but neither are world beaters. One LHD and one RHD, with Koekkoek being farther ahead in development, and MaLeod looking like a possible #4 if he pans out.

Not sure why you think Callahan plays centre

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Lol Leafs have no need for Callahan. We and guys like him to the minors.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Yeah... no.

We have wingers coming out of every orifice. Gauthier isn't the best prospect out there but will likely be our fourth line center very soon, something we lack a little moving forward.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
The Leafs brass pulled off some witch-craft offloading Clarkson's, Kessel's and Phaneuf's contracts. I bought they'd undo some of that by taking on another awful one...

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
Not that Gauthier has much value these days ... but Callahan's contract is 2 years too long. Marner, Matthews and Nylander will all need to be resigned before it expires.

Marner will probably take a bridge, Nylander maybe but Matthews is gonna want his big deal. Need to have as little money tied up as possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad