Toronto Star reporter mocks Sens organization

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I can't believe The Star isn't bashing the Leafs like usual. It's amazing what a winning team can do to the media here.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
the leafs will never be as good as the senators, so they will always be a bit grumpy. just ignore it.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
He is right that it will incite more Leaf fans to make the trip, but I'm hoping they can't get their hands on any tickets for the same reason.

It sucks that for the longest time, there is 100x more hate in the stands, in the media and on the internets then there is on the ice.

It wouldn't be a Star article if it wasn't angry and bitter...

Penalty Kill Icing*

1. The article is horribly written. I'd be upset too if I were a Sens fan.
2. It doesn't change the fact that this article never pops up if those Sens fan who resell their ticket to Leafs fan for profit didn't do so.
3. No, us or the media here isn't obssessed with Sens. First Sens related article I found in quite some time.

EDIT:
4. Don't be surprised if there aren't that many Leafs fans on 23rd at your place, as Leafs have hosted a free viewing party at ACC.

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
It's ironic because Leafs "fans" at the ACC never seem very enthusiastic. It's a large corporate crowd, I guess. That building is not a very tough place to play.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
1. The article is horribly written. I'd be upset too if I were a Sens fan.
2. It doesn't change the fact that this article never pops up if those Sens fan who resell their ticket to Leafs fan for profit didn't do so.
3. No, us or the media here isn't obssessed with Sens. First Sens related article I found in quite some time.

EDIT:
4. Don't be surprised if there aren't that many Leafs fans on 23rd at your place, as Leafs have hosted a free viewing party at ACC.

I don't blame fans for selling their tickets. I don't do it myself but if you're a season ticket holder and you can sell a ticket to some guy for 5x its face value, more power to you. You're supporting the team financially thru the year.

I don't see why Ottawa fans get criticized for doing this any more than TO fans who sell their tickets to Hab fans.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Who would want to go to a game at the ACC? The most boring stadium in hockey and you have to pay $300 a ticket - can't blame Leaves fans for wanting to come to see a real team play in a real atmosphere.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Blowhard takes shots at Senators attempts to keep home ice against the Leafs

Enjoy...

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...ave_from_leafland_doomed_to_fail_feschuk.html

Meh, I care less than nothing about what shots anyone in the Toronto media takes against us. I'd be lying if I said that I liked having more Leafs fans than Sens fans in the stands, but the only thing that will improve that is time, as the kid Sens fans grow up, have their own families, and dilute the Leaf morons.

In the meantime, I will delight in security booting (and hopefully banning permanently) any idiot Leaf fan that acts like an @$$ , bullies people, etc.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I'm a season ticket holder and never received said email....

I don't he even said he never has seen this email...

Sounds like a weird thing to write about considering I don't think this plan he is writing about ever existed.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Oh please, Leaf fans should be free to come into our building.

Everyone should have the opportunity to watch a successful, winning hockey team. I wouldn't want to deprive even Leaf fans of the chance to revel in our success :sarcasm:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
It's ironic because Leafs "fans" at the ACC never seem very enthusiastic. It's a large corporate crowd, I guess. That building is not a very tough place to play.
You answered your own question. It's because real fans can't afford to go, hence why it is all corporate suits. I went to the last Leafs/Sabres game in Buffalo and it was full of real Leafs fans cause they can actually afford it, and the atmosphere was amazing. The same would happen in the ACC if fans could actually go.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I don't blame fans for selling their tickets. I don't do it myself but if you're a season ticket holder and you can sell a ticket to some guy for 5x its face value, more power to you. You're supporting the team financially thru the year.

I don't see why Ottawa fans get criticized for doing this any more than TO fans who sell their tickets to Hab fans.
Agree. I wouldn't do it now, but I don't blame people who do. When I was a student at Ottawa U I was very tempted to get a season ticket pass and sell my Toronto/Montreal tickets as a means to help me pay for the season pass. I'd see more games that way - which is what I wanted. But, I was even too poor to do that.

Its annoying to have so many Leafs fans in our building (presumably they do a thorough "detox" of the building after those games...) but good for them for being good fans. Whatchagunnado.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Agree. I wouldn't do it now, but I don't blame people who do. When I was a student at Ottawa U I was very tempted to get a season ticket pass and sell my Toronto/Montreal tickets as a means to help me pay for the season pass. I'd see more games that way - which is what I wanted. But, I was even too poor to do that.

Its annoying to have so many Leafs fans in our building (presumably they do a thorough "detox" of the building after those games...) but good for them for being good fans. Whatchagunnado.

not sell your toronto ticket....

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's an article critizing a marketing campaign to sell more season tickets ... who cares? They think it won't work, if it sells 10 more season tickets maybe it does work. I don't see how it relates to anyone selling there tickets to Leaf fans unless some of these new season ticket holders sell theirs. I wish fans wouldn't sell there tickets but if I need to sell my ticket on-line & someone buys it whether they are a Leaf fan or not, how do you know? I usually give my tickets to friends if I can't go & lucky for me none of them are Leaf fans, but almost as bad, some of them are Habs fans.

There are a good number of band-wagon-fans in Ottawa that don't like the atmosphere of the arena when Toronto fans are in building for all of the reasons that have been debated on here for yrs. The organization is trying to change that for the benefit of there own fans, nothing wrong with that, in fact, I support it. How successful it will be remains to be seen but good on them for trying.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
Feshuk is a terrible journalist. He use to cover the Raptors for SportsNet I believe, but he then got dumped because instead of focusing on providing objective reporting he wanted to spout out his uninformed opinions. He's basically equivalent to a shock radio host but with little to no credibility.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Subject of derision for having our arena taken over by rival fans.

Subject of derision for trying to change the situation.

The circle is complete.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I can't believe The Star isn't bashing the Leafs like usual. It's amazing what a winning team can do to the media here.

Why wouldn't they start praising their team, instead of worrying about other teams? inferior complex? "we're finally relevant! let's start trashing other teams like our team hasn't been utter garbage for the last 10 years"...are the writers for that newspaper as bad as brennan and garrioch? Because it looks like it. Here i was thinking we were getting the raw end of the stick with journalists.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
1. I've never heard of this guy.
2. Blasting Ottawa for trying to take back their stadium from unruly and petulant rival fans? Why doesn't he talk about how the ACC sounds and looks like an office building on game days.

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick
I'm all good with Toronto fans making a trip, they're not the problem.

It's those despicable Leaf fans that live in Ottawa...They are the lowest form of Leaf fan.:laugh:

The only thing that could embarrass me as a Sens fan is the product on the ice. I love the product, therefore not embarrassed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad