Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Garbage. No dedicated Leafs show? f*** off, Sportssh**.
Kyper & Bourne are on from 4-6pm as they were last year. The twitter link cut the pic.

It starts today (Oct 1st).

GYLJd97WoAgXcgR.jpg

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
NHL media compared to nfl is embarrassing.
Friedman is so far up is own rear and he doesn’t have any insider knowledge. Just tries to report things quickly after they have happened and takes guesses on his hunches. Seems like Mareks ego somehow counteracted Friedemans but now it’s left unchecked.
Dreger is the same
They got some of the absolute worst insiders for this league. Weekes imo is probably the best out there.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Kyper & Bourne are on from 4-6pm as they were last year. The twitter link cut the pic.

It starts today (Oct 1st).

View attachment 911311
My goodness has talk radio plummeted pretty much ever since COVID. Thank goodness my days driving into work and listening to sports talk radio ended then. Perfect timing.

Gone are the days when the Fan had an all-star lineup with Brady & Walker, Sid & Tim, Blair & Barker, and PrimeTimeSports.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Garbage. No dedicated Leafs show? f*** off, Sportssh**.

In a market as large as the Leafs, and the team one of the top 8 teams in the league, how can you not have a dedicated show for them? Myopic stupidity.

Kyper & Bourne from 4-5 is dedicated to the Leafs. 5-6 when they appear on TV is dedicated to covering the rest of the NHL.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
They got some of the absolute worst insiders for this league. Weekes imo is probably the best out there.
There is something extra cringey about hockey insiders and the general hockey media. Most of them lack personality and quite frankly have 'weiner' energy. I don't find people like Friedman, Siegel, LeBrun, Dreger, Simmons etc relatable at all, these are not guys I could ever imagine myself wanting to talk to in person. Beyond being good at reporting things there is also an element of charisma that should be needed for a job like this, especially when you are on TV so much.

Last edited:

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Kyper & Bourne from 4-5 is dedicated to the Leafs. 5-6 when they appear on TV is dedicated to covering the rest of the NHL.
They appear on TV for both hours of the s how on SN360. 6pm is the national radio hour, on all the sportsnet radio stations in the country. PTS had a similar 6pm national hour slot.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
My goodness has talk radio plummeted pretty much ever since COVID. Thank goodness my days driving into work and listening to sports talk radio ended then. Perfect timing.

Gone are the days when the Fan had an all-star lineup with Brady & Walker, Sid & Tim, Blair & Barker, and PrimeTimeSports.
Well they dumped all their high priced talent after that hockey rights deal where they overpaid big time.

The shitshow started long before covid though, especially in the morning time slot after Brady & Walker was cancelled, the dumb experiment with Dean Blundell, then MacArthur and that girl that I forget her name because she only lasted like 6 months, then Bunkis & Ailish Forfar was also a failure in the morning...

Bunkis has actually done well since then on his own show which is 1-2 hours depending on the time of year.

I truly don't understand that fan pregame show (6-7pm)with Ailish and Justin Cuthbert, which many times gets cut off to only 30 minutes for ACTUAL pregame coverage for Jays or Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad