Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I've heard that Marek might have leaked draft choices minutes early to colleagues as a possible reason he was let go. Also that his contract was up and wanted more money than SN wanted to give him. Maybe both of these things factored in or neither.

Either way it's a weird departure for someone who had a successful weekday afternoon show. As long as Sportsnet keeps Ken and Evanka I'll be ok.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I've heard that Marek might have leaked draft choices minutes early to colleagues as a possible reason he was let go. Also that his contract was up and wanted more money than SN wanted to give him. Maybe both of these things factored in or neither.

Either way it's a weird departure for someone who had a successful weekday afternoon show. As long as Sportsnet keeps Ken and Evanka I'll be ok.

He can tell the future?

Reactions: Nineteen67

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
He can tell the future?
He was made aware of picks before the audience to set up interviews with the players. That's what I read anyway.

I'm starting to freak out now because I was high at the time and maybe somebody's sarcasm went completely over my head 😂

The initial statements did say for "draft related reasons" though so there could be something to his misconduct.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
He can tell the future?

He was made aware of picks before the audience to set up interviews with the players. That's what I read anyway.

I'm starting to freak out now because I was high at the time and maybe somebody's sarcasm went completely over my head 😂

The initial statements did say for "draft related reasons" though so there could be something to his misconduct.
Maybe he leaked it to friends. Wouldn’t it be more likely that colleagues “need to know”.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I don’t think he’s arrogant

Oh he most definitely is arrogant.

I heard a segment when he was late for a show in which they talked about him using some app to get around town, and in it he went on and on about how important his time is but how unimportant everyone else is. I don't have time to type out the entire thing, but it was basically "I am oh so very important and everyone else is meaningless and should count themselves lucky that I deign to honour them with my greatness and allow them to be in my presence - but only on my terms." It was arrogant in the extreme. I didn't much like him before that, and have despised him since.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Marek thinks he is the moral compass for everyone on planet earth. His arrogance is toxic. Marek is also a phony, he will try and make everything sound good at the cost of honesty or humility. Friedman is cut from the same cloth. These types of people will kiss ass to anyone with a higher net worth/more famous then themselves, but look down on everyone else. Complete fakes.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Strudy with a beauty today on OD. It’ll be on X soon, but Gord Miller was talking about Ken Danyko breaking his collar bone in Bantam and Strudwick asked if it was with a hit or a pass.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
I feel the same way about Friedman to be honest. :dunno:

Friedman is a jock sniffer and a rumor monger.

Marek thinks he is the moral compass for everyone on planet earth. His arrogance is toxic. Marek is also a phony, he will try and make everything sound good at the cost of honesty or humility. Friedman is cut from the same cloth. These types of people will kiss ass to anyone with a higher net worth/more famous then themselves, but look down on everyone else. Complete fakes.

Remember Friedman went to bat for Babcock during Phonegate—part of the Lugenpresse.

Reactions: wingman75

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Screenshot_2024-09-01-21-24-08~3.png

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So looks like Kyle Bukkakke is going to be the new co-host of the 32 thoughts podcast. Although I don't mind the podcast, it will continue to be a bit dry but that's okay.

......There's a joke to be made there, I bet, if Kyle's riding shotgun with Elliotte now.

Better him than Jeff O'Neill jumping ship, anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad