Proposal: Toronto-Seattle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
To
Leafs
Soucy
Driedger

To
Seattle
2022 1st
2022 2nd
2024 2nd
Dermott
Mrazek

Seattle gets a first and two seconds a cost controlled 5 d who is still young and plays both sides and Mrazek who admittedly hasn't been good this season.

Toronto shores up there d and gets a younger goalie who has been good every other year except for this year. Cap is close to equal.
Who says no ?

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
To
Leafs
Soucy
Driedger

To
Seattle
2022 1st
2022 2nd
2024 2nd
Dermott
Mrazek

Seattle gets a first and two seconds a cost controlled 5 d who is still young and plays both sides and Mrazek who admittedly hasn't been good this season.

Toronto shores up there d and gets a younger goalie who has been good every other year except for this year. Cap is close to equal.
Who says no ?
Dermott isn't a #5 tho

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
That's an atrocious trade.

Why are we giving so much for a guy with worse save % than the goalies on our team who really hasn't proven he can be a number 1 guy. Soucy is good but he is nowhere near worth that value.

I'd rather trade for Fleury + a depth piece.

Reactions: Marner4Life

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
That's an atrocious trade.

Why are we giving so much for a guy with worse save % than the goalies on our team who really hasn't proven he can be a number 1 guy. Soucy is good but he is nowhere near worth that value.
Driedgers numbers before this season have been fantastic. Behind our defense he would be great. Soucy adds size grit and shutdown ability to our blue line and can play both sides in case Muzzin doesn't return. Its a 1st and two seconds two fill our biggest holes for this year and next at the very least. I believe its more then fair.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Yea I know Leaf fans are fed up with their goaltending but I don't really see Driedger as the answer there. He's not any better than anything you already have imo

Soucy is a very nice player though

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Yea I know Leaf fans are fed up with their goaltending but I don't really see Driedger as the answer there

Soucy is a very nice player though
I think Driedger behind a better team could be a starter and at 27 with this year and two more I think its worth the risk considering his previous season numbers.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
The target should be MAF: A goalie with playoff experience but the question is will he come to Toronto.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
I think Driedger behind a better team could be a starter and at 27 with this year and two more I think its worth the risk considering his previous season numbers.

I get where you're coming from, but to me, Driedger is neither the most athletic guy nor the most technical, and a small sample size in a bit role (on a good team, no less) doesn't sell me on him at all.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I get the appeal of Carson Soucy, if you figure that Muzzin is out after this year; he & Sandin can be used interchangeably as 2nd pair defencemen. He'd also likely be an ideal partner for a Timothy Liljegren in the context of a 3rd pair guy.

I also get the appeal of Drieger; as I think he might be better than Mrazek, who obviously hasn't worked out here, and at worst, marginally cheaper.

But... to clear out our entire 2022 draft class (excl a 7th), to make these marginal / fit upgrades on the 3rd pair and backup goalie position, is nonsensical.

Don't get me wrong, if Seattle was willing to do Dermott & a 2nd for Soucy, I think that might be something worth considering if you figure that next year, the $2.75m to pay Soucy comes from not paying Holl/Muzzin, and go spend ~$4-5m on a right shot guy for the top 4.... although certainly a "rich" deal.

If Mrazek + a 2nd for Drieger is the other part of the deal, again, certainly worth considering.

I just don't see how or why the most valuable piece in the deal (the 1st) gets involved.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Leafs should definitely be able to get a better piece with that many picks changing hands.

Holl + 1st for Soucy + 4th. I don't think that's a goalie upgrade or enough of a cap dump to be worth moving assets for

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Is Driedger really much of a upgrade on Campbell? He'll be 28 soon and has had 30 odd decent games prior to this season.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I get that the Leafs need goaltending help but that's not the guy.

Although I'm not against adding Carson Soucy

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Leafs should definitely be able to get a better piece with that many picks changing hands.

Holl + 1st for Soucy + 4th. I don't think that's a goalie upgrade or enough of a cap dump to be worth moving assets for
Remove the 4th rounder and that’s a deal Seattle should consider. A cap dump and a 1st that probably conveys around 24th OA for Soucy.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I get that the Leafs need goaltending help but that's not the guy.

Although I'm not against adding Carson Soucy

upload_2022-2-27_19-51-8.png

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
To
Leafs
Soucy
Driedger

To
Seattle
2022 1st
2022 2nd
2024 2nd
Dermott
Mrazek

Who says no ?
I would like see a value break down of this.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
To
Leafs
Soucy
Driedger

To
Seattle
2022 1st
2022 2nd
2024 2nd
Dermott
Mrazek

Who says no ?
WAY too much

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
To
Leafs
Soucy
Driedger

To
Seattle
2022 1st
2022 2nd
2024 2nd
Dermott
Mrazek

Who says no ?
a lot to give up for a late blooming d-man and a goalie that couldnt take the reins as a starter, and having a sucky season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad