GDT: Toronto @ New Jersey - Thursday 7pm

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Quietly (nobody around the team has really mentioned this at all), it seems Rielly got stripped of his A in the leadership group shuffle. In the 3 games so far that all 4 of Matthews+Tavares+Marner+Rielly have played (2 home preseason games+yesterday on the road) it's been Tavares+Marner wearing the As every time.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Feels like Murray would have been a decent option then. And if not, I'm not sure why he's here
Murray hasn't played in 1.5 years, he needs to build himself back up by playing and staying healthy in the minors.

It's the same reason why there was a near 0 chance he was going to be claimed on waivers despite all the hand-wringing happening on here.

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
Quietly (nobody around the team has really mentioned this at all), it seems Rielly got stripped of his A in the leadership group shuffle. In the 3 games so far that all 4 of Matthews+Tavares+Marner+Rielly have played (2 home preseason games+yesterday on the road) it's been Tavares+Marner wearing the As every time.
I noticed too. Really curious about that.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Good to see Berube is calling this crap out immediately. It's been a core problem for years now that this team has an inability to get greasy goals or is willing to fight to get inside the paint enough. It was also why Dubas went out and acquired a guy like ROR, but it was too little too late given the way the team and coaching staff had played for years.

and when i call this shit out I am labelled as marner and/or tavares hater

like wtf.

too much cutezy bullshit with marner, tavares is slow and rielly absolutely SUCKS on the PP; he also has no point shot except his love affair with shin pads LOL

I’m getting more confidence in Bérubé

Question being can he fix it?

Trading marner is a start to fixing the crap thats been going on with the Leafs IMO

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Quite the situation for a goalie to make his first career start in. Hildeby making a future name for himself begins tonight. Let's go, Dennis! Play well in front of him, Leafs.

Reactions: PromisedLand

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Quite the situation for a goalie to make his first career start in. Hildeby making a future name for himself begins tonight. Let's go, Dennis! Play well in front of him, Leafs.

Devils playing for their "new coach with extra motivation"

hoping the buds also play for their "Goalie's debut in NHL with extra motivation"

Reactions: Buds17

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Murray hasn't played in 1.5 years, he needs to build himself back up by playing and staying healthy in the minors.

It's the same reason why there was a near 0 chance he was going to be claimed on waivers despite all the hand-wringing happening on here.
He's a 30 year old who is looking for an opportunity to showcase that he's fully rehabbed. It gives you the opportunity to protect your NHL goalie (priority) and top prospect in net

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Devils playing for their "new coach with extra motivation"

hoping the buds also play for their "Goalie's debut in NHL with extra motivation"
I'm sure they were unhappy to miss the playoffs last season. I'm sure the Leafs didn't like losing their streak and first game of the season. Hoping the Leafs deserve the win tonight while getting the result to match that much.

Reactions: PromisedLand

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Gotta keep Marner and Tavares happy.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
so timmins goes again does he.......half a bottle of vodka left here i come
I think I would have brought McMann in for Reavo and gone 7D sitting Patches.
Patches is 35 and doesn’t need to play back to backs if we want him to stay healthy.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Split the PP (1 min each):

PP1: Nylander Matthews Knies
Marner OEL

PP2: Pacioretty Tavares Robertson
Domi Rielly
I am all for the two PP units in theory but it is stupid for the leafs to do so being so top heavy.

I checked out the Oilers PP distribution last night and the big guys played every second of their PP time.
It is what you do if you have high end offensive talent.

Reactions: ACC1224

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
He's a 30 year old who is looking for an opportunity to showcase that he's fully rehabbed. It gives you the opportunity to protect your NHL goalie (priority) and top prospect in net
Hildeby having played significantly more than Murray in the AHL last season would be as much of a deciding factor as any for me. Time to see what that top prospect has to offer. Great for the team and Murray if he can work his way back to receiving an opportunity at a later date.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

Considering Mo already could have been captain but didn't want it, I am sure he did that to be a good leader. He knows it means way more to Marner. He wasn't stripped of anything

Reactions: Racer88

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
So our goaltending is one guy in Stolarz who has never played more than 28 games in a NHL season, 2 china dolls in Murray and Woll, and a rookie. Our GM is a genius.
Still better than any of the goaltenders Dubas ever had... Campbell, Samsonov, Kallgren, Mrazek, Hutchinson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad