GDT: Toronto @ New Jersey - Thursday 7pm

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
When we first looked at the opening week schedule, going 0-2 out of the gate wasn’t very far fetched.
NJ is in a unique position by playing in Europe and the Leafs had about as easy as you get last night, so it might be a an opportunity to steal a game.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Split the PP (1 min each):

PP1: Nylander Matthews Knies
Marner OEL

PP2: Pacioretty Tavares Robertson
Domi Rielly

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
My question is: why not have Murray up and have him start tonight? Or is he hurt again? I don't want imagine Stolarz getting hurt tonight. RIP season if he does lol. Why risk it?

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Domi Matthews Marner
Robertson Holmberg Nylander
Knies Tavares McMann
Lorentz Kampf Reaves

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Simplest way to get greasy goals on the PP is to utilize greasy guys

Mix the powerplay with big bodies and talent, use more of guys like Knies, McMann who are willing to stand in front of the net

Also OEL to PP1 for point-shot threat
The point shot without traffic isn’t much of a weapon. If they didn’t insist on playing the perimeter and avoiding the hard areas it could be effective.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
My question is: why not have Murray up and have him start tonight? Or is he hurt again? I don't want imagine Stolarz getting hurt tonight. RIP season if he does lol. Why risk it?
Probably because they’ll need him later in the season and he only a few weeks where he can go up and down before he has to through waivers again.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
So our goaltending is one guy in Stolarz who has never played more than 28 games in a NHL season, 2 china dolls in Murray and Woll, and a rookie. Our GM is a genius.
Earmarked this so that when we get our best goaltending in the past 5 years and greater. :wg:

Leafs are in Cap Hell with 4 players in the top 12 AAV and that leaves very little for the rest of the team, when those 4 forwards consume 53% of a teams full cap.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
If it's an issue for a goalie to play back-to-back in the first two games, then it should never be done.

Goalies used to play back to back all the time. Really not seeing the issue here
Especially when you lost a game and you want to get into the win column.

He played really well, go with a high confidence while it's hot

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
The team plays 3 in 4 nights with travel in between each game, I really don't get using Stolarz again.

He played 27 games last year, he's not someone used to a heavy workload and Woll is already hurt. Dumb.

Meh, first two games won’t kill him and no problem starting the season with some consecutive games to get him in the swing of things.

Looks like Hildeby is in anyways, no problem there either

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
2 points now is the same as 2 points in March/April but come on. I guess they don’t want the rookie to get shelled by NJ who will be pumped for their home opener and winning the game for Keefe.
Feels like Murray would have been a decent option then. And if not, I'm not sure why he's here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad