GDT: Toronto @ Montreal - Wednesday 7pm - SN

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Once again, Leafs nation jumping to wild conclusions. I mean... I had a cramp in my calf the other night... I have lower body tightness that would prevent me from performing at my best.

Who knows what the hell is wrong, but how about relaxing a bit, before throwing some of these fits.
Mate, since leaving college and going pro, Woll has played a total of 120 professional regular season games over the course of five seasons. The most he played in a season was 32 games, which was his rookie season with the Marlies five years ago. That's 24 games a year, and if you only look at the last 4 seasons only it's 22 games/yr.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
I’ve been a huge woll supporter but it’s wearing real f***ing thin. Guys become a joke. I don’t know how someone can be hurt more than being healthy. f***ing disgrace

Reactions: supermann_98

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Hey, its a great thing the Leafs decided to give Woll a 3 year 3m+ contract before the season even started!

Thought it was a dumb idea when it happened. Still so many unknowns with him. Now we might have to be dealing with an often injury prone goalie and work around it the next 4 years 👍

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
If Woll doesn't feel ready for tonight, don't push him, especially if the Habs are looking to goon it up tonight. Excited to see Stolarz for sure.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Once again, Leafs nation jumping to wild conclusions. I mean... I had a cramp in my calf the other night... I have lower body tightness that would prevent me from performing at my best.

Who knows what the hell is wrong, but how about relaxing a bit, before throwing some of these fits.

If it was a goalie with a more proven track record, then sure. But this has been a recurring theme with this guy. Not a good sign he is experiencing some tightness before even playing any real games, or being under real stress.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Woll's day:
Wake up and drop your phone on your face (broken nose)
Get into car to go to hospital, slam door on shoulder (separated shoulder)
Finally get to hospital (spontaneously combust)

• Haha

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Nope, must throw irrational fit first.
I'm not sure it's irrational nor a fit.

This team is supposed to be a team that competes to go far in the playoffs, and they've got two goalies who've never actually been #1's, and the guy most of the hope is pinned on has recurring injury issues.

We'll see how long this lasts, but it's not the best start.

Reactions: Obo and 1specter

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
Don’t the Leafs have the highest payroll for sports science/ medical staff ? What kind of joke is this?

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
IF it really is precautionary and he plays game 2 (or at least #3), I like us being overly cautious given his track record.

We have a 1A &1B situation this year so if either goalie feels even slightly off, play the other guy. Would we all not be absolutely livid if an injury prone Woll played and then got a longterm injury (I.e. groin/hamstring) when he was dealing with some tightness that day and we could have played Stolarz instead?

If it turns into a multi-week thing, I'll be very disappointed but hope he gets it together at some point. He's a stud outside of injury concerns so idk why people are automatically wanting to declare Stolarz the starter. It is very nice to have a quality #2 option (and probably above average #3 & 4 options) this time though.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Woll wakes up feel a bit tight. Team staff decide it is best to just let Stolly have the start and not risk an actual injury. Fans act like Woll is so injured he can't go when in reality this is about the bigger picture (and also our staff did this with every player who had any soreness... Matthews, McCabe, Tavares, etc all missed games in pre-season).

Yes I get some frustration of perceived health issues, but also this is the media getting the fans riled up more than anything. This is honestly not a big deal

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Woll wakes up feel a bit tight. Team staff decide it is best to just let Stolly have the start and not risk an actual injury. Fans act like Woll is so injured he can't go when in reality this is about the bigger picture (and also our staff did this with every player who had any soreness... Matthews, McCabe, Tavares, etc all missed games in pre-season).

Yes I get some frustration of perceived health issues, but also this is the media getting the fans riled up more than anything. This is honestly not a big deal
It may not be a ‘big deal’ but you know as little as everyone else.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
The chances of Reaves throwing a borderline hit that draws a revenge hit are higher than the chances of him making a riled up plug play scared.

To be fair that doesn’t mean they were the 2nd best, just one of the most consistently top 10. Contenders that had better PPs in 2016 have aged out and might be rebuilding now, the only apples to apples comparison over a long stretch would be cores around the same age and contention window as ours.
Your first paragrah is spot on. I’m a Habs fan and a Xhekaj fan. He has never instigated crap, but he does retaliate hard.
I can play it out for you a few hours in advance : Reaves will hunt down a small player with a late hit like usual and then Xhekaj will go after Reaves and/or someone in your core 4.
Not the other way around.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

Especially considering we are playing the Habs. I mean we should be able to beat that team with our ECHL goalie

I'm not going to look too much into this.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010

You totally glossed over the fact it’s been heavily rumored Woll has been hurt all training camp. Yes, it is a big deal when Woll can’t even make it to game 1 without getting hurt based on his injury history.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
It may not be a ‘big deal’ but you know as little as everyone else.
Honestly, all you can go on is what has been told which is:
- he experienced lower body tightness
- it's precautionary

Based solely on that information being true (which is all we can go on right now), I think its more realistic to lean towards it not being a big deal.

People are just worried because of his past injuries and therefore overeacting based on the info we've been given. If we take what Berube said as true, it's not a major concern right now and all parties involved made the right choice. Glad Woll said something instead of hiding it and risking injury like some other goalies would have.

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
Time to start investing the time and opportunities on Hildeby moving forward.
Not a chance a team can rely on someone like him, didn’t he get injured before game 7 also?

Hildeby is our guy.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
You totally glossed over the fact it’s been heavily rumored Woll has been hurt all training camp. Yes, it is a big deal when Woll can’t even make it to game 1 without getting hurt based on his injury history.

It was heavily rumored Marner was being traded and all kinds of other nonsense that was never reality either.

Especially considering we are playing the Habs. I mean we should be able to beat that team with our ECHL goalie

I'm not going to look too much into this.

Exactly. This is about give him an extra day to make sure rather than play through something minor in order to appease fans who will find something to be worked up about regardless.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I'm not sure it's irrational nor a fit.

This team is supposed to be a team that competes to go far in the playoffs, and they've got two goalies who've never actually been #1's, and the guy most of the hope is pinned on has recurring injury issues.

We'll see how long this lasts, but it's not the best start.
Again, I think people are vastly overblowing his injury issues, but I guess we will see by the end of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad