Post-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs beat New York Islanders 3-1: PG 11 Postgame Talk

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
I've said this before, but I believe that Bernier is Price-lite, at least in terms of play style. He clearly has confidence issues, so he'll likely never be a top 10 NHL starter.

He's also 3-4 inches smaller and not as good with the puck

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
I've said this before, but I believe that Bernier is Price-lite, at least in terms of play style. He clearly has confidence issues, so he'll likely never be a top 10 NHL starter.

He's also 3-4 inches smaller and not as good with the puck

They mentioned it that its because of his lack of size is why random shots to the net wouldn't hit his body as much as someone who is 6 foot 3 so the odd goal goes in a lot more than the average goalie.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
out of curiosity, do you think the leafs could make a stadium/arena that seats 40k + and still sell out every game, you would think if any team could do it it would be toronto

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
They mentioned it that its because of his lack of size is why random shots to the net wouldn't hit his body as much as someone who is 6 foot 3 so the odd goal goes in a lot more than the average goalie.

Yeah, he's gotta be in the bottom 10 percentile in the league in height.

It's crazy too, because he almost never has to make desperation/nice saves because he's usually in a really good position. It makes him look like all of his saves are easy/he's not trying. Usually a smaller goalie would have to make a lot of desperation saves because he has to move more.

But yeah, he lets in too many random low/mid height shots, and too many tipped shots because there is more space

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
out of curiosity, do you think the leafs could make a stadium/arena that seats 40k + and still sell out every game, you would think if any team could do it it would be toronto

The Leafs will never build a 40K arena.

However, if/when they replace the Air Canada Centre, I would almost certainly bet the next arena will seat close to 25K-30K.

The Bell Centre is the largest with 21K.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
The Leafs will never build a 40K arena.

However, if/when they replace the Air Canada Centre, I would almost certainly bet the next arena will seat close to 25K-30K.

The Bell Centre is the largest with 21K.

just figured that would get a lot of the louder folks in the arena rather then the acc which sounds more like a church then a arena

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad