Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Boston -- game 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
church-lady.gif
If Satan is a Leaf fan, it would explain a lot... Isnt Leafblowers called Satans tools and the Devils hairdryer. Then he need to stop dry his hair during every fkn playoff game!

I always thought Satan was a Devils fan.. But on the other hand i thought Keefe was a NHL coach so who am i to trust my own assumptions.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I'm predicting 10 - 0, with both leafs goalies being pulled and yelled at a la gudas to woll, reaves being beaten up badly, marner crying in the box, matthews shitting himself and leaving after the first period, and marchand with 5 goals
All while Nylander tell everobody to stop fckn crying 😁

• Haha
Reactions: saffronleaf

Taylor Halls Teeth

Jul 11, 2018
Edmonton
Wouldn't you say that the writing was on the wall before trade deadline?

Treliving hardly made a splash, and moved minor assets for some depth D/depth F.

If you believe TOR could go deep, you do a lot more than that (even if it appears like Dubas emptied the cupboards already).
They did kind of half ass the TDL. Refusing to move a late 1st in a weak draft year for one of two RD that were clearly better than what they have is a head scratcher. Are you a contender in spite of sad sack goaltending? And if you arent why make any moves at all? I actually like the banging D adds more than I expected to but they needed a replacement for Brodie, not Timmins. I really wonder what Shanny was thinking in a year where his job is likely on the line.

Last edited:
Reactions: saffronleaf

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
They did kind of half ass the TDL. Refusing to move a late 1st in a weak draft year for one of two RD that were clearly better than what they have is a head scratcher. Are you a contender in spite of sad sack goaltending? And if you arent why make any moves at all? I actually like the banging D adds more than I expected to but they needed a replacement for Brodie, not Timmins. I really wonder what Shanny was thinking in a year where his job is likely on th line.

who knows. in the most important offseason for this core, with deadlines looming, he threw in someone new

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Might as well if Matthews is out.

Bertuzzi Domi Nylander
Robertson Jarnkrok Marner
Holmberg Tavares Knies
Dewer Kampf Reaves

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
They did kind of half ass the TDL. Refusing to move a late 1st in a weak draft year for one of two RD that were clearly better than what they have is a head scratcher. Are you a contender in spite of sad sack goaltending? And if you arent why make any moves at all? I actually like the banging D adds more than I expected to but they needed a replacement for Brodie, not Timmins. I really wonder what Shanny was thinking in a year where his job is likely on th line.
He is probably thinking about his decision to go with Dubas vs letting Lou run the team. I'm not saying it would have been massively successful, but likely better than 1 playoff series win.

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
Just because we are the Leafs, and this is the way its always done, my prediction is Matthews is out tomorrow and we win, Matthews is out game 6 and we win again forcing the inevitable seventh game, then Matthews comes back, scores a couple, we're up 3-1 going into the third, and Boston scores three goals, last one being with 4 seconds left, to win and break our hearts once more.
Why? Because we're the Leafs baby, and you're not.

alliuk12

Feb 1, 2011
Sir here lol. And I am in no way trying to pick apart your team. Just curious what the fan base thinks.
We think they have no guts or passion they just want the money and don’t care after they sign a big contract. Look at willy before he signs he was a man of wonders after he signed everyone was wondering where he was at because he went down hill fast and they were all like it

Reactions: KOZ37

alliuk12

Feb 1, 2011
Just because we are the Leafs, and this is the way its always done, my prediction is Matthews is out tomorrow and we win, Matthews is out game 6 and we win again forcing the inevitable seventh game, then Matthews comes back, scores a couple, we're up 3-1 going into the third, and Boston scores three goals, last one being with 4 seconds left, to win and break our hearts once more.
Why? Because we're the Leafs baby, and you're not.
Not a chance we win the nhl wants this over as soon as possible and then it’s the panthers and the bruins

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
After sleeping on it, I realize I need more sleep.

Anyways...

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Bert - Tavares - Nylander
Domi - Holmberg - Robertson
Dewar - Kampf - Jarnkrok

Rielly - Boosh
Benoit - McCabe
Ed - Liljegren

PP1
Matthews
Bert
Marner
Nylander
Liljegren

Woll starts

Stack the top six that worked earlier in the season
Keefe gets his shutdown line.
3rd line exists
Liljegren with his flaws can still move the puck so he's in
Recreate the powerplay that last worked
Woll leads us to series win

If anybody has other ideas, I'm all ears
Bert-Matthews-Domi
(McMann)Knies/Robertson-JT-Nylander
Jarnkrok-Holmberg-Marner
Knies/Robertson-Kampf-Dewar

Rielly-McCabe
Edmondson-Liljegren
Beniot-Brodie

Marner on the third because I think he defers too much when he plays with Matthews and JT. I thought his 3rd period in Game 4 was his best in a very long time. He was holding onto the puck more and using his feet to get open space instead of trying to force passes. This 3rd line can also match up agiants anybody. Holmberg and Jarnkrok can take draws on their strong sides.

The defense is the way it is because Lyubushkin doesn't PK. He doesn't bring enough to the lineup to keep him in. You can take Brodie out, I don't care, just who are you playing on the right side? Timmons? Gio?

Woll starts.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
The winner of game 5 wins the series. I start to believe again! (I don't know why though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad