Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Boston -- game 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Do u burn up at church? Are u some kind of demon? 😁
church-lady.gif

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Wouldn't you say that the writing was on the wall before trade deadline?

Treliving hardly made a splash, and moved minor assets for some depth D/depth F.

If you believe TOR could go deep, you do a lot more than that (even if it appears like Dubas emptied the cupboards already).

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Treliving hardly made a splash, and moved minor assets for some depth D/depth F.

If you believe TOR could go deep, you do a lot more than that (even if it appears like Dubas emptied the cupboards already).
Guess he wanted to see first hand if the story about the core 4 in the playoffs was really true.

Well it's f***ing truer than ever Tre, after we get ousted in game 5 please put this fanbase out of their misery and end the core 4 era.

Not only one of the most unlikeable cores as far as Leafs teams goes, but one of the most unlikeable cores ever.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
told my family im becoming a mennonite if we lose. no electricity, no internet, no hfboards.

mennonite women dont shave their legs but im willing to ignore that part. and the whole going to church part as well. (i burn up at church).
Lirl

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Why even make the trades though? He moved out 6 picks for not a single good player, if he wanted to see what the team was about he wouldn't have done anything, he brought in people he thought would help, he was just wrong.

The cupboards are fine, I don't know why no one understands that prospects are assets too.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
told my family im becoming a mennonite if we lose. no electricity, no internet, no hfboards.

mennonite women dont shave their legs but im willing to ignore that part. and the whole going to church part as well. (i burn up at church).
Funny my dad used to say if he attended church, it would burn down. Lol

Reactions: NinjaKick

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Why even make the trades though? He moved out 6 picks for not a single good player, if he wanted to see what the team was about he wouldn't have done anything, he brought in people he thought would help, he was just wrong.

The cupboards are fine, I don't know why no one understands that prospects are assets too.

no matter the results, newgmites will find a way to spin it into newgm's favor.

if the team fails miserably in the playoffs, which they are doing, then newgm was prudently cautious in doing little given that he was prescient about the team's fatal flaws

if the team succeeds in the playoffs, then the new additions of domi, bertuzzi, edmonton, lybushkin, benoit, etc., were genius additions that changed the character of the team and enabled them to thrive in the playoffs

Reactions: notbias

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

Plus if the season was doomed from day 1 and the cupboards are so bare like everyone’s saying, why not unload Bertuzzi, Domi, Jarnkrok etc and audition Robertson, McMann, and whatever other tweener Marlies might get a 3rd in the summer? Spending on C tier filler rentals is the worst of both worlds.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022

They are not fine. Dubas moved a whole bunch 1st round picks. Almost every year he was GM he moved a 1st round pick. How do you get prospects anyway? They appear out of thin air?

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
not gonna bother to watch.
Yes you will.
his stick was held in the d-zone on the jvr goal; but he was so effing soft he couldn't get the stick out or just drop it and attack jvr.

refs missed an obvious call but still.....
Maybe the ref's attention was elsewhere by then. They couldn't even find the play on the broadcast until intermission.

Edmundson has been okay, Lyubushkin just had his best game, Webber is a project, and the good news is we gave up no 2nds!

Reactions: PromisedLand

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013

An NHL coach who doesn't run a sub 900 sv% goalie could beat the Bruins with this team.

4th rounders are rarely assets at all

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018

him signing 1 yr deals to domi bert kling was a sign too

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
no matter the results, newgmites will find a way to spin it into newgm's favor.

if the team fails miserably in the playoffs, which they are doing, then newgm was prudently cautious in doing little given that he was prescient about the team's fatal flaws

if the team succeeds in the playoffs, then the new additions of domi, bertuzzi, edmonton, lybushkin, benoit, etc., were genius additions that changed the character of the team and enabled them to thrive in the playoffs
no. it's not one or the other. come on. you have to ice a competitive team, but no one was fooled that all. just not a cup challenging team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad