Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Boston -- game 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I hope the Bruins put us out of our misery and win 7-1. That will force big changes we need and break up the core 4.

Our captain is useless. Imagine any of the younger players looking at him in the playoffs as some example to help. Tavares can not wear the C next year. He isnt a 5 million dollar player, let alone 11 but that contract cant be moved.

Marner has to be moved, the tantrum on the bench is toxic for everyone. Marner wont waive his no trade easily, its going to get ugly but force him out.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
If we have to watch the same exact powerplay setup, with the same powerplay zone entries I might gouge my own eyes out

For the love of God adjust. It's been 2 months, they're not going to fix it on their own
Don't do it, just scream at your tv or anyone in range. You will regret not having eyes once the game/series is over!

waterworld019.jpg

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
I'm a logical and pragmatic person largely, cheering for the Leafs aside, but lets try to apply those principles in predicting the game Tuesday.

What is the most Leafy outcome, I ask you all?

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I hope the Bruins put us out of our misery and win 7-1. That will force big changes we need and break up the core 4.

Our captain is useless. Imagine any of the younger players looking at him in the playoffs as some example to help. Tavares can not wear the C next year. He isnt a 5 million dollar player, let alone 11 but that contract cant be moved.

Marner has to be moved, the tantrum on the bench is toxic for everyone. Marner wont waive his no trade easily, its going to get ugly but force him out.
I said months ago...bench him till his Dad comes and complains. LOL

Reactions: PromisedLand

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
How the f*** do we get Marner coming off a high ankle sprain, Nylander with his the hell knows what, and Matthews, after going god mode in game 2, coming down Montezuma’s Revenge, all coming together in a one week period against the god damn Bruins again?

Like, what f***ing voodoo god did we piss off and what or who do we have ritually sacrifice?

Last edited:

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
It's an every year occurrence
This year Boston looks very mid. Much more dangerous in past series imho

We were doomed with Keefe from the get go. A hill too big to climb. Dubas folk sure know how to mess up goaltending. LOL

To win game 5? Oh sure they can, it’ll be more painful that way
Woll is the only ting that can get them going imho.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
How the f*** do we get Marner coming off a high ankle sprain, Nylander with his the hell knows what, and Matthews, after going his mode in game 2, coming down Montezuma’s Revenge, all coming together in a one week period against the god damn Bruins again?

Like, what f***ing voodoo god did we piss off and what or who do we have ritually sacrifice?
Yeah I know we have a history of underperforming in the playoffs, but we've also had some terrible luck with injuries this year

Nylander played all 82 and suffered from migraines right before the playoffs begin
Matthews played 81 and after playing an amazing game 2, gets a severe illness

Crazy

Reactions: torontoblood

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
This year Boston looks very mid. Much more dangerous in past series imho

We were doomed with Keefe from the get go. A hill too big to climb. Dubas folk sure know how to mess up goaltending. LOL

Woll is the only ting that can get them going imho.
I'm a HUGE Benoit fan. The core players should play with his effort

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Leafs in 6 + 1

Lily sucks ass. Stop trying to talk up an medicore bottom pairer like he has any ability to positively impact this series for the leafs

Try 5 forwards but you dont play a garbage bust like Lilijgren there
I'm not against Lilly.. Rielly is not a PP guy.. It's identical to how Ryan Suter was always given PP1 time even though he was terrible. He demanded it.. I don't know if Rielly is that much of a man child that he would lose his mind.

If no Lilly, then 5 forwards.. Domi should be one of them .

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Yeah I know we have a history of underperforming in the playoffs, but we've also had some terrible luck with injuries this year

Nylander played all 82 and suffered from migraines right before the playoffs begin
Matthews played 81 and after playing an amazing game 2, gets a severe illness

Crazy
I will personally ritually sacrifice several small rodents or one small domestic animal as necessary, who’s with me?

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Might as well win the next three. Should be easy If I haven’t given up on this team in 40 years no sense starting now. GLG

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Edmonton was just outshot by 20 by LA.

LA outshot Edmonton 33-13 and Edmonton won 1-0.

None of the Leafs games have been that lopsided. We put all the blame on the forwards for not outscoring all of Samsonov’s weak goals. It’s deflating for a team to outshoot their opponent and watch the other teams goalie make save after save only for yours to let in a bad goal or the first shot they face after you score.

Start Woll next game. Even if he sucks, there’s no way you can bring back Samsonov next year. Get Woll some experience.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Edmonton was just outshot by 20 by LA.

LA outshot Edmonton 33-13 and Edmonton won 1-0.

None of the Leafs games have been that lopsided. We put all the blame on the forwards for not outscoring all of Samsonov’s weak goals. It’s deflating for a team to outshoot their opponent and watch the other teams goalie make save after save only for yours to let in a bad goal or the first shot they face after you score.

Start Woll next game. Even if he sucks, there’s no way you can bring back Samsonov next year. Get Woll some experience.
You know what’s even crazier?

Mcdavid has 10 points in 4 games
Hyman has 7 points and 6 goals
Draisaitl has 8 points
Bouchard has 6

It’s almost like you win more games when your stars score

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm a logical and pragmatic person largely, cheering for the Leafs aside, but lets try to apply those principles in predicting the game Tuesday.

What is the most Leafy outcome, I ask you all?
Woll steals game five and six gets hurt in game seven and they lose. Management blames the loss on injuries and run it back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad