Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Boston -- game 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
thank you sir or miss good to listen to some good look at a team that sucks from the coach out
Sir here lol. And I am in no way trying to pick apart your team. Just curious what the fan base thinks.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I see that there's still lots of speculation about what is wrong with Matthews. In last night's post game show, they showed a video of him down on the ice in game 3 and one of his own players came down on his leg and his foot twisted out from under him 90 degrees to his leg. He was obviously hurt when he got up and tried to resume skating. It's his left ankle. I had recorded the game and took a photo of a screenshot with his foot 90 degrees to his leg. If he's sick as well, I have no idea about that.

View attachment 861466
Presumably this happened after his breakaway goal?

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Hi Guys....Bruins fan here just wanting to talk hockey. If the Leafs do happen to lose this series where do you place the most blame? Keefe? Management? The players? Do you think heads roll if they do lose? I've never really been impressed with Keefe and feel you deserve better, but have they given him a complete team? I did like their pickups at the deadline and thought it might stabilize the defense, but maybe the real need is a #1 D and shift the others down A notch? Tweak the D and get a better goalie and have to think the Leafs can compete with anyone right? Just wondering your thoughts.

As a long suffering Red Sox fan and Bruins fan before both teams won I feel your frustrations....

This team needs another solid defenseman and a reliable goalie. Easily our biggest weaknesses

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I guessed Bruins in 6 so I’m expecting a win this game, although I think the heroics will come from a third or 4th liner, maybe Woll as well.

alliuk12

Feb 1, 2011
Maybe they could pretend like they care this time? Too much to ask?
this team doesn't care enough to win I'm just waiting for the fans to blow up at the end of the game and start throwing sweaters on the ice in Boston and really embarrass the Mangement in to put a winning team on the ice next year

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Hi Guys....Bruins fan here just wanting to talk hockey. If the Leafs do happen to lose this series where do you place the most blame? Keefe? Management? The players? Do you think heads roll if they do lose? I've never really been impressed with Keefe and feel you deserve better, but have they given him a complete team? I did like their pickups at the deadline and thought it might stabilize the defense, but maybe the real need is a #1 D and shift the others down A notch? Tweak the D and get a better goalie and have to think the Leafs can compete with anyone right? Just wondering your thoughts.

As a long suffering Red Sox fan and Bruins fan before both teams won I feel your frustrations....

The core are greedy and ineffective in the postseason, management is too stubborn or stupid to accept their rebuild is a failure but have recently rewarded 2 of them and the coach’s head is absent a brain and teeth.
The better question is whose head shouldn’t roll.

Reactions: KOZ37

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
The core are greedy and ineffective in the postseason, management is too stubborn or stupid to accept their rebuild is a failure but have recently rewarded 2 of them and the coach’s head is absent a brain and teeth.
The better question is whose head shouldn’t roll.
It's almost like they have to ignore it was a failure. To recognize that is to admit they failed and we know they cannot do that and keep jobs.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Hi Guys....Bruins fan here just wanting to talk hockey. If the Leafs do happen to lose this series where do you place the most blame? Keefe? Management? The players?
Yes
Do you think heads roll if they do lose?
Keefe is toast. The rest is TBD.

If I were running the team I'd toss them all in a vat of chemicals like the Joker in the 1989 Batman movie.

I've never really been impressed with Keefe

That's because he sucks tactically and personally

and feel you deserve better,

We do. Management and ownership deserve something even worse.

but have they given him a complete team?

A good coach elevates their team. Keefe alternates between having no effect and having a strongly negative effect.

I did like their pickups at the deadline and thought it might stabilize the defense, but maybe the real need is a #1 D and shift the others down A notch? Tweak the D and get a better goalie and have to think the Leafs can compete with anyone right? Just wondering your thoughts.

They don't have the cap space to do so. They have a bunch of pouty :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: with NMC's and the first steps should be to ride out JT and trade Marner if possible.

The Bruins are owned by a single man, but the Leafs have corporate ownership that wants pathetic-ass woke soft marketable-to-idiot-kids bullshit hockey. I hope they all get genital warts. Not you though, you're cool.

If you feel our pain then you know the best thing for us is to treat us like a BDSM sub in Game 5. Rub our limp-dicked noses in it because that's what these insults to this proud uniform deserve.

No I haven't even been drinking.

EDIT: and this site can shove its profanity filter up its collective ass. I can't believe I gave warnings for bypassing the filter when I was a mod here, what a delusional power tripping turd I was.

Cassell

Apr 28, 2024
It's almost like they have to ignore it was a failure. To recognize that is to admit they failed and we know they cannot do that and keep jobs.
The only one who really needs to acknowledge it was a failure is Pelley. He goes to the board, says the entire experiment was a disaster and convinces them that Shanahan, Keefe and the rest of the coaching staff at a bare minimum, need to be shown the door.

After that, its subjective depending on what your individual preferences and priorities are. But nothing else can, or should, happen until the above anchors are cut loose.

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Yes

Keefe is toast. The rest is TBD.

If I were running the team I'd toss them all in a vat of chemicals like the Joker in the 1989 Batman movie.

That's because he sucks tactically and personally

We do. Management and ownership deserve something even worse.

A good coach elevates their team. Keefe alternates between having no effect and having a strongly negative effect.

They don't have the cap space to do so. They have a bunch of pouty :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: with NMC's and the first steps should be to ride out JT and trade Marner if possible.

The Bruins are owned by a single man, but the Leafs have corporate ownership that wants pathetic-ass woke soft marketable-to-idiot-kids bullshit hockey. I hope they all get genital warts. Not you though, you're cool.

If you feel our pain then you know the best thing for us is to treat us like a BDSM sub in Game 5. Rub our limp-dicked noses in it because that's what these insults to this proud uniform deserve.

No I haven't even been drinking.

EDIT: and this site can shove its profanity filter up its collective ass. I can't believe I gave warnings for bypassing the filter when I was a mod here, what a delusional power tripping turd I was.
Is there somewhere to vote this post of the year? Lol

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
That’s quite likely what they’re thinking but nobody else should be fooled any longer.
Not the media, fans or the company execs.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
That’s quite likely what they’re thinking but nobody else should be fooled any longer.
Not the media, fans or the company execs.
If the Leafs take this to 7 games or win the series, I think it's entirely possible that no significant changes are made, even if the team ultimately loses in the second or third round.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Is there somewhere to vote this post of the year? Lol

I've just had it with this whole organization. From top to bottom. I have just f***ing HAD IT.

This was the first year I started watching regular season hockey reliably again in years, I had to give it up for a variety of reasons but always watched the playoffs (what a moron I was) and tried to pretend I didn't care anymore and wasn't paying attention to the team but it's a lie. I tried to pretend I wasn't emotionally invested but it's a lie. I lied to others and told them I didn't know some of the players on the team. I am a bad fan but I haven't been able to give this team up even though I'm not Canadian and have zero family connection to Toronto or even Ontario in general.

I am sick and tired of this. I'd rather be rebuilding than this and I am 100% aware of what that entails.

I live in Boston FWIW; this is a good place. My partner and I moved up from Miami, FL because we didn't want to raise a family there. Except in January, we don't regret that decision.

Last edited:

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
If the Leafs take this to 7 games or win the series, I think it's entirely possible that no significant changes are made, even if the team ultimately loses in the second or third round.
If we keep Keefe and re-sign Mitch Marner to the kind of money he wants, that might be the breaking point for me. Every person has their limits and that might just do it.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
After sleeping on it, I realize I need more sleep.

Anyways...

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Bert - Tavares - Nylander
Domi - Holmberg - Robertson
Dewar - Kampf - Jarnkrok

Rielly - Boosh
Benoit - McCabe
Ed - Liljegren

PP1
Matthews
Bert
Marner
Nylander
Liljegren

Woll starts

Stack the top six that worked earlier in the season
Keefe gets his shutdown line.
3rd line exists
Liljegren with his flaws can still move the puck so he's in
Recreate the powerplay that last worked
Woll leads us to series win

If anybody has other ideas, I'm all ears
The lines aren't the problem, it's the lack of any structure and game plan. Mixing up the lines is all Keefe can do because he isn't good enough to do anything else.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
If we keep Keefe and re-sign Mitch Marner to the kind of money he wants, that might be the breaking point for me. Every person has their limits and that might just do it.
Many say this, but the reality is that memories tend to be short, and very heavily influenced by recent events more than distant ones. It won't take more than a couple of good games for everyone to love this team again. That's the way fandom works.

Reactions: Buds17

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
I've just had it with this whole organization. From top to bottom. I have just f***ing HAD IT.

This was the first year I started watching regular season hockey reliably again, I had to give it up for a variety of reasons but always watched the playoffs (what a moron I was) and tried to pretend I didn't care anymore and wasn't paying attention to the team but it's a lie. I tried to pretend I wasn't emotionally invested but it's a lie. I lied to others and told them I didn't know some of the players on the team. I am a bad fan but I can't give this team up even though I'm not Canadian and have zero family connection to Toronto or even Ontario in general.

I am sick and tired of this. I'd rather be rebuilding than this and I am 100% aware of what that entails.

I live in Boston FWIW; this is a good place. My partner and I moved up from Miami, FL because we didn't want to raise a family there. Except in January, we don't regret that decision.
Its hard to quit your team no matter where they are. Jeremy Jacobs used to drive me insane. We had some killer Bruins teams that needed a boost to get over the top back in the 80s and 90s. It killed me to see Ray Bourque traded to win his Cup, but everyone was happy for him. He is my all time favorite player. I miss those days honestly. While I've always been a Bruins fan, I always admired players like Wendel Clark and Doug Gilmour back then. Always thought one of those teams would win a cup.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
With how poorly this team is run that is absolutely a possibility.
That’s the worst part. The morons could be content to smell this rotten carcass for another decade.

Reactions: Evilhomer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad