Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Boston -- game 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Leafs in 6 + 1

There is no harm in trying Lilly on the 1st PP. He had games there, and with the same unit failing again, we may as well try anything. It's probably your last game so why do the same thing. However all they have done is the same thing for years so why change now.
Lily sucks ass. Stop trying to talk up an medicore bottom pairer like he has any ability to positively impact this series for the leafs

Try 5 forwards but you dont play a garbage bust like Lilijgren there

Reactions: BigGulpsEh

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
There is no harm in trying Lilly on the 1st PP. He had games there, and with the same unit failing again, we may as well try anything. It's probably your last game so why do the same thing. However all they have done is the same thing for years so why change now.

The powerplay was at its best all year when he was on it. Only when Rielly was handed his usual role back did it completely fall apart

Reactions: BraveCanadian

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Guys just imagine if Boston blows this series after all the dunking on the Leafs the last 24 hours. Would be a lot of fun
Sure it would

Just like 2013 and 2018 would have been.

Leafs can take this to game 7

We win game 5, I guarantee a game 7. Leafs wont lose game 6 at home after winning game 5 in boston

I still dont think we win game 7 though. Just dont have mental fortitude, goalies capable of making a huge series stealing sequence of saves, and offensive guys to buy a cheap goal or two facing do or die winner take all

Boston likely completes the decade sweep and beats us in 7 for a 4th time time

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I would hope you’re wrong but what type of I’ll was does he have that is keeping him suck this long. This is what makes me suspect it’s actually an injury
Same here.

I feel they are hiding his true injury by saying it’s an illness. He was barely skating last night so I think it might be groin related.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Sure it would

Just like 2013 and 2018 would have been.

Leafs can take this to game 7

We win game 5, I guarantee a game 7. Leafs wont lose game 6 at home after winning game 5 in boston

I still dont think we win game 7 though. Just dont have mental fortitude, goalies capable of making a huge series stealing sequence of saves, and offensive guys to buy a cheap goal or two facing do or die winner take all

Boston likely completes the decade sweep and beats us in 7 for a 4th time time
I think Woll can win all three games for them.

Reactions: authentic

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I don’t think Matthews plays in Game 5.

Hope I’m wrong.
He will play. The team isn't going to lie about an injury by calling it something else. If he was injured to the point that he had to leave the game, I think they would have just called it a lower body injury and left it at that, like every team, including the Leafs, does for any player.

I think he can win 2 of 3. Will not have ability to win game 7

Hopefully your right
He should have been the starter from game 1, but for whatever reason Keefe tried to force Samsonov into the role.

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Hi Guys....Bruins fan here just wanting to talk hockey. If the Leafs do happen to lose this series where do you place the most blame? Keefe? Management? The players? Do you think heads roll if they do lose? I've never really been impressed with Keefe and feel you deserve better, but have they given him a complete team? I did like their pickups at the deadline and thought it might stabilize the defense, but maybe the real need is a #1 D and shift the others down A notch? Tweak the D and get a better goalie and have to think the Leafs can compete with anyone right? Just wondering your thoughts.

As a long suffering Red Sox fan and Bruins fan before both teams won I feel your frustrations....

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Hi Guys....Bruins fan here just wanting to talk hockey. If the Leafs do happen to lose this series where do you place the most blame? Keefe? Management? The players? Do you think heads roll if they do lose? I've never really been impressed with Keefe and feel you deserve better, but have they given him a complete team? I did like their pickups at the deadline and thought it might stabilize the defense, but maybe the real need is a #1 D and shift the others down A notch? Tweak the D and get a better goalie and have to think the Leafs can compete with anyone right? Just wondering your thoughts.

As a long suffering Red Sox fan and Bruins fan before both teams won I feel your frustrations....
I think, if the Leafs lose the series, there will be a clear out from Shanahan on down regardless of who is actually to blame.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario

Carlton the Bear takes the brunt of the blame and is punted into next week.

Dude is beyond soft.

alliuk12

Feb 1, 2011

thank you sir or miss good to listen to some good look at a team that sucks from the coach out

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
I see that there's still lots of speculation about what is wrong with Matthews. In last night's post game show, they showed a video of him down on the ice in game 3 and one of his own players came down on his leg and his foot twisted out from under him 90 degrees to his leg. He was obviously hurt when he got up and tried to resume skating. It's his left ankle. I had recorded the game and took a photo of a screenshot with his foot 90 degrees to his leg. If he's sick as well, I have no idea about that.

matty.jpg

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
I think, if the Leafs lose the series, there will be a clear out from Shanahan on down regardless of who is actually to blame.
There should be some good goalie options available in the off season. How is their cap situation for next year? Can they sign A top defenseman and goalie? Would they have to trade someone like Marner to get one or the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad