Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Boston -- game 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Rogers paid literally billions for the NHL rights. ONCE the Leafs get past the 1st round. Maybe only the Oilers is this year. There is blood in the boardroom.

We all paid Billions for those rights. They slide them into products and services to offset the huge loss.

Reactions: OddyOh

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
There are those among us who would suggest the Leafiest outcome to be a comeback to lose in Game 7, as per protocol.

I, however, predict the Leafiest outcome to be a 3-0 win for Boston, breaking our shutout-less streak just to add insult to injury.

Hopefully they choose the path less Leafed.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
There are those among us who would suggest the Leafiest outcome to be a comeback to lose in Game 7, as per protocol.

I, however, predict the Leafiest outcome to be a 3-0 win for Boston, breaking our shutout-less streak just to add insult to injury.

Hopefully they choose the path less Leafed.

For me, this team should come all the way back down 3-1 with a new goalie and do what Florida did to Boston last year. Or just lose in 5 and stop dragging this crap out.

Forcing a Game 6 just to lose at home feels like a disservice to the home crowd who has to endure another one.

Forcing a Game 7 just to blunder it away with all the history with Boston. No one wants to watch that garbage. There's no redemption there.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I know they must realize this game can potentially be this core's Maple Leafs legacy. Come out flat and fall short and we will always remember the "big" 4 experiment as an utter embarrassment and failure.

If that doesn't motivate them to come out balls to the wall and force this series to 7 games (let's not kid ourselves, the chances of this grim), well they'll just drive home that point one more time that they never had it in them.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
For me, this team should come all the way back down 3-1 with a new goalie and do what Florida did to Boston last year. Or just lose in 5 and stop dragging this crap out.

Forcing a Game 6 just to lose at home feels like a disservice to the home crowd who has to endure another one.

Forcing a Game 7 just to blunder it away with all the history with Boston. No one wants to watch that garbage. There's no redemption there.

If they force a game 6 at home, and lose that one, they don't deserve a send off by the fans when the game is over. Win your home playoff games, FFS!

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth

This. If they win Tuesday, they better f***in take it to 7 and give it their all.....leafs always do what they're not supposed to do, so who the hell knows

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
They'll win this and push it to 7. No way they aren't going to lose in some new and exciting way.
I don't know...this series feels like Florida last year. We can't muster anything offensively and their goalie is in our heads. On top of that, none of our top 3 players are playing at 100% right now.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
download.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: PromisedLand
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan