Toronto Argonauts Thread

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Hail Mary should have been the play there. A receiver like Lawler can outjump most defensive backs
I don’t disagree. But once the ball was thrown shorter kicking it when you don’t think you have a lane makes sense

another grey cup another classic. What a finish.

CFL is a great product.
It was a ton of fun. I was directly lined up with Mack for that one handed catch about 4 rows up

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
I think there has been a bit of a resurgence in the popularity of the CFL. With the Argos having a good season and a boost in attendance at BMO and generally an attendance increase in most cities across the league, i think the CFL is trending upwards. As it should. The product on the field and the talent of the athletes is very high IMO.

It would be cool to see a team land in the east coast... i thought i read something positive about that. But yeah, i think this was a great season for football in Canada. I'm looking forward to next season already.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think there has been a bit of a resurgence in the popularity of the CFL. With the Argos having a good season and a boost in attendance at BMO and generally an attendance increase in most cities across the league, i think the CFL is trending upwards. As it should. The product on the field and the talent of the athletes is very high IMO.

It would be cool to see a team land in the east coast... i thought i read something positive about that. But yeah, i think this was a great season for football in Canada. I'm looking forward to next season already.
They have been talking about a Team in Halifax forever but nothing ever comes of it.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

I think they've been getting much better at marketing it too, which is good to see.

An easy Coast team would be ideal, just need to get the right venue

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20231119_201003.jpg
20231119_213919.jpg
20231119_220213.jpg

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Mace is going to be a huge loss. Good luck to him in Saskatchewan. I wouldn't mind if Argos went after Claybrooks to replace him. Terrible head coach in BC, but did really well as the DC in Calgary.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
It says something about the depth in the system that despite losing a lot of key players to FA, we are still considered a Grey Cup contendor this season

Last edited:

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
All i know is if you put a space between arg and os and add a t. ARG OST, that it spells "angry cheese" in Swedish.

• Haha

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Losing AJ sucks big time but the more I look into it the more I realize that it was his choice to leave For sask. cant blame him either.

I like that they brought in a proven RB in Carey, plus adebeboye will have a great opportunity to step up. I think he will excel with more time. They also have mcmahon who was pretty good in limited touches last year.

I think the argos will be decent next year still.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $656.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $25.00