Proposal: Toronto - Anaheim

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Okay, my last post did not go so well as I severely underrated and undervalued Cam Fowler. I figured for a lot of the heat he's been getting on these boards that Anaheim fans were very much interested in moving Fowler, here's another crack at what would honestly be a fair trade for both teams that address each team's needs.

To Toronto:
D - Cam Fowler
D - Clayton Stoner
RW - Jakob Silfverberg
D - Brandon Montour

To Anaheim:
LW - James van Riemsdyk
D - Jake Gardiner
D - Roman Polak
San Jose's 2nd Round Pick in 2017

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Okay, my last post did not go so well as I severely underrated and undervalued Cam Fowler. I figured for a lot of the heat he's been getting on these boards that Anaheim fans were very much interested in moving Fowler, here's another crack at what would honestly be a fair trade for both teams that address each team's needs.

To Toronto:
D - Cam Fowler
D - Clayton Stoner
RW - Jakob Silfverberg
D - Brandon Montour

To Anaheim:
LW - James van Riemsdyk
D - Jake Gardiner
D - Roman Polak

We are not trading Fowler and Silfverberg and Montour away. Fowler for JVR we might of done before not now with how well Fowler has been. We need to improve our forward group so we shouldn't be trading any good forwards away so we are keeping Silfverberg.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

To Toronto:
D - Cam Fowler
D - Clayton Stoner
RW - Jakob Silfverberg
D - Brandon Montour

To Anaheim:
LW - James van Riemsdyk
D - Jake Gardiner
D - Roman Polak

No thanks. I will take Fowler, Silf, and Montour over JVR and Gardiner everyday of the week. The other pieces in this trade don't matter at all.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
the leafs probably protect rielly,gardiner, and carrick then wait till after the expansion draft to make a move for a dman (or just draft one)

the ducks are in danger of losing a very good forward/dman to vegas, we'll let them sort that out on their own

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
So you wanna do JVR + Gardiner for Fowler + Silfverberg as a deal and then also pay the Leafs to take Stoner. It should be two seperate deals IMO.

As a Leafs fan, I don't like the main deal much at all. Do not want Fowler on the Leafs. We have enough soft left handed puckmovers. What we need is some quality shutdown D, some grit and some right handed shots.

The Stoner part is somewhat interesting though. We could add Montour for just a 2nd if we agree to take Stoner. I'd be willing to do that even if we had to add a small piece, but not at the cost of losing JVR and Gards for Fowler and Silf.

Also I'm not sure that ANH needs Polak. They have Despres in the NHL when healthy instead of Stoner, and they also have great call up options in Shea Theodore (and Montour). I guess they could just re-trade Polak easily enough though if they wanted to..

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
So you wanna do JVR + Gardiner for Fowler + Silfverberg as a deal and then also pay the Leafs to take Stoner. It should be two seperate deals IMO.

As a Leafs fan, I don't like the main deal much at all. Do not want Fowler on the Leafs. We have enough soft left handed puckmovers. What we need is some quality shutdown D, some grit and some right handed shots.

The Stoner part is somewhat interesting though. We could add Montour for just a 2nd if we agree to take Stoner. I'd be willing to do that even if we had to add a small piece, but not at the cost of losing JVR and Gards for Fowler and Silf.

Also I'm not sure that ANH needs Polak. They have Despres in the NHL when healthy instead of Stoner, and they also have great call up options in Shea Theodore (and Montour). I guess they could just re-trade Polak easily enough though if they wanted to..

Fowler instantly becomes the Leafs best defenseman by far right now. And Toronto has the worst D in the NHL. So naturally they have ZERO interest in him. Here's a leaf fan being a leaf fan. Nothing new.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Fowler instantly becomes the Leafs best defenseman by far right now. And Toronto has the worst D in the NHL. So naturally they have ZERO interest in him. Here's a leaf fan being a leaf fan. Nothing new.
Fowler is not "better by far" over Rielly. That statement is a joke. Rielly and Fowler are about the same. Both 2/3s who can play as a 1 without imploding. Rielly is younger with potential to grow into a real 1.

Side note: Rielly is signed to a sweetheart deal until 2022 but Fowler is a UFA in 20 months expecting a big contract.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
You should probably refrain from making ANA trade proposals in the future.

It's just horrible for the Ducks. :laugh:

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
From the Ducks' POV, I wouldn't come particularly close to trading Fowler for Gardiner+2nd (yes, stat scouts can make their own misguided calls), nor would I be interested in Silfverberg, Montour and Stoner for JVR and Polak.

Overall value is closer, but not quite there, and the addressing of needs is rather marginal, as the Ducks just heavily downgrade one defender while slightly improving their #6/7, and get one top-6 guy up front, while also shipping one out. There's no clear direction in that.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
COUNTER

STONER + Montour
for
CORRADO + 2017 TOR 2nd + 2018 (TOR?) 4th

Prob close value wise but i don't hinkle were in a rush to move stoner, he's actually been pretty good for us so far this year and he's a good guy to put on a pairing with our young guys to protect them and help them feel comfortable.

The other part would be I think we'd still be looking for a top 9 forward if we package montour with stoner for a top 9 winger, would add if need be. We don't need dmen very much we have Lindholm Fowler manson Vatanen bieska Theodore montour larsson holzer, despres if he comes back and we draft dmen well. So I think you would need to change the corrado to a top 9 forward and we could add to make up the difference if needed

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
COUNTER

STONER + Montour
for
CORRADO + 2017 TOR 2nd + 2018 (TOR?) 4th

I think I would do this. Problem is,I don't know where Stoner fits. Maybe if Hunwick is out long term, but we still have:

Rielly/Zaitsev
Gardiner/Marincin
Polak/Carrick

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Fowler is better than rielly by far? false.

also toronto has given up the 4th most ga, so a stretch to say they have the worst D no? also Freddy has given up just 7GA in his last 4 games (3 wins) so there is that

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Prob close value wise but i don't hinkle were in a rush to move stoner, he's actually been pretty good for us so far this year and he's a good guy to put on a pairing with our young guys to protect them and help them feel comfortable.

The other part would be I think we'd still be looking for a top 9 forward if we package montour with stoner for a top 9 winger, would add if need be. We don't need dmen very much we have Lindholm Fowler manson Vatanen bieska Theodore montour larsson holzer, despres if he comes back and we draft dmen well. So I think you would need to change the corrado to a top 9 forward and we could add to make up the difference if needed

So you want a top 9 forward, early 2nd, early 4th, and also dump an overpaid #6-7 dman (who likely has a negative 2nd value) with term in return for Montour?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So you want a top 9 forward, early 2nd, early 4th, and also dump an overpaid #6-7 dman (who likely has a negative 2nd value) with term in return for Montour?

My bad I meant if we were doing montour + stoner I'd be targeting a top 9 wing, and would add to make it work for both sides. The draft picks would be off the table.

Top 9 winger
For
Montour stoner and whatever the difference is depending on the winger and contract and what not.

SFD22

Mar 9, 2003
Simcoe, Ontario
Visit site
Going back to the drawing board:

TO ANA: JVR + another contract

TO TOR: Theodore + Stoner

Ducks get their forward they want and Leafs add to the blueline. Theodore fits the age group of the Leafs core forwards and Stoner adds physical play to the blueline. Anaheim keeps their D core together.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
You want Fowler, Montour and Silfverberg in the same deal you better be willing to put Marner/Nylander on the table as one of the pieces coming back.

And lol to any Leaf fan that thinks Fowler wouldn't come in and be their best defenseman.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
You want Fowler, Montour and Silfverberg in the same deal you better be willing to put Marner/Nylander on the table as one of the pieces coming back.

And lol to any Leaf fan that thinks Fowler wouldn't come in and be their best defenseman.

I think people need to remember, when making statements like "lol...Fowler would easily be your best Dman', that there is a massive difference between Anaheim and Toronto when it comes to talent. There is no guarantee that Fowler steps in here and plays great....this is a team still learning a system, who's forwards are not playing well defensively.

Anaheim is a great defensive"team", and Fowler is a part of that...the Leafs have a long way to go in that department. Fowler would be a great add, but he may not be a saviour. If ever one of Marner/Nylander/1st are offered for defense, then Fowler wouldn't be the target.

And to all those comparing their guys to Rielly under the assumption that he's the Leafs best Dman, that honor belongs to Zaitsev so far this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad