Proposal: Toronto - Anaheim

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
No chance.

I mean the plus would have to be big, but then again I'm also higher on Theo than most and lower on Marner than most. But I can see why you wouldn't want to do it, Marner would easily be the best player of the deal and that team typically loses the trade. I'd love us to get a #2D to play alongside Rielly though and that would be Theodore

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I mean the plus would have to be big, but then again I'm also higher on Theo than most and lower on Marner than most. But I can see why you wouldn't want to do it, Marner would easily be the best player of the deal and that team typically loses the trade. I'd love us to get a #2D to play alongside Rielly though and that would be Theodore

I flat out wouldn't trade Marner unless it's a legit top 2D (right handed) coming back our way, I may have to wait a while as teams don't typically let them become available but short of that, just hang on to Marner.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I flat out wouldn't trade Marner unless it's a legit top 2D (right handed) coming back our way, I may have to wait a while as teams don't typically let them become available but short of that, just hang on to Marner.

Yeah I have a tough time finding a guy who fits the bill. The only guy I can think of who fits is Werenski.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Then you're overvaluing Marner.

Who else makes Leafs budge? Perry and Getzlaf don't make sense for either team so that's not worth discussing. No other forward. Wouldn't trade Marner for Vatanen as good as he is. Fowler either. So who other than Lindholm gets Marner out of Toronto?

mytduxfan*

Who else makes Leafs budge? Perry and Getzlaf don't make sense for either team so that's not worth discussing. No other forward. Wouldn't trade Marner for Vatanen as good as he is. Fowler either. So who other than Lindholm gets Marner out of Toronto?

The point is that swapping two unproven, highly-touted prospects in Theodore and Marner is a much more reasonable suggestion then moving an unproven, highly-touted prospect in Marner for a proven, contributiing, top pairing D-man and future #1D in Lindholm.

I totally understand if you want to keep Marner or don't like Theodore, but the idea that Marner is even close to be worth Lindholm is, quite frankly, ridiculous. And this is ignoring the fact that Lindholm is untouchable to ANA. COL even offered up Landeskog for Lindholm and that was apparently a very, very short conversation between Sakic and Murray.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Easy no. Neither of those pieces are even close to good enough to land someone like JVR.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

The point is that Marner doesn't put Lindholm on the table. You can put all these limits on what it would take for Marner, but Anaheim hangs up. You're overvaluing Marner if you think he's worth that.

I know fans love their good prospects, but you know what GM's like? Good players. Good NHL players, who have actually shown they can hack it at a high level in the NHL.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
The point is that swapping two unproven, highly-touted prospects in Theodore and Marner is a much more reasonable suggestion then moving an unproven, highly-touted prospect in Marner for a proven, contributiing, top pairing D-man and future #1D in Lindholm.

I totally understand if you want to keep Marner or don't like Theodore, but the idea that Marner is even close to be worth Lindholm is, quite frankly, ridiculous. And this is ignoring the fact that Lindholm is untouchable to ANA. COL even offered up Landeskog for Lindholm and that was apparently a very, very short conversation between Sakic and Murray.

He's not saying that the Ducks should part with Lindholm to get Marner.

He's saying that the only player which the Ducks have, that can get Marner put on the table is Lindholm.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The point is that Marner doesn't put Lindholm on the table. You can put all these limits on what it would take for Marner, but Anaheim hangs up. You're overvaluing Marner if you think he's worth that.

I know fans love their good prospects, but you know what GM's like? Good players. Good NHL players, who have actually shown they can hack it at a high level in the NHL.

Then the typical response is we just hold on to Marner....which isn't a bad thing. I'd rather keep him and explore other avenues to add a defenseman.

Who knows, maybe the Leafs shock us all and sign 1 of Burns or Shattenkirk next off-season?

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto

Well he did say Marner on the table, and not vice versa.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Well he did say Marner on the table, and not vice versa.

If that helps you justify it. :dunno:

I could say McDavid is the only thing that puts Lindholm on the table, but that doesn't mean it isn't ridiculous. It also doesn't mean it's true.

mytduxfan*

He's saying that the only player which the Ducks have, that can get Marner put on the table is Lindholm.

Fair enough. I have the exact same response with EDM fans when they ask for Lindholm e.g. I'd want McDavid. Doesn't mean Lindholm is worth McDavid, but that Lindholm is too good/important to lose for anything short of an overpayment.

Then the typical response is we just hold on to Marner....which isn't a bad thing. I'd rather keep him and explore other avenues to add a defenseman.

Who knows, maybe the Leafs shock us all and sign 1 of Burns or Shattenkirk next off-season?

Or maybe that JVR for Fowler trade happens? :sarcasm:

I'm kidding. Fowler is LH and TOR has LHD in spades.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
RHD + decent prospect + 1st is similar to the lucic trade.

That is a RHD prospect + a not very good prospect + 1st.

Changing what you call them doesn't increase their value.

I don't like JVR. I think Leafs fans generally way overvalue him. Your OP was crap. This one might be a little better because of Montour but Kerdiles is worthless to the Leafs and the 1st is not that good either with all the futures they have.

If you want JVR you are going to have to give up something good. Not a bunch of second rate pieces or pure futures.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012

My response was posted by Seanlinden

Of course Anaheim doesn't do it 1 for 1. I never suggested that. I'm simply saying he would have to be available for Marner to be put on the table.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
If that helps you justify it. :dunno:

I could say McDavid is the only thing that puts Lindholm on the table, but that doesn't mean it isn't ridiculous. It also doesn't mean it's true.

But it is true isn't it? Would you trade Lindholm for anyone on Edmonton outside of McDavid? Probably not, so why is that ridiculous? Nobody's saying Lindholm is worth McDavid just like nobody's saying Marner is worth Lindholm.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
No. The value is still not close. Despres is not worth anything. Kerdiles is what, a 2nd line LW at best?

I want Theodore for JVR. And that is the kind of value the Leafs can get for JVR. Not dime a dozen prospects like Despres, Kerdiles or Sorensen.

Theodore is not available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad