Torey Krug Season Ending Surgery

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Hoping for the best for Krug.

I know he didn’t want to sit out and wanted to keep going, but it seems like something that maybe could have been rehabbed without this outcome had he not powered through it.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
With the Blues primed for a lengthy rebuild there’s no reason to rush him back even next year

Unfortunate and hopefully he can get back in the future but I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the end
Blues don’t do lengthy rebuilds. Never have and won’t start now, for better or for worse.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Whoops should have read the whole article !

Last edited:

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
With the Blues primed for a lengthy rebuild there’s no reason to rush him back even next year

Unfortunate and hopefully he can get back in the future but I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the end

"Primed for a lengthy rebuild"?!?!?

Are you even vaguely familiar with the Blues' roster? There is no rebuild on the horizon.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Ok, then they’re primed to miss the playoffs for a long time

How’s that?

Better.

I personally think they'll be a bubble playoff team for the next few seasons and get in a few times, but they have a decent core, good goaltending and a good GM in Armstrong that is going to try to be competitive, as evidenced by the Buchnevich extension and RFA signings of Holloway and Broberg. They finished 9th in the West last season so it's not a stretch for them to make the playoffs this upcoming season.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
And yet ppl laughed when I picked the sens over Boston. These old broken down players will be an albacore around their necks by the end of the season , mark my words

I've been saying the same thing about Evander Kane and the Bruins. Haters gunna hate

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Better.

I personally think they'll be a bubble playoff team for the next few seasons and get in a few times, but they have a decent core, good goaltending and a good GM in Armstrong that is going to try to be competitive, as evidenced by the Buchnevich extension and RFA signings of Holloway and Broberg. They finished 9th in the West last season so it's not a stretch for them to make the playoffs this upcoming season.
fair enough

My point was just that there’s no reason to rush Krug back and he shouldn’t rush himself back because he’s not the missing piece that’s gonna get them there right now

A fully healthy Krug in 2 years is worth more than a hobbled Krug next year playing one round of playoff hockey

Crow

May 19, 2014
Slightly better but still inaccurate.

They should be a Po team this season, if not next.
Who are they better than out of Nashville, Winnipeg, Colorado, Dallas?

I don’t see it. They are in a tier with Minnesota, Utah.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Unfortunate news for Krug, hopefully he focuses on a healthy recovery and not a speedy recovery to return to hockey.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Slightly better but still inaccurate.

They should be a Po team this season, if not next.
I don't think I would say they should be PO team this season, they should be in the hunt and are a bubble team but they are far from a lock for the playoffs.

Reactions: HBK27

Crow

May 19, 2014
Better.

I dunno if they have good goaltending. Binnington is inconsistent as hell, though he was good last year. Hofer might be good but it’s too soon to say.

Reactions: HBK27

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
so perpetual purgatory then

Maybe. Though I wouldn't completely rule out a deep playoff run in there if everything goes right.

Look - I'm as big of a proponent of the scotched earth, full rebuild. Hoping it pays off for the Devils. But it's not always the best strategy for a team the moment the future looks a bit shaky. Can't just start selling off all their top players for whatever return they can get and guarantee 5+ years of misery for your fanbase.

fair enough

My point was just that there’s no reason to rush Krug back and he shouldn’t rush himself back because he’s not the missing piece that’s gonna get them there right now

A fully healthy Krug in 2 years is worth more than a hobbled Krug next year playing one round of playoff hockey

Yeah, there's no point in rushing him back at all until (unless?) he's completely healthy. That being said, I'm sure they hope to have him available next season.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
I don't think I would say they should be PO team this season, they should be in the hunt and are a bubble team but they are far from a lock for the playoffs.
Not saying they’re a lock but it’s not totally crazy to think they get a WC spot.

I’m not saying they’re in a position to contend (they aren’t until 2026 at the absolute earliest), but being a WC is certainly within the realm of possibility.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Not saying they’re a lock but it’s not totally crazy to think they get a WC spot.

I’m not saying they’re in a position to contend (they aren’t until 2026 at the absolute earliest), but being a WC is certainly within the realm of possibility.
That's fair and I do agree with that, I guess the way it was worded made it seem like you were saying something different by saying they should be a PO team.

Reactions: Louie the Blue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad