Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] D Timothy Liljegren signs extension with the Maple Leafs (2 years, $3M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Bring back ALL THE BOYZ!!! They have proven their worth.

Domi, Bertuzzi, Nylander, Liljegren, done!

Now extend Marner, Giordano and Tavares! Let's go!

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
People using "Well the cap will rise" on a 2 year contract is LOL.

It's a good excuse for a seemingly-high long-term contract though.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
People using "Well the cap will rise" on a 2 year contract is LOL.

It's a good excuse for a seemingly-high long-term contract though.

I don’t love the player, I don’t love the AAV, but 2 years isn’t ’long term’ unless you’re 14 years old

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
This is SO nothing to worry about.

Tomorrow is July 1st, WTF is going to happen? I want some crazy shit to go down.

Lilly getting a 2 year deal and bringing out the trolls............

I can see him being a solid D man that you wish could be better. Nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: Lilou

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Must be betting on him still having some real development ahead of him. I don't think he's terrible or anything but god this guy is soft. Maybe Berube can get more out of him.

Another premium price for a premium position. RHD are doing well for themselves already this summer.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Considering he's still a #5 defenceman... and that it walks him to UFA at the first possible moment, this deal seems a little on the rich side.

I feel like if you're giving him $3m, which does make him overpaid for what he is, you should at least have gotten that 3rd year.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Not a terrible deal, considering he's arb eligible and had some potentially decent leverage. Curious though, if this actually makes him potential tradebait. Now that he doesn't have a troubling arbitration award potentially looming, he'd be a lot easier to trade if Treliving is really serious about retooling the whole blueline.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00