Proposal: Tor - NJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Devils fan here . McLeod is a 4th liner . Nothing more . Maybe he improves but for now , he’s a 4th liner . Not sure why Toronto would need Zacha and McLeod . A deal for Severson only makes sense

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
Devils fan here . McLeod is a 4th liner . Nothing more . Maybe he improves but for now , he’s a 4th liner . Not sure why Toronto would need Zacha and McLeod . A deal for Severson only makes sense

Zacha - 2nd line LW
McLeod - for size and some toughness?

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Severson is trash, Mcleod is a plug. Zacha is the only serviceable player in this proposed deal. Not worth giving up Sandin for, Zacha is a decent player but we're already extremely thin on D.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Leafs fans can't stand Severson, so it's a waste of time to make proposals involving these two teams. If he's traded to Toronto, it'll make for a fun time, but right now that just seems to be Athletic day dreaming

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Leafs fans can't stand Severson, so it's a waste of time to make proposals involving these two teams. If he's traded to Toronto, it'll make for a fun time, but right now that just seems to be Athletic day dreaming
I won't say i can't stand him, but like Chiarot....i don't put the same value on Severson/Chiarot that their current team's fans do.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Neither of the TOR pieces are a fit for NJ. NJ has a plethora of young left handed defenders and a plethora of small forwards. Beyond that, it's always embarrassing when posters show up to crap on players they don't watch.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Honestly, I think most of Severson's heinous gaffes have come against the Leafs. I don't blame them for not wanting to pay a premium for a guy they have seen at his lowest of lows.

The take that Severson is trash is incorrect but, again, I don't blame them for looking elsewhere.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Leafs fans watched Damon Severson play one game and have decided he's the worst player in the NHL

Severson scored an OT goal for the Leafs back in 2019-20. Funny enough, his worst gaffes really have happened against Toronto, mostly.

I don't want NJ to trade him but I kind of hope he ends up in Toronto now. Just to see Leafs fans do a 180 and claim he's the Norris frontrunner by the end of the week

They'd do a 180 because Severson isn't bad. He's an excellent value at his current contract.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Severson scored an OT goal for the Leafs back in 2019-20. Funny enough, his worst gaffes really have happened against Toronto, mostly.

They'd do a 180 because Severson isn't bad. He's an excellent value at his current contract.
Can't say that without knowing what we gave up. So if we are just talking about Severson for free? Ya, Leafs fans would like that....now tell me what you think the Leafs should give up, and you will start to get resistance to the idea.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Devils fans think he's a top pairing D-man, yet the eye test and stats suggest otherwise. Please keep him if he's so good, absolutely no interest in this pylon.
I don’t think he’s a top pairing defenseman. He’s a solid 2nd pairing dman. And you think Zacha is a more “serviceable” player, sit this one out.

Reactions: HBK27 and Hisch13r

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I don't know why people keep suggesting Severson to Toronto, they've seen him play some of the worst games of his career.
Doesn't matter that he's actually pretty good, they'll never know it, nor will they believe it.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Calling Zacha “serviceable” is being generous at this point in time.

Severson certainly has his warts, but regardless of what the resident Leaf fan experts who have watched him play two full games say, he’s a bonafide top 4 defenseman playing the best hockey of his career this season.

But in fairness, what do us Devils fans really even know about players we watch 82 times a year :dunno:

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I can appreciate the Op's interest in Sandin but he's not likely to be traded until his Cap hit changes.

Zacha could be an option for depth but I think we'll need to see what major piece we add is before we can guess what else we will spend on. Zacha for non roster assets seems plausible but I could see us being outbid if Vancouver's rumoured interest is true.

Glacious

Dec 28, 2009
Leafs fans watched Damon Severson play one game and have decided he's the worst player in the NHL

I don't want NJ to trade him but I kind of hope he ends up in Toronto now. Just to see Leafs fans do a 180 and claim he's the Norris frontrunner by the end of the week

To be fair, there are multiple datapoints over several games going back to 2019 including an own goal and an egregious brainfart on a 2 on 1. It's not a representative sample but it should be understandable why Leaf's might have a tainted perspective on Severson. He has shit the bed against us regularly these past few seasons and most people have trouble with recency bias. Articles like this one can help paint a more comprehensive picture, if only fans were more proactive about informing themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad