PTO: [TOR] F Steven Lorentz signs PTO with the Maple Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I agree there are lots of unknowns. Going with the assumptions of everyone being perfectly healthy I would expect the Leafs to run the forwards like this.

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Domi - Tavares - Nylander
McMann - Kampf/Holmberg- Holmberg/Jarnkok/Cowan
Dewar - Kampf/Minten/Lorentz- Jarnkok/Reeves

For the people thinking Berube will spread out the "Core 4" nothing in his coaching history shows he will do that. He likes to load up and ice time gets decided due to effort/game situtations. He does like his bottom 6 to play heavy with very defined roles, all the while having speed and size especially on the wings. Lorentz definately fits this profile. He also likes his botttom 6 to be strong defensively. one of the reasons I can see Mcmann and Kampf together on a line.

I agree that people should not be just assuming he’d split the core 4 up, but I’m not sure his history matters all that much because 1) with all due respect he’s never had a trio like Matthews, Marner & Nylander up front and 2) the Blues were deep offensively more than they gifted with high end offense. The Leafs are constructed somewhat oppositely to that

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
I agree that people should not be just assuming he’d split the core 4 up, but I’m not sure his history matters all that much because 1) with all due respect he’s never had a trio like Matthews, Marner & Nylander up front and 2) the Blues were deep offensively more than they gifted with high end offense. The Leafs are constructed somewhat oppositely to that
I agree the Leafs have talent available that he did not have when he was coach of the Blues but he has shown that when givent he choice he will load up his top 6 forwrds and top 4 d with as nuch as talent as possible and then have his bottom 6 and bottom pairing D with role players expected to fill certain defined roles. Nothing in his coaching history disputes this. Also him and Van Ryn like to employ a man on man defensive system rather than a " zone" style system that Keefe employed. This more than anything will dictate what line combos he will employ.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Surprised it wasn’t Martin honestly but he’s probably still hoping for a contract and not a PTO. Same can be said of Clutterbuck. I’m pretty sure he’s talked to the Leafs earlier in the summer, but with this, it likely eliminates either of those two. Won’t be shocked if both end up in the Atlantic though. They’re all adding certain types of players right now. Don’t count out Nashville for either as well.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Good depth add . I expect him to stick. Especially if Robertson standoff lingers

Surprised it wasn’t Martin honestly but he’s probably still hoping for a contract and not a PTO. Same can be said of Clutterbuck. I’m pretty sure he’s talked to the Leafs earlier in the summer, but with this, it likely eliminates either of those two. Won’t be shocked if both end up in the Atlantic though. They’re all adding certain types of players right now. Don’t count out Nashville for either as well.
I’ve been thinking Clutterbuck might end up in Toronto but probably doesn’t happen without a trade .

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I asked myself a bunch of times why he didn’t play more. Toronto fans will be happy with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad