Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] F Jacob Quillan signs ELC with the Maple Leafs (2 years, $875k AAV; begins 2024-25)

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Another piece to add on to the Kerfoot, Bunting, Liljigren, Bracco & 2nd for your best player 😜
Only Liligren plays for the Leafs; two of them are Carolina property and one is an Arizona player.

These players rarely ever work out so Leafs fans, lower your expectations. It never hurts to have a free asset but he will likely end up being an AHL'r who may get the odd call up.

Great if he becomes more but realistically the odds are against him here.
My expectations aren't high for an NCAA free agent.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
These players rarely ever work out so Leafs fans, lower your expectations. It never hurts to have a free asset but he will likely end up being an AHL'r who may get the odd call up.

My expectations couldn't be higher for someone whose name I'm hearing/seeing for the first time right at this moment

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
He's endlessly working so this seems like a good pickup for the Marlies at least and the Leafs at best if he does what he does and works his ass off.
Leafs seem to find those guys, pump their value for a couple years, and then let them go so probably time for another one

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth

Whatever you say hair do.
He's gonna be in the HoF buddy, bank it. /s

Reactions: TMLLFC

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Another Bobby McMann?
If he's a peskier version of Pontus Holmberg, who can play in your bottom 6, kill penalties and chip in 20-25 points per year while being defensively responsible and playing with a relentless motor...

I'll absolutely take that from a college free agent signing. Toronto badly needs center prospects in their talent pool. Even if they only have bottom 6 upside. Excited to see what he looks like for the Marlies next year.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

"Leafs fans, lower your expectations of someone you've never heard of". Phew, glad you were here to clear that up for us.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
If you can get a defensively responsible 4th line buzz saw for cheap. Great. He’s probably not going to be anything special but realistically you can say that about 99% of prospects outside of the top 10.

If he makes it at all that’s great.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Wont pretend to watch a lot of QU but last two tournaments I’ve liked him a lot. There’s a legit case he’s a better prospect than Graf.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Interesting signing from the player's perspective; in that they didnt have to "burn a year" of the ELC in order to sign him. Seems to me, that as a coveted college FA; he would have been able to negotiate that as part of the deal.

I'd suspect he probably looks at joining Toronto in the same breath as Tyler Bozak, who probably made the best career jump of any college free agent in recent memory.

He'll be competing for a spot with Fraser Minten and Alex Steeves, on a team that will be woefully tight on cap space next year. If he cracks the lineup, there's a decent chance he's going to get to play with some pretty good wingers.

Do that in a big market, and cement yourself a long NHL career as Bozak did.

Reactions: Captain34

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I bet it would be worth something if the Bruins signed him 😉

Murphy is considered a joke on the Bruins board. No one takes him serious because he's just a clickbait "writer" whose "well placed sources" are the voices in his head. We always assume the opposite of what Murphy says is more accurate.

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
If you can get a defensively responsible 4th line buzz saw for cheap. Great. He’s probably not going to be anything special but realistically you can say that about 99% of prospects outside of the top 10.

If he makes it at all that’s great.

Even if he is AHL depth, also great. Free wallet and all.

Reactions: hullsy47

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007

Too late, this post has my expectations high. I’m convinced we have someone better than Matthews and Marner combined coming in now.

Thanks for the new expectations.

Reactions: Metroid
Mar 12, 2009

No one has displayed any kind of expectations. Love guys that come in to say this basic stuff like they're geniuses and everyone else is dumb.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Sounds like a worth while dart . I’ve heard his name before but I’ll absolutely admit never having seen him play

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I like it. Mainly because I like players with a good motor but more importantly free things

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Murphy is considered a joke on the Bruins board. No one takes him serious because he's just a clickbait "writer" whose "well placed sources" are the voices in his head. We always assume the opposite of what Murphy says is more accurate.
Does Murphy still post on HF? That guy is an absolute turd. Up there with Steve Simmons and Damien Cox in terms of levels of stupidty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad