Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] David Kampf signs with the Maple Leafs (2 years, $1.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
Does seem weird that we'd pay 1.5M for 2 years for a 4C when we have Spezza/Brooks already. Yea Kampf plays a different role, but we dont really have wingers that would compliment him imo.

Spezza-Kampf-Simmonds?

Doesn't look right to me. Wonder if Dubas has something else up his sleeve

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Does seem weird that we'd pay 1.5M for 2 years for a 4C when we have Spezza/Brooks already. Yea Kampf plays a different role, but we dont really have wingers that would compliment him imo.

Spezza-Kampf-Simmonds?

Doesn't look right to me. Wonder if Dubas has something else up his sleeve

This is my issue for sure. The Leafs fourth line gets easy sheltered matchups - I wouldn't throw Kampf in there and change it. Unless they are upping Spezza to the 3rd line - i'm not sure about this. Maybe Kerfoot moves to W and you have Kampf C the third line with heavy defensive minutes.

Beaszt519

Feb 15, 2020
After seeing what Bernier and Andersen got, I like it. He posted great numbers last year, and I think he is a capable 1b to split starts with Campbell.

At first I wasn't big on it but for the reasons you mentioned, I've come to accept it as a pretty decent deal that had to be made.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Kerfoot Kampf ______ 3A 11m for defence
Engvall Spezza Simmonds 3B 11m for offence

I guess the bottom 6 will be played situationally. Leafs needed a 3C PKer. I like it.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Serviceable fourth liner, always plays hard, don't expect him to ever score. He's fine if you can appreciate him for what he is.

leafygoods

Defending Champs
Aug 12, 2009
Halifax
This is great. Put him out with Simmonds and Soup and no goals are scored either way, but you bet Simmonds and Soup are going to... Battle in the corners and wear the other team down while this guy locks it down defensively. I think this is exactly what we needed and with our C depth now, allows us to move Kerfoot to LW beside Tavares and solve one of our problems.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He is blackhole offensively ,, Literally all offense dies when he touches puck and he fails at even breakaways

Good at dot and defensively 4th line C is what he is.. As long as your coach isn't a moron (Hawks coach is) and keeps him on 4th line it should be fine for Leaf fans

If he tries to pretend Kampf is a 3rd line C or even gives him time in top 6 (Like the moron we have as coach) then it will be problem

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Stats like him. He's a good fourth line C who can win draws and not lose you the game.

Wanted him in Ottawa.

Good signing with the second year.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
He is blackhole offensively ,, Literally all offense dies when he touches puck and he fails at even breakaways

Good at dot and defensively 4th line C is what he is.. As long as your coach isn't a moron (Hawks coach is) and keeps him on 4th line it should be fine for Leaf fans

If he tries to pretend Kampf is a 3rd line C or even gives him time in top 6 (Like the moron we have as coach) then it will be problem

Sounds like Danault lite minus 30M..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad