Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] D Oliver Ekman-Larsson signs with the Maple Leafs (4 years, $3.5M AAV)

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
his decision making on passing needs to improve a bit, but, he's been better than expected

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
his decision making on passing needs to improve a bit, but, he's been better than expected
Hearing from leaf fans how good he and Tanev have been, I wasn't expecting them both to be minus players. I know it doesn't tell the whole story and people don't like plus/minus but when I look at my team the nucks, the dmen playing well are plus players with Quinn +6 Hronek+5, Brannstrom+ 4, while Soucy -4 has really struggled and is bringing Myers down.

OEL getting some points is good but if he slips back to a 20-30 point player, that contract is gonna look bad real quick. His D game has really hit a wall going all the way back to Phoenix.

I hope he proves me wrong, he's a class act.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I've always felt like OEL was a bit over-romanticized and overrated through most of his career, but at this cap hit and for his abilities, I think that he should easily be a positive.

And I need to give Leafs credit for always finding solid second pairing defense at these reasonable deals, even though they've had some struggles with finding a proper partner for Rielly. I guess in hindsight, going for a real first pairing defenseman to partner Rielly should have been the priority instead of Tavares, but we'll see what Leafs can do about that when the contract situation eases up a little. They've had this hole on defense for Matthews's entire prime but hopefully they can do something about it.
Not to keep shitting on him but his contract isn't exactly reasonable, especially term. Last year at a million even after slowing down after January was a great deal but five years at 4.5 million? He's gonna need to be a 40+ point guy since he's not great defensively.

I take Myers at 3 million just for his defensive game and pking all day.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Not to keep shitting on him but his contract isn't exactly reasonable, especially term. Last year at a million even after slowing down after January was a great deal but five years at 4.5 million? He's gonna need to be a 40+ point guy since he's not great defensively.

I take Myers at 3 million just for his defensive game and pking all day.
5 years at 4.5M is much different than 4 years at 3.5M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad