Movies: Top Gun 2

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Overheard a lot of chatter yesterday and today about this movie at bars/restaurants/etc. Seems like there's some buzz about this one (surprising to me).

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Yeah that's why I was only half joking when I brought that up. Like I think Tom Cruise would try to fly a fighter jet for the movie, that those cockpit shots you see in the trailer are not blue screen but real, but I'm not sure how you'd go about getting a civilian into one. Not to mention from my understanding isn't flying a fighter jet really demanding on the body in the same way being a pro athlete is, where you basically have to drop out at some point in your 30's?

He’s most likely in a mock up of the fighter’s cockpit and real pilots wearing his gear in other shots. He talked about this in a previous interview

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The script that was out there for a while was Maverick as an instructor at Top Gun with a hot shot female pilot in class. You see a shot of her, of course hoping he has to go in to battle.

The woman in the trailer is Jennifer Connelly, who was 46 during filming and much too old to be a student. Wikipedia lists her character as "a single mother and owner of a bar." That gets us the bar scenes and You've Lost That Loving Feeling re-do that any proper Top Gun sequel must have.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
The woman in the trailer is Jennifer Connelly, who was 46 during filming and much too old to be a student. Wikipedia lists her character as "a single mother and owner of a bar." That obviously gets us the requisite bar scenes and You've Lost That Loving Feeling re-do.

She's in the cockpit in pilot gear? Plot doesn't really matter as much to me here. You're going to have some great one-liners, amazing visuals and so on. Nice to have an appearance by Jester or Viper. I think Kilmer did confirm he is in it.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
She's in the cockpit in pilot gear? Plot doesn't really matter as much to me here. You're going to have some great one-liners, amazing visuals and so on. Nice to have an appearance by Jester or Viper. I think Kilmer did confirm he is in it.

Oh, I thought that you were referring to the woman who turns around and smiles. I must've missed the female pilot. My mistake.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The woman in the trailer is Jennifer Connelly, who was 46 during filming and much too old to be a student. Wikipedia lists her character as "a single mother and owner of a bar." That gets us the bar scenes and You've Lost That Loving Feeling re-do that any proper Top Gun sequel must have.

Hopefully we get another "Great Balls of Fire" scene

Kenny Loggins is recording a new version of "Danger Zone" for Top Gun: Maverick

Inbefore Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran.

GaGa could actually work but she's not THAT young.

:facepalm: pls don't ruin a perfectly good song.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Kenny Loggins is recording a new version of "Danger Zone" for Top Gun: Maverick

Inbefore Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran.

GaGa could actually work but she's not THAT young.

source.gif

Reactions: RobBrown4PM

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Seems the crew were a bit dicks toward the people working at the naval base they shot the movie in. One of the girls from the FandomReactions Youtube channel knows some one from there and mentioned this during the reaction video to the Top Gun: Maverick trailer. I gather she's actually interviewed people for some media during SDCC so she can't be making up shit.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Seems the crew were a bit dicks toward the people working at the naval base they shot the movie in. One of the girls from the FandomReactions Youtube channel knows some one from there and mentioned this during the reaction video to the Top Gun: Maverick trailer. I gather she's actually interviewed people for some media during SDCC so she can't be making up ****.
Okay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad