Top Free Agents Still Available

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Where is Russel ?

But yea there are a lot of guys still out there which is actually surprising considering the holes of some teams.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
There's a severe lack of Russell there... you rate Gagner over him?

And speaking of him, I'm pretty sure that by turning down that 17 million offer from Toronto, he lost a metric crapton of money.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
There's a severe lack of Russell there... you rate Gagner over him?

And speaking of him, I'm pretty sure that by turning down that 17 million offer from Toronto, he lost a metric crapton of money.

I betcha he signs a 2.5-3 mill deal for 3 years soon.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
How is Gagner only 26? seems like he has been in the league forever.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Someone want to tell me how the f Dan Boyle makes the list when he's already said he's retiring after last year?????

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
A lot of quality out for sure. Kris Russell would be a decent 2nd pairing guy for a lot of teams.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
surprised the oilers or any team for that matter haven't taken a flyer on Wisniewski. I still don't get why he was bought out. are there long term issues from his injury?

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
surprised the oilers or any team for that matter haven't taken a flyer on Wisniewski. I still don't get why he was bought out. are there long term issues from his injury?

You mean beyond being 32 and having not played an NHL game in nearly an entire calendar year? He's a massive risk for any team, to the point where if you sign him it may well cost double once you factor in the contract for whoever you inevitably replace him with. Consider that even when he was last healthy, he was only good for 0-5-5 in 13 games on a contender. As it was, Anaheim saw fit to scratch him once the playoffs started.

Most teams have someone internal worth trying out for a PP-only role, and if they don't there are far younger/healthier options littering FA, college and Europe. Hell, I'd almost rather have Diaz than Wisniewski at this point.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Edmonton foolishly rushed him, that's how.

Yes, they rushed him so hard he's fourth in scoring for his draft year. While there's a good chance he dips as low as 10th once 2016-17 is over, Gagner's problem has never been talent or development; he just isn't big enough to play a bottom six role or fast enough to be a consistent top six scoring threat. I don't believe any other team could have gotten more out of him than the Oilers did, and that he essentially was the same player in Arizona as he was here is indicative of that.

whlscowt

You want Sam Gagner to be your 3rd line (checking line) center?

Have fun with that, let me know how that one works out for ya

A lot more teams are looking at their roles as a top9 instead of a top6 in terms of scoring. At the draft there was a lot of talk about that. I'm not saying Gagner is a good player or one who could handle a 3rd line scoring role, but rather a lot of teams aren't necessarily looking for a checking line center at the 3C position.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

Oilers should sign him for a cheap show me 1 year contract. Right shooting defenseman that when he is healthy enough to play has been able to produce offensively yea it does surprise me not to give him a chance if it doesn't work out can waive him or whatever. Low risk high reward.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Glad Gagner finally got a chance at playoff hockey this year, he actually looked pretty good for Philly against a defence first team in Washington. If he could play like that for an entire season he could garner some interest. Unfortunately I don't see that happening :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad