Top Draft Re-Entries (2nd/3rd year eligible players) for 2013

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
Good job Brock.

Cant disagree with the top 10 picks, but I might switch some around in respect to listing number.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Great list, I will be a homer and add Smoskowitz to the HM's. I think he's done enough to get drafted in the later rounds.

brahmabull

May 30, 2011
Nice list, I think you could swap Campagna with Crisp though I think Crisp has the size and hands to draw some interest from a few teams and would not be surprised to see him go in the later rounds like Brady Austin last year. I think you could move Goodrow up a bit, he's a big kid with a decent shot and is a good 2 way player.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Locke really did his best work AFTER Trocheck got traded. That shows how much he improved. There wasn't anyone left to help him get better, he was going to have to be the one to lead and make his teammates better and he did that. If he comes back for an OA season next year (which I think he will) he's got to be a favorite for the scoring title.

hockeyohl

Feb 8, 2013
Locke really did his best work AFTER Trocheck got traded. That shows how much he improved. There wasn't anyone left to help him get better, he was going to have to be the one to lead and make his teammates better and he did that. If he comes back for an OA season next year (which I think he will) he's got to be a favorite for the scoring title.

I think you are right on with Locke and I could see him getting drafted in a late round this year.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I remember a few years back, at Spitfires training camp, when this little guy came on the ice, made a few moves, and scored time-and-time again. I looked down to see who it was. "Eric Locke"...some kid we drafted in the 13th or 14th round. After 10-min of watching him, I said "we need to keep him!" Something about him has always stood out. He's not big, but he has passion and can flat-out score. I'd love to see him get a shot in the bigs because I know he'll make an impact. The little engine that could!

PacoSanchez15

Aug 27, 2008
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Any chance someone uses a late pick on Alex Gudbranson?

Thought he had a pretty good season for the Hounds. He obviously needs to work on his skating but don't see why he's not worth a late pick.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Any chance someone uses a late pick on Alex Gudbranson?

Thought he had a pretty good season for the Hounds. He obviously needs to work on his skating but don't see why he's not worth a late pick.

I don't really see it to be honest.

He made good strides this year in simplifying his defensive game and becoming a more physically intimidating presence in the defensive end. But, the skating still isn't terrific. And from what I've seen, he's still too prone to turnovers in the defensive end and isn't confident enough with the puck to make consistently strong breakout passes.

With Sproul and Miller gone next year, he'll likely get a chance to take on an increased offensive role (or be forced into it). So we'll see how he does then.

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
An annual tradition on my blog is the ranking of the top 2nd/3rd year eligible players for the current NHL Draft.

Here's this year's OHL list.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2013/05/sunday-top-10-2013-nhl-draft-re-entries.html

10. Mathew Campagna
9. Zach Hall
8. Dakota Mermis
7. Barclay Goodrow
6. Zac Leslie
5. Cameron Brace
4. Henri Ikonen
3. Dane Fox
2. Justin Auger
1. Eric Locke

Honorable mentions and comments are on the blog.

I believe 3 out of the 10 above got drafted (Auger, Locke and Ikonen).

I think all 10 above should have been drafted. NHL scouts may be more tricksters than OHL scouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad