Value of: Top 6 Winger to the Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Devils have a massive need for a legit top 6 , shoot first scoring winger.
Devils are in the top of the league in generating 5on5 chances but have literally nobody that can finish.
Jack Hughes has just started to shake the rust off and is playing better but has no one on his wings that can score.
Same issue with that the entire lineup. They generate enough high danger chances but with zero result.
Not to mention an abysmal PP that fails them every game . Where a shooter on PP1 would be a massive help.

What would your team offer and what would be the cost for the Devils to acquire a top 6 winger (prefer right handed shot)

Examples of type of player wanted - Tarasenko , Boeser.
Those guys are going to cost major assets but it’s a massive need right now and moving forward

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
You looking more short term or long term solution?

If short term, go rescue Phil the Thrill from the desert.
Wouldn't cost too much and he instantly makes your PP better.

If more long term, maybe BUF dangles Olofsson? They maybe cut bait on him for a pick this year if they think Quinn is ready to replace him soon enough.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
problem with Tarasenko is STL isn't very healthy right now, so trading him would be once most, if not all, get back on the ice, or in the offseason

would imagine (but just a guess) would be Bahl and a 1st/the russian winger kid with STL not retaining

Vladi has been VERY good this season. Hate to see him go

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Kubalik or Olofsson (spelling ?) are two others of interest.
Looking long term .
No thanks on Kessel and Hoffman .
Willing to give up our 1st . Devils are at a point where I think an established legit player is better off than a pick that will maybe be ready in 3-4 years .
Holtz is one player we are hoping like hell that can be one winger for us but we need actual top 6 talent .
We have one right now,Bratt. He has been awesome but he has his limitations . We need a scorer that does t play a perimeter game and knows how to finish .

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
problem with Tarasenko is STL isn't very healthy right now, so trading him would be once most, if not all, get back on the ice, or in the offseason

would imagine (but just a guess) would be Bahl and a 1st/the russian winger kid with STL not retaining

Vladi has been VERY good this season. Hate to see him go

I heard Rutherford on FAN 960 say that Tarasenko has been benched in game for some shifts recently and him and the coach are not really seeing eye to eye. That and Rutherford said he thinks Tara might be fighting a small injury where he doesn’t have the zip on his shot as he was to start the season .
Also there is the cap issues with the Blues where they could not call up the players they wanted to due to injuries because of their cap .
One would think that this might lower the asking price on Tara and the Blues might look to move him more so than usual ?

I have wanted Tarasenko since the off-season but we went with Tatar instead. I understand why at the time as Tara had some risk involved but Tatar (has been “ok”) is nkt the finisher we need.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I’d be willing to give up anyone but players with the last name :
Hughes
Mercer
Hischier
Hamilton
Holtz - possibly available depending on return

Everyone else is fair game plus picks .

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I heard Rutherford on FAN 960 say that Tarasenko has been benched in game for some shifts recently and him and the coach are not really seeing eye to eye. That and Rutherford said he thinks Tara might be fighting a small injury where he doesn’t have the zip on his shot as he was to start the season .
Also there is the cap issues with the Blues where they could not call up the players they wanted to due to injuries because of their cap .
One would think that this might lower the asking price on Tara and the Blues might look to move him more so than usual ?

I have wanted Tarasenko since the off-season but we went with Tatar instead. I understand why at the time as Tara had some risk involved but Tatar (has been “ok”) is nkt the finisher we need.
Chief did cut Vladi's icetime 2 games ago, but went right back with him last game.
his wrist shot still seems pretty darn hard to me. haven't heard of any injuries, but who knows what's what with that stuff. and if he is dinged up, he prolly feels the need to keep playing since STL is shorthanded right now. Schenn is doing the same thing right now

as far as the cap goes, when you have as many players on IL as STL does, there's gonna be cap restraints. but its pretty clear, Army ain't giving Vladi away.
Rutherford has been a shill for Vladi's agent all offseason, that's his "source". take what he says with a grain of salt

I still believe that if/when Vladi is moved, it'll be in the offseason

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
He is exactly the type of layer I’d want . Just not him specifically lol.
No way a player of his skill and game style becomes available unless they have massive massive baggage like Kane does.
agree.. want that player.. just not that person

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I’m alllllmost desperate enough to want to try him. It’s the length of his,contract that makes it almost impossible to do.
If he screwed up and any sign of him being an ass , you fire him into the sun but he has 3 more year is it? Ya , can’t do that .

the perfect player to set back a young team lol

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Take your pick from Montreal. Toffoli, Drouin, Hoffman, Armia are all available and will only cost you draft picks

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Take your pick from Montreal. Toffoli, Drouin, Hoffman, Armia are all available and will only cost you draft picks
Nice pieces but I’d rather go big or go home.
Someone under 30 for sure at the very least. Forsberg Boeser Fiala Meier . Pretty sure none of those being shopped but their teams current situations may make Forsberg or Fiala available. I can’t see Vanc moving anyone until the new regime figures out who they want to keep and who they are willing to move going forward and with the Sharks playing as good as they are I can’t see Meier become available unless they move him knowing his next contract will be too expensive.All very unlikely but at least some possibility of being moved depending on their respective teams long term plans.

Any other possible moves out there ? What are the Knights going to do when Eichel is ready? Do they need to move anyone or are they good for now?
Any struggling teams looking to move a scoring winger? Oloffsson or ??
Another examples of a player I’d like that may be a slight tier less than what I have mentioned would be Burokovsky . Guy seems like he can finish very well. I have no clue on the Avs plans for him moving forward but I’m guessing they do what they can to keep him. Very important scoring depth for them .

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Jake DeBrusk perfect fit for Hughes and Sharangovich. . 25 plus a year if they let him play his game
The problem is his qualifying offer:

"DeBrusk’s contract expires after 2021-22. He will be a restricted free agent. The left wing will be due a qualifying offer of $4.41 million, which is 120 percent of the $3.675 million average annual value of his contract. It is a big number for a left wing who, until Thursday against his hometown Oilers, had been parked on the fourth line.

An acquiring team would have to believe in DeBrusk in a big way. First, it would have to put up assets to the Bruins’ liking. It would then have to determine an approach to keep DeBrusk under team control: either by issuing him his $4.41 million qualifying offer or by not tendering the 25-year-old and negotiating a cheaper contract before he tests unrestricted free agency. A team serious about DeBrusk would not risk trading for the 2015 first-rounder and seeing him walk for nothing."

Why the Bruins haven't been able to find the right trade for Jake DeBrusk so far: 'It's such a hard trade from both sides'

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Shellshockedfrom2011

Aug 9, 2021
How does Severson, a 2022 1st and a 2023 2nd for Boeser sound?

Tough to give up Boeser but the Canucks need a quality RD plus draft picks. Devils gets a great scoring threat.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
The problem is his qualifying offer:

"DeBrusk’s contract expires after 2021-22. He will be a restricted free agent. The left wing will be due a qualifying offer of $4.41 million, which is 120 percent of the $3.675 million average annual value of his contract. It is a big number for a left wing who, until Thursday against his hometown Oilers, had been parked on the fourth line.

An acquiring team would have to believe in DeBrusk in a big way. First, it would have to put up assets to the Bruins’ liking. It would then have to determine an approach to keep DeBrusk under team control: either by issuing him his $4.41 million qualifying offer or by not tendering the 25-year-old and negotiating a cheaper contract before he tests unrestricted free agency. A team serious about DeBrusk would not risk trading for the 2015 first-rounder and seeing him walk for nothing."

Why the Bruins haven't been able to find the right trade for Jake DeBrusk so far: 'It's such a hard trade from both sides'

a 4th liner and 2nd is pretty low risk IMO. Kuokkonen and a 2 is a fair deal IMO

work out something with him before, if you renounce his rights he’s not getting close to that anyways. He would love to play top 6 on a team he can play his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad