Value of: Top 6 Winger to NYI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MattyW

Jul 28, 2005
Strong Island
The Isles cannot continue with the revolving door of the like of Josh Bailey, Jason Chimera, et al, on the first line and expect success, I don't care how much Tavers says he likes playing with them. NYI is in need of a top-6, preferably a right-handed shot, to play with Tavares and Ladd. What can you offer?

Tavares and Leddy untouchables. Anyone else is fair game.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I'd say that you guys have quite a logjam on defense, so I could see one of Hamonic or De Haan being traded for.

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
Its clear the Isles need a 1RW or 2RW, preferably RHS. Cal C is the only legitimate RW on the team..Isles best trade chips are probably Strome, Nelson, Bailey or DeHaan

madpooh

May 30, 2007
I haven't watched much Isladers this year but wasn't the point of keeping Barzal & Beauvillier to give them top 6 minutes so much so that they released PAP. so with Strome, Lee, Nelson, & the 2 kids whats the problem?

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
I haven't watched much Isladers this year but wasn't the point of keeping Barzal & Beauvillier to give them top 6 minutes so much so that they released PAP. so with Strome, Lee, Nelson, & the 2 kids whats the problem?

Beau if LW which the Isles have more then enough and Barzal is a center whom they do not want on the wing so he's only played 1 of 5 games so far. Isles desperately need a RW who actually plays RW not C/LW

monsieurthibz

Oct 8, 2016
Montreal
Beau if LW which the Isles have more then enough and Barzal is a center whom they do not want on the wing so he's only played 1 of 5 games so far. Isles desperately need a RW who actually plays RW not C/LW

Pretty sure Beauvillier has played on the right wing in the past, but your point is still valid, they need a true RW. Seems like the loss of Okposo is slowly starting to hurt the Isles..

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
Nyquist for Harmonic

Nyquist and Tavares should be lights out.

Harmonic upgrades Wings D and they could 1) just keep him or 2) move him to Wpg. for Trouba.

Wings could add prospects or picks for either deal if needed.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Nyquist for Harmonic

Harmonic upgrades Wings D and they could 1) just keep him or 2) move him to Wpg. for Trouba.

Wouldn't give up Hamonic for Nyquist. Maybe something around Dehaan for Nyquist.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Nyquist for Harmonic

A simple no thank you.

Signed every Islanders fan

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
Nyquist for Harmonic

Detroit needs to add something significant (1st, Mantha, AA...eg) to Nyquist. That doesn't mean Brendan Smith, etc... Top pairing D (especially RD) are expensive.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'd like to see a new coach before making any huge trades.

Really wish we would have spent the 3rd on Yakupov rather than Prince though. Or gotten both.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
The Isles cannot continue with the revolving door of the like of Josh Bailey, Jason Chimera, et al, on the first line and expect success, I don't care how much Tavers says he likes playing with them. NYI is in need of a top-6, preferably a right-handed shot, to play with Tavares and Ladd. What can you offer?

Tavares and Leddy untouchables. Anyone else is fair game.

I'll add Hamonic as an untouchable just because Garth already said no to Hall. Can't really afford to weaken our right side anyway.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
No thanks no need for LD other then Fowler. Would take more then just De Haan to get Nyquist out of Detroit.

There would have to be an add anyway because of cap implications. Isles (surprisingly!) are pretty close to the ceiling.

Really though de Haan is solid, I like him a lot. We can afford to trade him because we have good depth on the left side and he might be exposed in the expansion draft and it's a good bet that he would be taken.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Paying a price for a top winger after investing top picks into MDC, JHS, Beauvillier, and Bellows seems like poor asset management. Especially when you consider that 3 of those 4 are already at the Pro level.

Give Barzal a spot in the lineup, and either give Beauvillier a shot on JT's wing or call up Ho-Sang, who IMO would be a great fit.

I'd rather have some patience and see what we have internally before paying the price for an outside option.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
There would have to be an add anyway because of cap implications. Isles (surprisingly!) are pretty close to the ceiling.

Really though de Haan is solid, I like him a lot. We can afford to trade him because we have good depth on the left side and he might be exposed in the expansion draft and it's a good bet that he would be taken.

I think our depth on LD is actually pretty weak after Leddy and de Haan. If you lose de Haan it becomes pretty concerning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad