Value of: Top-6 RW to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
Would NYR be interested in Laine ?
don't think the cap would work unless CBJ retains at least 40% or more and NYR includes Kakko + Goodrow in the deal.

So something like:
Kakko+Goodrow+Jones+1st
for
Laine @ 45% retention over the next 2 years

Is Laine worth that as is? Probably. Maybe even more. Laine is most likely walking in 2026 unless Columbus works on getting some goodies back for him, he seems miserable these days. He'd without a doubt clear up any RW woes the Rangers have faced but would be a huge risk given how streaky and injury prone he is.

I do see CBJ-NYR as trade partners in the future just like water is wet, but not for Laine or any high tier player. Guys like Chinakhov, Voronkov, Marchenko, Texier, maybe Johnson if he requests out, all would be of great interest to the Rangers.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
If the NyR need to go above the cap with LTIR savings to backfill Chytil and Kakko, I think SJ would be the answer with Duke, Hoffman, LaBanc, or Sturm. Maybe Monahan, Trenin, some Hawks, whatever there are a bunch of guys I think they’d look middle 6 RW who can also play some center

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Reunion with Anthony Duclair? Fast, good shot, familiar with team granted it's been like a decade. Would probably be tremendous with Kreider/Zib

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
curious how drury plays this year out. the rangers could use a rw, but i have a feeling they may add a middle 6 c as well. assuming they remain roughly where they are in the standings and feel like they have a chance, i don't think they go into the playoffs with chytil as the 3c. a minority opinion, but there is simply no way. either he's shelved for the year on ltir or they move him. i also don't think they're likely to make a move for anyone with term, unless it's really team friendly and i'm not sure there's anyone who'd be available that qualifies.

players i could see drury pursuing:
lindholm
foegele
pat maroon
lebanc
eberle
kapanen
tarasenko
pinto
tyler johnson
beauvillier

not a comprehensive list, but all c's or rw's on expiring deals on bubble/outside playoff position teams. not sure who will be available or prices/how they'd prioritize, no way to do so until the picture clears as the year moves along. i'd imagine their big board includes quite a few of those names at the moment though. who knows though...they might be thinking the wing spots have answers in house, they just want to give them more time in hfd before getting a chance to nail down a spot.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Can't take that Mangiapane cap hit for next year, and Lindholm is great but I believe it would cost a very good prospect on top of our 1st, which we can't really do right now since our development system is lacking a bit after graduating so many players and trading away picks the last couple years for playoff runs.

If Lindholm was as simple as something like 1st + Cmelar or some mid prospect like that, then sure a deal would get done. But the Rangers can't afford to add a prospect like Othmann, Sykora, Robertson
I'm not sure I'd include Robertson here. I mean if there was a deal to be made and we could easily fit the cap without some cap gymnastics, I don't think Robertson would be the deciding factor on not pulling the trigger.

These would be the only prospects I would say we can't afford to give up, due to roster age, contracts, and future team.

Othmann
Perrault
Sykora
Cuylle (although he has graduated and I can't see them sending him down now)
Garard

0 dmen listed and I don't really see a defensemen in tier 2 that I would hate to lose. With that said, the deal obviously has to be right for us. We're not just chucking prospects away.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I'm not sure I'd include Robertson here. I mean if there was a deal to be made and we could easily fit the cap without some cap gymnastics, I don't think Robertson would be the deciding factor on not pulling the trigger.

These would be the only prospects I would say we can't afford to give up, due to roster age, contracts, and future team.

Othmann
Perrault
Sykora
Cuylle (although he has graduated and I can't see them sending him down now)
Garard

0 dmen listed and I don't really see a defensemen in tier 2 that I would hate to lose. With that said, the deal obviously has to be right for us. We're not just chucking prospects away.
Bedard is probably in there too. Robertson was only left out because he is our only D prospect worth a damn so it's useful to have the cheap young depth

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Zuccarello is what they need, but I am not sure MN gets what they need in return. Losing Zucc might have long term consequences such as losing Kaprizov. After his first, injury plagues year with MN, Zucc has been very, very good for MN, and a positive presence all round. NY is probably the only place that he would consider waiving his NMC for, though even that is an open question.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zuccarello is what they need, but I am not sure MN gets what they need in return. Losing Zucc might have long term consequences such as losing Kaprizov. After his first, injury plagues year with MN, Zucc has been very, very good for MN, and a positive presence all round. NY is probably the only place that he would consider waiving his NMC for, though even that is an open question.
Yeah he most likely won't go back to NY. I'm still saying he should, better chance to win a cup. But he made it clear to the media that he wants to settle down in Minnesota.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
1st + 2nd + 4th(to a 3rd team) for E. Lindholm at 25%

This is looking like a year for the rangers to go all in (last year was a mistake), but they should prioritize trading draft picks over prospects who are close to breaking into the league since we will need reinforcements more immedately than 3-4 years down the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad