Value of: Top 6 LW to PHI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
If Konecny makes the Flyers roster, that solves the Flyers top 6 question.

LW Schenn C Giroux RW Simmonds
LW Voracek C Couturier RW Konecny

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

How does Voracek's game transition to the LW? I though he was primary a RW which is why there is a need for LW?

Maurice of Orange

Feb 5, 2016
How does Voracek's game transition to the LW? I though he was primary a RW which is why there is a need for LW?

Voracek is also a left handed shot, if Voracek plays as the 2nd line LWer, the 2nd line has a better chance of producing and I believe Voracek's point totals should go back up to where it was in the 2014-15 season.

Voracek is also one of the best passers on the team, so if Voracek is on a line with Coots and Konecny those players could benefit from being on a line with Jake.

MustardTigers

Aug 2, 2013
The number of Toronto Bozak proposals is pretty funny. He's never broken 60 points and he's 30 years old and leaving his prime, I don't think he's quite worth $4.2m with a no-trade. I believe that would force a GM to waste a protection spot on Bozak during the Vegas expansion draft.

I am not saying Bozak has no value, he is a serviceable centre when healthy. I just don't think Philly need to trade for him, he isn't the difference maker that transforms the Flyers into a cup threat, so why bother.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
The number of Toronto Bozak proposals is pretty funny. He's never broken 60 points and he's 30 years old and leaving his prime, I don't think he's quite worth $4.2m with a no-trade. I believe that would force a GM to waste a protection spot on Bozak during the Vegas expansion draft.

I am not saying Bozak has no value, he is a serviceable centre when healthy. I just don't think Philly need to trade for him, he isn't the difference maker that transforms the Flyers into a cup threat, so why bother.

You're only forced to protect players with no move clauses, NTCs are fine.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto

One of the most misinformed rants I have ever seen on HFBoards.

Bozak, while not all-star material is a great 2/3C. He averages out to about 50 points a season, is one of the best face-off men in the entire league, plays the PP and the PK.

I'd say most teams would gladly take him on their roster for an extremely reasonable 4.2M the next two seasons. His contract would be considered in the "deal" territory as far as I'm concerned.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
One of the most misinformed rants I have ever seen on HFBoards.

Bozak, while not all-star material is a great 2/3C. He averages out to about 50 points a season, is one of the best face-off men in the entire league, plays the PP and the PK.

I'd say most teams would gladly take him on their roster for an extremely reasonable 4.2M the next two seasons. His contract would be considered in the "deal" territory as far as I'm concerned.

You just called Bozak a "great" 2/3 center. That's overrating him.

Maurice of Orange

Feb 5, 2016
The Flyers have 3 options this season for a 2nd line LWer, within their own organization.

Either keep Raffl as the 2nd line LWer for the season, same as last season.

Or......

The other options would be if Konecny makes the team out of training camp to play him as the 2nd line LWer, or the option I like would be to make Konecny the 2nd line RWer and move Jake Voracek over to the LW on the 2nd line.
Line 2 LW Voracek C Couturier RW Konecny

There's no need for the Flyers to waste our draft picks or prospects by trading for a 2nd line LWer when the Flyers already have that position covered within the Flyers own organization.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
You just called Bozak a "great" 2/3 center. That's overrating him.

Out of curiousity, what does it take for a 2C to be great to you?

Apparently 50 points, 57% FOW, and good defensively isn't enough, so I'd love to hear your take.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I've always liked Evander Kane talent wise, but I'd rather the Flyers be patient with who they have and not bring in a head case like that.

Philly has a lot of character guys without any players with issues, I'd like to keep it that way too.

I hope Evander Kane figures it out. He's a fun player to watch when he's on, but he hasn't had a season up to snuff with his talent level in a while. He definitely has the talent to be a 30/30 guy in Philly though.

Alex Mills

Evander Kane would be a perfect fit in Philadelphia.

Wouldn't be too expensive either.

Perhaps the perception among some is that Kane’s trade value has fallen off a cliff with the injuries and legal issues, but he has a $5.25 million cap hit and a $6 million salary for the next two years before he becomes a UFA. Not cheap to get or keep, and something the cap-strapped Flyers simply can’t afford without clearing out significant space. And once the Sabres re-sign Ristolainen and Girgensons, they won’t have much room left to take on cap dumps or UFA dead weight, or retain on Kane or anyone else for that matter.

Hextall has generally made smart forward-thinking moves and has even pulled off some minor miracles by moving Pronger and Lecavalier off the books, but the Sabres aren’t going to take scraps for a top five pick and top six winger that cost them Myers, Lemieux, 1st +. And the Flyers aren’t going to move cap-friendly futures for a pricy reclamation project that might also cost them another forward they could otherwise protect in the expansion draft, when they’re still digging out from Holmgren’s bloopers and barely have enough space for an emergency recall. Hextall stated they would like to have around $2 million in available space, which means they’ll be looking to shed rather than add salary:

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelph...bellows-german-rubtsov-will-be-right-or-wrong

With the Flyers a bubble playoff team at this stage, Kane wouldn’t make them an instant Cup contender and would be too costly for them in too many ways. If Schenn and Voracek can play either side and Konecny impresses in camp, that could be the simplest solution.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland

This is the TOP 6 I'd like to see next season, and that would solve the problem too.

Voracek and Giroux should be together imo but switching Schenn and Voracek, it would make the second line really young if Konecny plays there.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
This is the TOP 6 I'd like to see next season, and that would solve the problem too.

Voracek and Giroux should be together imo but switching Schenn and Voracek, it would make the second line really young if Konecny plays there.

You could go...

Voracek-Giroux-Konecny
Schenn-Couturier-Simmonds

Thats a big spot for a rookie...but hey he has the talent so he could flourish.

I was hoping Hextall wouldve looked for a cheap, young, "needs a change of scenery" type player to potentially get a top 6 spot. Theres gonna be a lot of competition for it tho...which I think he wants. Who knows...maybe Laughton finds himself as a top 6 LW.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
You could go...

Voracek-Giroux-Konecny
Schenn-Couturier-Simmonds

Thats a big spot for a rookie...but hey he has the talent so he could flourish.

That's a damn big spot for a rookie, but that's also a massive chance to produce and play with elite players. That TOP 6 looks great actually now that Schenn has proven himself too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad