Value of: Top 6 forward to chicago

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Doubt the Hawks would have any interest in 1. spending assets to improve their team or 2. improving their team.

But in the event they really want to use some of that cap space, I’d just sign a free agent that’s out there. Phil Kessel, Zach Parise, Alex Chiasson…someone like that.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
We have a wonderful selection of grizzled veterans for you that can really help out the youngsters.

Armia, Gallagher and Anderson just name a few.

Can be had for a bargain on Black Friday week.

Who you gonna take?

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
who they may be interested in

Olofsson
Pearson
Mangiapani
Beauvillier

Parise
Kessel

Last edited:

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Christian Dvorak would be a local who is young enough to plan on resigning to help insulate the kids, if he's a fit over the season and a half left on his deal.

Figuring out a return would be harder since Chicago won't want to give up futures that Montreal would want for a rebuild.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Christian Dvorak would be a local who is young enough to plan on resigning to help insulate the kids, if he's a fit over the season and a half left on his deal.

Figuring out a return would be harder since Chicago won't want to give up futures that Montreal would want for a rebuild.
Is he good enough at this point to warrant a return?? serious question.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Is he good enough at this point to warrant a return?? serious question.
I think so. Centers are always valuable. He won't ever again be worth a 1st and a 2nd, though.

He isn't productive but he is playing ok, and is the defensive conscience for 2 young offensive wingers.

I'd suggest Colton Dach straight up.

Keep in mind: in a year at worst he'll fetch a second as a rental for whoever has him then.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I think so. Centers are always valuable. He won't ever again be worth a 1st and a 2nd, though.

He isn't productive but he is playing ok, and is the defensive conscience for 2 young offensive wingers.

Keep in mind: in a year at worst he'll fetch a second as a rental for whoever has him then.
No thanks to trading Colton

Reactions: MarotteMarauder

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022

Dach is a 20 year old 6'4" 2nd rounder whos a ppg in the AHL right now. I dont think thats very close in value. I could be wrong.

Reactions: bernmeister

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Dach is a 20 year old 6'4" 2nd rounder whos a ppg in the AHL right now. I dont think thats very close in value. I could be wrong.
He's still a very late 2nd round pick.

What would've been your offer ?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Beauvillier for futures (IF we can't find a taker before the deadline) is something I'd do. Wishing him the best if he gets to spend time with Bedard.

Beauvillier could be a solid player beside Bedard. Can probably have him for free.
I love that you guys didn't muddy the waters with other suggestions. 10/10 for both of you.

Reactions: PettersonHughes

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It's gonna be hard for Montreal to dump Dvorak and Armia, not just on Chicago. They have higher cap hits for what they bring but they also get paid more in cash than their cap as well. Chicago isn't an Arizona but I'm sure they don't want to waste cash on pieces they can get for less elsewhere. Montreal isn't going to want to move picks to dump the contracts, they only have 1 retention spot left to lessen the cap and Chicago doesn't have any bad contracts to send back. The best piece I can see Chicago wanting from Chicago is Allen once they trade Mrazek.

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
Chicago isn't trading any of their 5 2023 WJC gold medalists to Montreal or anybody.....and that includes Colton Dach. Especially not for Dvorak.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Robbie Fabbri might not be a bad target. He’s a skilled player, they can likely get for cheap, who has the speed and skill to play with Bedard. Who’s also a hell of a character guy. Detroit might be willing to move him in the next couple of weeks/month. Total speculation on my behalf.

Obviously his issue is always gonna be about his knees. Hasn’t lost a step though. Believe it or not, after 3 new knees, he just keeps producing when in the lineup. 8 games in since his latest recovery and he already has 4 goals.

The Kane thing likely effects Fabbri more than anyone else.

Fabbri for Katchouk straight up?? Hawks get a Top 6 skilled player, Detroit gets a role player, who slides into that 13th slot, who has a chance to become a nice role player. Yzerman did draft him btw…

They’d probably even just take a pick for Fabbri. Like I said, IF they decide he’s the guy to possibly move. Either a role player or a mid round pick would likely be the cost. He is the type of player, GMs do a solid for. Yzerman will find him a good situation, to have a chance to play and succeed. Just like when Armstrong sent him to Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad