Value of: Top 6 forward to chicago

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Wondering who is looking to not so much give away a top 6 forward but who has a spare to make a trade and what’s the return looking like.

Hockey trade or a futures

IMG_7120.jpeg

Taylor hall out for the year

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Long term, there probably won't really be anything of interest til the off-season. Short term, a guy like duclair would at least have the wheels to keep up and wouldn't be cost prohibitive.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Keep in mind, Chicago has a ton of cap space. And by signing Foligno and Perry this offseason they've proven they don't care about overpaying someone for this season.

So overpaid guys on a 1 year deal seem like the logical choice they'd target.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Keep in mind, Chicago has a ton of cap space. And by signing Foligno and Perry this offseason they've proven they don't care about overpaying someone for this season.

So overpaid guys on a 1 year deal seem like the logical choice they'd target.
Anthony Beauvillier from Vancouver. Expiring contract.

Canucks would like to free up the cap space to make more in-season additions.

Last edited:

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Garland for Murphy perhaps?
No thank you. I feel like we could get Garland for far less than Murphy, and could use Murphy to return better assets than Connor Garland.

Not that I don't like the player or think they are comparable, I am just factoring Vancouver's desire to shed cap moving forward and the lack of urgency for the Hawks to really need a move like this.

Reactions: Conbon

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
No thank you. I feel like we could get Garland for far less than Murphy, and could use Murphy to return better assets than Connor Garland.

Not that I don't like the player or think they are comparable, I am just factoring Vancouver's desire to shed cap moving forward and the lack of urgency for the Hawks to really need a move like this.
I’m fine with moving Garland without Murphy coming back but I imagine the Canucks would only do that if they had another deal lined up for a defenseman or were ready to sign Ethan Bear.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Olofsson is available

Olofsson actually seems like a pretty good fit. He's obviously on the outs in Buffalo, but he can score goals. Might be exactly the sort of player who is well suited to be a "good player on a bad team".

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
Arvidsson on the Kings once he's back from injury could be available

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
JG Pageau? Mantha? Dvorak wouldn't be a ridiculous idea, but he gets paid more than his cap hit, which wouldn't be very attractive.

There actually aren't too many players who need to be dumped by middling or competing teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad