Value of: Top 6 Forward to Buffalo

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Looking to move futures (we have them) for either scoring or d-acumen in the top 6, in order to end this miserable drought.

Who's out there?
Buffalo and Calgary continue to be great trading partners. Take your pick between Coleman (more goals), and Backlund (centre). Coleman is probably more ideal for a top 6 role than Backlund, but both dominate their competition 5v5. Backlund can come with retention, likely not Coleman though.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Buffalo and Calgary continue to be great trading partners. Take your pick between Coleman (more goals), and Backlund (centre). Coleman is probably more ideal for a top 6 role than Backlund, but both dominate their competition 5v5. Backlund can come with retention, likely not Coleman though.
You honestly think the Flames are trading Backlund or Coleman? This is the Calgary Flames we are talking about. I honestly can’t remember the last time this team traded a non upcoming UFA, Sam Bennett I guess who asked for a trade and who had been horrendously undervalued.

Mantha or Kuzmenko could be available. But even then I think this team has no desire to properly rebuild.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Marner if he would agree to an extension in Buffalo. Don't know what the pieces would be coming from Buffalo but he's likely to sign if he's closer to home.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Backlund has a nmc so probably a no go

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Do you guys want physical players like in previous years? Not sure if a cheap defensive stopper who would help (since you guys are #3 in GF and #4 in GA) would be available without breaking the bank... who's available from your team??

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
You honestly think the Flames are trading Backlund or Coleman? This is the Calgary Flames we are talking about. I honestly can’t remember the last time this team traded a non upcoming UFA, Sam Bennett I guess who asked for a trade and who had been horrendously undervalued.

Mantha or Kuzmenko could be available. But even then I think this team has no desire to properly rebuild.
Jacob Markstrom this offseason? Short memory I guess. Calgary is openly looking to add a young centre. Backlund is 35. Who do you think that young centre is replacing?

Those two are our smartest players to move on from. We won’t be trying to win a cup for the next 2-3 seasons, Backlund will be 38 and Coleman will be 35 by that time.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

Backlund needs to want to go to Buffalo (NMC)

Calgary retaining on a non expiring contract? Unlikely.

Buffalo really needs a #2C. Most the fan base seem to believe Cozens is a winger. They should probably look past Coleman from a needs standpoint unless they also address the 2C first.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Backlund needs to want to go to Buffalo (NMC)

Calgary retaining on a non expiring contract? Unlikely. Buffalo really needs a #2C. Most the fan base seem to believe Cozens is a winger. They should probably look past Coleman from a needs standpoint unless they also address the 2C first.
Calgary already traded a non expiring contract with retention just this last off-season, you are the second straight person to weirdly forget this trade happened. We likely won’t be a cap team next year, so if it raises the value of the deal by retaining Calgary will do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad