Top 5 Ottawa Senators Storylines to Watch in 2024-25

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
I had read this article and that these 5 were all solid storylines for the upcoming season:

The article does not really specify if these storylines are ranked but I do agree these are all key storylines.
If so, I would have the ranking as:

1) Ullmark
2) Green
3) Norris
4) Chabot
5) Stutzle

I think you can make a case for a bunch of other potential storylines for this, including:
  • Will Sanderson take the next step to becoming the clear-cut #1 Dman on this team and one of the best in the league?
  • Does Batherson build on his solid season last year and become a dominant 35G/75Point Winger?
  • What effect can Pinto bring to this team in a full season?
  • What does Perron bring to the team?
  • What does Jensen bring to the team?
  • Tkachuk & Giroux
  • Ridly Greig
  • Forsberg
  • Amadio
With a new Goalie, a new Coach, several new players, a bunch of young core players and a number of candidates for a bounce back season, it is definitely going to be an interesting team to watch to see how it all unfolds.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Sanderson is absolutely the clear cut number one D on this team and it's not close in the least.

The story line in my mind is: what kind of coach did we sign up for in Green. Will we be pleasantly surprised or not happy at all.

Reactions: bicboi64

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Giroux's awful finish to last season is flying under the radar. 3 goals in his last 30 plus games was pathetic and he really needs to be a 25 goal guy if the Sens hope to make the playoffs.

Reactions: DrEasy

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
For me, Norris is the BIG question mark. If he's back to normal, the top two lines are so much more complete and potent. If he's a damaged commodity, well that hurts big time.

I was listening to Pinto on the Empty Netters podcast and I loved his pissed off attitude with the team under achieving. He said the whole team is fed up and there's no more excuse.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
For me, Norris is the BIG question mark. If he's back to normal, the top two lines are so much more complete and potent. If he's a damaged commodity, well that hurts big time.

I was listening to Pinto on the Empty Netters podcast and I loved his pissed off attitude with the team under achieving. He said the whole team is fed up and there's no more excuse.

Yeah, finding out if the goalscoring returns to form with Norris isn't the only thing, but also if he returns to the solid two-way player he was in his first two seasons.

He was very much a soft perimeter player last season and it was frustrating to watch. If that continues, I won't like the player any longer even if he scores.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I think there is going to be a piece of news of Ottawa forfeiting a first-round pic. I have a feeling there is going to be some reconsideration by the NHL. This is not over, the new owner is pushing hard on this in behind the scenes.

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
I think there is going to be a piece of news of Ottawa forfeiting a first-round pic. I have a feeling there is going to be some reconsideration by the NHL. This is not over, the new owner is pushing hard on this in behind the scenes.
If this is the case, Andlauer did not do himself any favours by making the Ullmark/Korpisalo trade with Boston on the same night as a Stanley Cup Final game, which we know is a pretty big no-no for Commissioner Bettman.

It certainly seems like there might be some underlying tension between Andlauer and Bettman on this, which is a storyline we really don't need, especially coming on the heels of the last owner.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Hoping it was due to injury rather than ageing.
Might have been tired from carrying the team on his back all season. He was by far the best player last year up to that point. Cant expect a 35 year old to be your best player in this league with so many guys under performing.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Toss up between Ullmark and Norris for me.

If Ullmark is as good as he was behind Boston, he can singlehandedly keep us in the playoff race even if we slip in the first two months like we always do.

If Norris can get to 30g form and not shy away from physical contact, we're making the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad