Proposal: Top 4 RD to Utah

GhostofYotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Justin Barron could fit that spot.

MTL : Barron
for
Utha : Lamoureux
I'd be pretty surprised to see Lamoureux moved for anything shy of a top4 D/top 6 F (not 1 for 1, but he's a big boy and moves the puck real well).

Lindgren is super interesting. Utah would likely only get ~75% of a season out of him based on his injury history, but he's a legit player. I'd do a 2nd and a prospect, I don't think a 2nd alone is enough for a 2/3 defenseman who's all of 26.

Graves is also interesting, I'd probably do a 3rd or 4th + prospect.

If there was a team who could offer a bigger, two way style 1/2 center and 2/3 defenseman, I'd open up my trade chips pretty heavily, especially if they're 27 or younger. It's early and I haven't been watching the games, but Hayton seems to have found his stride based on the stats and what I've read. Maybe I'm being premature on the top 6 center thing, but I've been of the opinion that an additional top 4 LD would put us into bubble territory.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
I think Utah would offer a pick for Liljegren, not McBain though. My thinking is Toronto then just holds onto that draft pick until the deadline when they can move it for something else.
Thats fine. Give us a 3rd round pick and a gallon of Fry Sauce and he's yours (the Fry Sauce is a deal breaker)

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
This is a question, not a well thought out proposal so feedback is appreciated...attacks not so much. I saw something like this on the Leafs board.

Liljegren
Kampf

For

McBain
+ Pick (2nd? 3rd? 5th?)

I think Utah wins this hockey trade which is why I think we need a pick going back to TO.

Kampf is probably equal to or more valuable than McBain. This is about the Kampf contract and Toronto wanting to free up space this year and the next two. Kampf is reliable, durable and a solid shut down C and PK option.

Liljegren could be a top four and could have untapped upside. His ceiling is higher than we are seeing now and his floor is not that low. Again, this about contract and cap space. Toronto currently has some useful pieces on LTIR that can't come off without the Leafs moving out some dollars.

I think Utah is better the day after this trade and the Leafs get McBain and a path to get Jarnkrok, Dewar and Hakanpaa in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad