Value of: Top 4 puck moving LD to NYI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If you have a similar upside RD, the Canucks should consider moving Rathbone, we have our top 2 LD sewed up for the next 6 years.

Loved Rathbone in college. I just feel like he’s too inexperienced as a pro to bank on him in that position. A similar RD prospect would be Wilde I guess.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Why is Seattle trading their captain?

I think at this point Anaheim if moving Lindholm they aren’t going to want strictly 1sts.

"Mark Giordano as a deadline acquisition seems more of Lou's typical trade deadline acquisition."

Meaning a veteran older UFA d-man like Giordano or similar is more the likely kind of player Lou would focus on as a deadline acquisition. What Seattle/Giordano decides to do is entirely up to them. If Giordano is not an option at the deadline, then he's not.

Quite honestly, I think it's more likely the Isles send a 1st and sweetener to Detroit to reacquire Leddy then they are to do a package of a first AND Wahlstrom for another d-man.

AGAIN, this is not to speak of the value of any available D-man like Lindholm. I think the Isles value Wahlstrom higher than some organizations and most fans on this board.

Anaheim fans...Would you consider a Lindholm for two first round picks and a Sweetener? Bellows or B-level prospect?

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I'd rather they get their slide done now than later...and though there was a threat to miss the playoffs the two years it's all hyperbole, one season it required them to continue sliding while others in the division continued to win eight of ten.

Trading for a defenseman right now while Sorokin looks sloppy, everyone on the D looks sloppy and the 2nd and 4th line looks like ass is just a recipe for Lou to get bent over and reamed....no one wants to see that.

I'd rather see Aho, Salo and Bolduc get called up rather than trade yet another 1st+ in order to fill a 2nd or 3rd pairing Dman.

Just as bad as Chara, Pulock and Dobson
well, that's unfortunate. LOVED watching him in the playoffs last year

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
well, that's unfortunate. LOVED watching him in the playoffs last year

It's only been two games. No honest Isles fan thinks it's an indictment of him as a player overall, as much as the Isles as a team are out of sync. They have been under .500 after the first five games every year under Trotz.

But with that said, I fully expect them to be under or at .500 after this 13 game road trip. And yes, they still need a better puck moving d-man at some point. Hopefully, that can come internally before via trade.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Can’t blame Isles fans for thinking that they can land Lindholm with Komarov when Uncle Lou decided to keep him over Devon Toews.

Yeah except no Isles fan thinks or suggested this. Come back as Korra already, maybe you'll have healthier disposition then.

Reactions: Seph

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
It’s a rough road trip for them, but I imagine once they are in the “new” old barn they’ll go a run. I did caution Isles fans about replacing Leddy with Greene and Chara though despite the idea that Leddy’s peak was over.

I think Lou simply struck out during the offseason looking for a replacement. Re: Leddy, it was the cap hit that really bothered me. The warts were obvious but after losing an excellent puck-mover in Toews losing Leddy was really awful...not getting an adequate replacement was a big mistake.

They "need" to be around .500 after this 13 game road trip. If they are I think they'll be in great shape.

We'll see. I think a lot of Isles fans realize they can beat anyone in a seven game series, it's simply having a good enough regular season to qualify for the postseason which is the big issue.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
The Ducks will probably resign Lindholm. If he is available then there will be a lot of teams interested, especially since the Ducks can retain on him.

What would the Isles be offering?

Risto got the 14th overall and 2nd. Lindholm is significantly better.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
David Savard of all Dmen went for a 1st and 3rd last year. Risto was traded for the 14th overall +
Anaheim wants a 1st + Raty for Lindholm + salary retention.
Should be an easy re-sign, He's familiar with Kyle Palmieri former teammate.

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
The Ducks will probably resign Lindholm. If he is available then there will be a lot of teams interested, especially since the Ducks can retain on him.

David Savard of all Dmen went for a 1st and 3rd last year. Risto was traded for the 14th overall +
Anaheim wants a 1st + Raty for Lindholm + salary retention.
Should be an easy re-sign, He's familiar with Kyle Palmieri former teammate.
I’d do the first and Raty. Lindholm is a great player and I’d want to re-sign him after the season

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019

He may be, but GMs overrate points, something that Risto has a much better track record of. In fact defensive defensemen are the least valued commodity today

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Loved Rathbone in college. I just feel like he’s too inexperienced as a pro to bank on him in that position. A similar RD prospect would be Wilde I guess.

You mean the guy who thought it was his given right to play hockey?

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
NYI has no cap space and average prospects.

They need to move equal salary on players few teams have interest. Barzal is not moving. Option would be Beauvillier and Sorokin need to be included to make any comparable salary deal to work. Overpayment ie. 1st with a salary dump might also be an option.

I don’t see NYI would make any moves unless LTI happens.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Torey Krug could be available.. any interest?
As much as I believe the Blues need a true two-way top pairing LD now and into the future, I would want Krug at least on this year's squad because he'll be a better asset this year than Perunovich.

I also don't believe Armstrong shares our sentiment about Krug long term. My thoughts are that as Krug stops being productive, that contract gets tough to move, and it will occur before term expiration. Thus, if Perunovich can replace the skillset cheaply, you try to move Krug in a year or two while there's still value to be returned.

But my guess is Krug stays longer, so I'm not going to spend a lot of time thinking about possible moves involving him at this juncture. More about adding another defender without subtracting, for as much playoff depth as possible.

The whole fate of the Blues ability to do this kind of thing is tied up in Tarasenko's situation at the moment, and how that plays out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad