Value of: Top 4 puck moving LD to NYI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
Only 2 games in but the Isles have been running around like chickens with their heads cut off in the D zone. Chara is done and by the looks of it Greene might be too. Sebastian Aho will get a shot but he’s a quadruple A player imo.

Who might be available? Isles are gonna be all in so pretty much all picks and prospects are on the table for the right deal.

*queue Nick Leddy/Devon Toews jokes*

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac Attack

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
depending on what happens with the kraken gio is probably going to be available. Maybe Lindholm but I am not sure what the ducks situation is at all so im not too sure. Cant really think of anyone else off the top of my head. Need more games to happen

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I want Lindholm. Before the Ekholm extension I thought he’d be a potential perfect in season/deadline acquisition.

Chara and Greene are decent veteran depth but it’s clear it’s going to be tough to have them both play full time for 82 plus games potentially.

I think Robin Salo eventually will be the #2 LD behind Pelech but it’s too early for him to take that assignment full time.

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
depending on what happens with the kraken gio is probably going to be available. Maybe Lindholm but I am not sure what the ducks situation is at all so im not too sure. Cant really think of anyone else off the top of my head. Need more games to happen

I want Lindholm. Before the Ekholm extension I thought he’d be a potential perfect in season/deadline acquisition.

Chara and Greene are decent veteran depth but it’s clear it’s going to be tough to have them both play full time for 82 plus games potentially.

I think Robin Salo eventually will be the #2 LD behind Pelech but it’s too early for him to take that assignment full time.
Lindholm would be an incredible addition but I’ve seen a lot of Ducks fans saying they’ll likely re-sign him

Reactions: SI90

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Probably a possible add, but I feel like Anaheim is asking for Wahlstrom and a 1st for him.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Don’t see the Kraken trading their very first Team Captain in their first year existence, unless Gio makes it known he’s not staying in Seattle.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Probably a possible add, but I feel like Anaheim is asking for Wahlstrom and a 1st for him.

hes a UFA correct? Not saying that isn’t a fair ask but the isles I don’t think would be looking to remove starters from the roster. Especially Wally who the isles feel will be a big part of their offense going forward.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Shattenkirk got a 1st, Copley and Sanford. I don’t see a huge difference in that package and a 1st and Wahlstrom.

Wahlstrom’s draft position sure, but he was drafted nearly 5 years ago.
OK gotcha. I thought you were comparing the players not the return. Also draft position goes out of the window after the players drafted. The draft was three years ago anyway Wahlstrom is just 21. Like I said though I guess it’s a fair ask but I wouldn’t give up Wahlstrom for Lindholm. Especially as a rental. The isles half Pelech and Pulock and Dobson for the foreseeable future in their top four. The second left defense spot needs to be filled but it’s not something the isles need to desperately pay for

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Shattenkirk got a 1st, Copley and Sanford. I don’t see a huge difference in that package and a 1st and Wahlstrom.

Wahlstrom’s draft position sure, but he was drafted nearly 5 years ago.

This pretty much sums up why you will have so much disagreement from Isles fans. Isles organization and Isles fans don’t feel that Wahlstrom has grown less in value from when he was drafted. But more.

Sure you and other fans may feel like he has been a disappointment based on minor league production. But for Isles fans who have watched him over the past year, he shows a high level of promise, with decent production and typical inconsistency.

That’s to say, his development is moving along far better than the general HFBoard fan opinion.

This is his fourth year post draft.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
This pretty much sums up why you will have so much disagreement from Isles fans. Isles organization and Isles fans don’t feel that Wahlstrom has grown less in value from when he was drafted. But more.

Sure you and other fans may feel like he has been a disappointment based on minor league production. But for Isles fans who have watched him over the past year, he shows a high level of promise, with decent production and typical inconsistency.

That’s to say, his development is moving along far better than the general HFBoard fan opinion.

This is his fourth year post draft.

I think he’s a fine player, but he isn’t much different than where Sanford and Copley were trending at that point.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I think he’s a fine player, but he isn’t much different than where Sanford and Copley were trending at that point.

Fair. But my point is that it’s more of… Isles and fans value him more than his generally perceived worth.

So those things always go sideways pretty quickly. On one hand you can justifiably present his production to date as an argument for his worth as a low 1st round.

But then Isles fans (me included) will just say then I’d rather they just keep him since he appears to be showing strong signs of becoming much more.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Fair. But my point is that it’s more of… Isles and fans value him more than his generally perceived worth.

So those things always go sideways pretty quickly. On one hand you can justifiably present his production to date as an argument for his worth as a low 1st round.

But then Isles fans (me included) will just say then I’d rather they just keep him since he appears to be showing strong signs of becoming much more.
if ya want someone that's good, ya gotta give. no one's trading a Lindholm for Leo and a 3rd

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA

I’m not an Anaheim fan, but they are not going to move Lindholm for nothing.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
if ya want someone that's good, ya gotta give. no one's trading a Lindholm for Leo and a 3rd

I’m not an Anaheim fan, but they are not going to move Lindholm for nothing.

Yeah, the quoted should all go without saying. Nowhere in my posts was there a deal suggested or implied that expected Lindholm to be acquired for such an undervalued amount.

My point is the Isles and fans value Wahlstrom more than his perceived worth around these boards. I would just expect the Isles to respectfully decline and move on to other options.

To the Islanders/Islander fans Wahlstrom and a first for Lindholm right now is a NO. But Two firsts and sweetner may work. And that second package is likely worth as much as what most fans would attribute to the first one. So please stop with the Komarov and 3rd hyperbole.

To the premise of this original post I don't see the Isles trading for a d-man so early in the year. They will certainly do so closer to the deadline. But that could be anywhere from a quality player to more depth.

I would expect them to allow their defense time to get used to their system over the course of the 13 game road trip. After that they will likely give Robin Salo an opportunity.

Finally, Mark Giordano as a deadline acquisition seems more of Lou's typical trade deadline acquisition.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Yeah, the quoted should all go without saying. Nowhere in my posts was there a deal suggested or implied that expected Lindholm to be acquired for such an undervalued amount.

My point is the Isles and fans value Wahlstrom more than his perceived worth around these boards. I would just expect the Isles to respectfully decline and move on to other options.

To the Islanders/Islander fans Wahlstrom and a first for Lindholm right now is a NO. But Two firsts and sweetner may work. And that second package is likely worth as much as what most fans would attribute to the first one. So please stop with the Komarov and 3rd hyperbole.

To the premise of this original post I don't see the Isles trading for a d-man so early in the year. They will certainly do so closer to the deadline. But that could be anywhere from a quality player to more depth.

I would expect them to allow their defense time to get used to their system over the course of the 13 game road trip. After that they will likely give Robin Salo an opportunity.

Finally, Mark Giordano as a deadline acquisition seems more of Lou's typical trade deadline acquisition.

Why is Seattle trading their captain?

I think at this point Anaheim if moving Lindholm they aren’t going to want strictly 1sts.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Can we watch Chara and Greene fail some more, then watch Aho fail some, then watch Salo fail some before we start trading 1st's for rentals? Good Christ, the Isles under Trotz haven't started above .500 in the first five to ten games since he became coach and they lost to two of the better teams in the Conference yet we need to save our defense.

The only defenseman that's looked good is Pelly. They've all blown goats.

Reactions: Crashsunday

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Can we watch Chara and Greene fail some more, then watch Aho fail some, then watch Salo fail some before we start trading 1st's for rentals? Good Christ, the Isles under Trotz haven't started above .500 in the first five to ten games since he became coach and they lost to two of the better teams in the Conference yet we need to save our defense.

is Mayfield not going well?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA

I mean this year and next are really the years for the Isles to win the cup. Why wouldn’t they go all out?

And say what you will, but a 5-10 game slid like the Isles have been apt to pull the last two years is going to be a big deal in this Metro. Last time the Metro was going the Isles were projecting to miss the playoffs no?

The Alien

From another world.
Apr 1, 2015
BC
If you have a similar upside RD, the Canucks should consider moving Rathbone, we have our top 2 LD sewed up for the next 6 years.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
I mean this year and next are really the years for the Isles to win the cup. Why wouldn’t they go all out?

And say what you will, but a 5-10 game slid like the Isles have been apt to pull the last two years is going to be a big deal in this Metro. Last time the Metro was going the Isles were projecting to miss the playoffs no?

I'd rather they get their slide done now than later...and though there was a threat to miss the playoffs the two years it's all hyperbole, one season it required them to continue sliding while others in the division continued to win eight of ten.

Trading for a defenseman right now while Sorokin looks sloppy, everyone on the D looks sloppy and the 2nd and 4th line looks like ass is just a recipe for Lou to get bent over and reamed....no one wants to see that.

I'd rather see Aho, Salo and Bolduc get called up rather than trade yet another 1st+ in order to fill a 2nd or 3rd pairing Dman.

is Mayfield not going well?

Just as bad as Chara, Pulock and Dobson

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I'd rather they get their slide done now than later...and though there was a threat to miss the playoffs the two years it's all hyperbole, one season it required them to continue sliding while others in the division continued to win eight of ten.

Trading for a defenseman right now while Sorokin looks sloppy, everyone on the D looks sloppy and the 2nd and 4th line looks like ass is just a recipe for Lou to get bent over and reamed....no one wants to see that.

I'd rather see Aho, Salo and Bolduc get called up rather than trade yet another 1st+ in order to fill a 2nd or 3rd pairing Dman.

Just as bad as Chara, Pulock and Dobson

It’s a rough road trip for them, but I imagine once they are in the “new” old barn they’ll go a run. I did caution Isles fans about replacing Leddy with Greene and Chara though despite the idea that Leddy’s peak was over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad